One Times One

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

SydneyFC wrote:
Pertou wrote:To be honest SFC, some of the flavours on 1X1 are actually more bitter than coffee!

I really like this release... give me guitar solos rather than Jon Anderson any day! :D

7/10
I'd give it 8/10. Love the guitar solos also.
I would agree with that rating Sydney FC,the highlights for me are the Superb first track and the excellent guitar work throughout..........I hope we will get the chance to hear Echnaton in the "Live" setting 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Doubt I'll get a chance to hear it live in concert (as in being part of an audience)but yeah it would be great to have a live concert from 2008 released on disc with a version of Echinaton. Heres to 2008.
"Sydney till I Die"
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

SydneyFC wrote:Doubt I'll get a chance to hear it live in concert (as in being part of an audience)but yeah it would be great to have a live concert from 2008 released on disc with a version of Echinaton. Heres to 2008.
you can never say never with TD maybe edgar would fancy a holiday in Aus
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

alipaul wrote:
SydneyFC wrote:Doubt I'll get a chance to hear it live in concert (as in being part of an audience)but yeah it would be great to have a live concert from 2008 released on disc with a version of Echinaton. Heres to 2008.
you can never say never with TD maybe edgar would fancy a holiday in Aus
Yes the weather is very nice here. I would be first in line for tickets if it happened. :) You have actually given me a bit of hope about this.
"Sydney till I Die"
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Apparently there was talk of doing a part of the Dante project in Australia at one time...... I certainly remember reading it some years back :arrow:
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

epsilon75 wrote:Apparently there was talk of doing a part of the Dante project in Australia at one time...... I certainly remember reading it some years back :arrow:
Fingers crossed then. Maybe 2008.
"Sydney till I Die"
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

SydneyFC wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Apparently there was talk of doing a part of the Dante project in Australia at one time...... I certainly remember reading it some years back :arrow:
Of course the 3 Parts of the Dante series "Live" are now completed,but who knows......TD may well come to your country :wink:
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

epsilon75 wrote:
SydneyFC wrote:
Of course the 3 Parts of the Dante series "Live" are now completed,but who knows......TD may well come to your country :wink:
The complete Dante Series at the Sydney Opera House New Years Eve 2008/09

Or failing that Maroubra Bay at ........eh Maroubra Bay
"Sydney till I Die"
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

SydneyFC wrote:Track One is spectacular. It is the pop music of the future which I have always dreamt about.
Similar associations here when listening to OTO ... :)
Like pop music from a different part of the Milky Way ... very good! 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

My opinion on the new disc, track one...fantastic, simply one of the best things from Edgar in ages, brilliant (I think there's a Nordlead sound in there somewhere, with hints of Moricone, and Popol Vuh...bare with me and the whistling thereminy synth at the end is a great touch). As for the rest...filler (IMHO) nice enough, don't get me wrong, but they don't hold my attention (yet)...especially Edgar's guitar which sounds as if it's been flown in from other tracks. I'll be thinking of this release as a long CD single (sorry Eastgate my coffee's cold well before 35 minutes ;))
Last edited by 24db on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

BM agrees with Andy, the first track is wibblewobble strange, absolutely cool music....arcanely moderne :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

The whole CD is good in my opinion although I am not keen on listening to Man. For some reason I can`t listen to any of the music from MFD without the singing now, it doesn`t sound right :roll:.
Nero

Post by Nero »

'Echnaton...' is absolutely stunning as well as 'Modesty and Greed' - a very cool and exiting guitar work from EF. But I like the other more athmospherical tracks, too, especially tracks 5 and 6 including great ethnic sounds and voices.

It's hard to please everybody as always...:-) :roll:
hansx

Post by hansx »

Will play it tomorrow in my carstereo on my way to work. Then I have finally the time. :(
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:My opinion on the new disc, track one...fantastic, simply one of the best things from Edgar in ages, brilliant (I think there's a Nordlead sound in there somewhere, with hints of Moricone, and Popol Vuh...bare with me and the whistling thereminy synth at the end is a great touch).
...there's also a great early psychedelic Floyd moment with a slide guitar and some almost Motown funky guitar strumming. It shouldn't work..... but it does. Absolutely fantastic stuff.