One Night in Space DVD

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

well, my dvd plays fine on my laptop, mac g5 and on my proper dvd player

its a wonderful dvd of a great night

so now we have sbe05, astoria, orange odyssey and now onis-frankfurt :D

i vigil eindhoven dvd, as well as dvd of td london 2008 and japan 2008 :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
ant

Post by ant »

:D My DVD plays fine thank goodness. An excellent concert I thought and the One Night In Space version was awsome!! On the Bonus section the picture was very shaky as if I had had ten pints of something. It was ok when the camera stopped moving though. was this just me or is it the same for everyone? If it was done like that deliberately I don't think much of it. Concert 9/10, Bonus 1/10. :)
Biggus Dickus
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

ant wrote::D My DVD plays fine thank goodness. An excellent concert I thought and the One Night In Space version was awsome!! On the Bonus section the picture was very shaky as if I had had ten pints of something. It was ok when the camera stopped moving though. was this just me or is it the same for everyone? If it was done like that deliberately I don't think much of it. Concert 9/10, Bonus 1/10. :)
The shaky-camera thing is the same on my DVD players. Not sure whether it's deliberate or a consequence of shooting video in poor lighting conditions. Quite like it myself but am glad that it doesn't go on for too long.
hansx

Post by hansx »

bigmoog wrote:well, my dvd plays fine on my laptop, mac g5 and on my proper dvd player

its a wonderful dvd of a great night

so now we have sbe05, astoria, orange odyssey and now onis-frankfurt :D

i vigil eindhoven dvd, as well as dvd of td london 2008 and japan 2008 :wink:
No problems with mine either. I like the video's very very much. Even my son does like it. :lol:
Jollyhawker

Post by Jollyhawker »

What an AWESOME DVD!! The quality is quite staggering....and the fan clips are such a bonus for those of us who were there...thanks a lot TD! :D
"Lives of great men all remind us that we may make our lives sublime and so departing leave behind us footprints in the sands of time"
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

How is it edited? Do you get to see a lot of the NASA space footage?
24db

Post by 24db »

shame about the frame flicker on the Extras, otherwise this is my favourite DVD...so far
24db

Post by 24db »

tdfan wrote:How is it edited? Do you get to see a lot of the NASA space footage?
a fair bit, like the Astoria DVD, where what was projected at the gig is sometimes superimposed over the live footage. It's done really well
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:Pioneer by any chance Daz?
yes Andy is it a common fault ?
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:
24db wrote:Pioneer by any chance Daz?
yes Andy is it a common fault ?
Pioneers don't like TD DVDs :)....do you get a fault with the extras, with no sound as well mate? I've tried the disc on 3 other players and it works fine
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

After watching 3-4 tracks of the ONIS dvd , I must conclude I don't like TD DVD's at all... I would prefer live albums any day.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Pertou wrote:After watching 3-4 tracks of the ONIS dvd , I must conclude I don't like TD DVD's at all... I would prefer live albums any day.

I know what you are saying Jacob and understand where you are coming from...but.... I quite enjoy the DVDs especially on my 118 inch projection screen and 6,000 watt 5.1 surround system using just one bose speaker :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
hansx

Post by hansx »

bigmoog wrote:
Pertou wrote:After watching 3-4 tracks of the ONIS dvd , I must conclude I don't like TD DVD's at all... I would prefer live albums any day.

I know what you are saying Jacob and understand where you are coming from...but.... I quite enjoy the DVDs especially on my 118 inch projection screen and 6,000 watt 5.1 surround system using just one bose speaker :wink:
I also like the listening of it. Watching isn't indeed always the best pleasure, cause of the static show of them. The last one is a bit better on this matter, because the NASA photo's are a thrill to see.
By the way, after 2 times I find it better than in first instance. :lol:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Of all my dvd collection theres only a handful had more than 2 viewings. I much prefer live CD's to dvd's as well. I often can't find the time to watch a whole DVD.
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

I have enjoyed the DVDs very much. Being able to see the performance really adds an extra dimension to the music. The Inferno DVD is beautiful to watch with the computer graphics, colourful costumes and masks, pyrotechnics and light.

A few songs that I didn't care much about on the MFD CD is more enjoyable when viewed in a music video style. And the shoot of Edgar fishing that huge balloon from the pond during Lake of Pontchartrain makes me smile every time :-)

Orange Odyssey is a true gem. It's the concert with the most live feeling to it. The more I watch it, the more I like it!

I usually split the viewing of a whole DVD over several evenings.

Still waiting to receive One night in space...

I hope that Edgar will give us many more DVD releases in the future. Not only concerts but also other kinds of interesting mixes of music and images (perhaps zoom-o-graphics on DVD?)