One Times One

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:My opinion on the new disc, track one...fantastic, simply one of the best things from Edgar in ages, brilliant (I think there's a Nordlead sound in there somewhere, with hints of Moricone, and Popol Vuh...bare with me and the whistling thereminy synth at the end is a great touch).
...there's also a great early psychedelic Floyd moment with a slide guitar and some almost Motown funky guitar strumming. It shouldn't work..... but it does. Absolutely fantastic stuff.
I wonder if the rhythmic stuff are just samples, either way it works well and overall it's a cracker! more please!!!
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I love the eighties feel of this album more please
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:I love the eighties feel of this album more please
Yeah, I'm getting that as well Daz, very eighties and yet with an open and dynamic new sound
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

i feel an exit and tangramian nodal essence implying itself on this cd :|

but its very td now

its being played on repeat, as i did with onis, boac and swsis
...The wise.....are silent.....
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Great to have Daughters of Time on the playlist. My son has a really great soundsystem hooked up to the computer ...much better than my stereo...so it sounds even better listening to it this way.
"Sydney till I Die"
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

well, IMHO, the recent sound quality of TD releases is truly excellent : clean, dynamic, richly textured [post continues on someother audiophile geek site]
...The wise.....are silent.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

SydneyFC wrote:Great to have Daughters of Time on the playlist. My son has a really great soundsystem hooked up to the computer ...much better than my stereo...so it sounds even better listening to it this way.
I really like this track, thought it was a bit of a knock-off at first but now think it's really great. Very subtle.
hansx

Post by hansx »

bigmoog wrote:i feel an exit and tangramian nodal essence implying itself on this cd :|

but its very td now

its being played on repeat, as i did with onis, boac and swsis
It is indeed very TD. I like it until now. Listened this morning in the car stereo. Very rhytmic, the guitar in the second number (cannot remember the title at the moment) is known from another song, at least it sounded familiar. Have to listen some more, before I can give a final conclusion.
ant

Post by ant »

:D Only played it twice so far but sounds good. The first four tracks appeal to me more probably because they have excellent guitar work on them by Edgar and there are certainly references to others works in them with some definitely sounding like they are from the Miracle Mile days. Tracks 5 & 6 are taking a little longer to get into, for me anyway, but are still good tracks. I notice, however, that it is Edgar on his own again - What has happened to Mr TQ?? I hope he has not left the band as I have really enjoyed his input to date and am hoping for more great things to come from him and Edgar together. :)
Biggus Dickus
har

Post by har »

there is nothing quite like that experience of getting a new TD CD......open the package, get the CD fired up........ press play........YOU NEVER KNOW WHATS COMING WITH TANGERINE DREAM 8)

I like 1x1 very much, track 1 is stunning love the rest also, except no so keen on the version of Loved by the sun ( but been whistling that frequently since christmas day :D )

Love the album, away to stick it on the now.
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

I take it the new album is all the work of Edgar froese??, am listening to the TD Jukebox at this moment: Daughters of Time. very nice. The vocals probably provided by the Virsyn Cantor software. I've noticed on stage that he uses another Virsyn software synthesiser - so my bet is the vocals are provided by Cantor.

Wouldn't swear to it though. I downloaded the 30 day trial version of Cantor 2.1 - damn good fun

:wink: :wink:
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
David Ryle

Post by David Ryle »

har wrote:
I like 1x1 very much, track 1 is stunning love the rest also, except no so keen on the version of Loved by the sun
Wow, not me. I love that track. One of the best melodies ever. Of course I'm sure you meant the re-take, not the actual music.

I occasionally find myself listening and making a value judgement about the tunes, something like...
"Oh, that one is okay, but not my favorite... etc."
until I stop and think of the fact that if it was anyone else playing it I would be buying it and listening to it over and over, but since it is TD, it seems somehow under the impossibly high standards I have set for them.

This CD will be one of my favorites I can tell, regardless of the retakes. I am still amazed that I can be swept away by EF and TD even after 35 years of listening to them. The dream never dies.

-David
Two glasses Australian Shiraz, roaring fireplace, my Linda in arms and Rubycon on the player = BLISS
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Loved by the sun is a beautiful track. I like the original on the Legend album more than the new version. But this version is also a beauty. 8)
David Ryle

Post by David Ryle »

Froesesque wrote:The vocals probably provided by the Virsyn Cantor software. I've noticed on stage that he uses another Virsyn software synthesiser - so my bet is the vocals are provided by Cantor. :wink: :wink:
A good guess. The Virsyn Matrix software is powerful. It is worth noting as well that the little Korg Radias is a pretty good vocoder in it's own rights. Although not a powerful in some respects as the Matrix, it does excel at ease of use and stunning sound quality. That is a fixture in the last few music outputs from TD.

-David
Two glasses Australian Shiraz, roaring fireplace, my Linda in arms and Rubycon on the player = BLISS
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

For me, new music is good music when it triggers an atmosphere or feeling I haven't experienced yet. One Times One does that, so it's good music. :-)
I'm not so keen on dissecting the individual tracks, because it'd make the magic disappear...