Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject: LE PARC
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:36 pm 
... My big sister (soon turning 27) just ADORES Le Parc. She's always very interested when a new musical trend hits my radar, but usually she pokes fun of whatever I listen to, if it's not pop enough.

She even recognized Lady Monk as Zen Garden, when I played her and my mother the ONIS download... Her iTunes says six plays of Le Parc, but she says she has played it much more, even thrice in a row! (I don't think I've ever had)

What is about LE PARC, that is so special? I can only think of another album with the same appeal... Madcap's Flaming Duty!?!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
I like Le Parc but it was something of a departure for TD with all short songs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
worked far better live for me in 1986, although I don't think it's a bad album though, infact some of the tracks are brilliant

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:54 pm 
24db wrote:
worked far better live for me in 1986, although I don't think it's a bad album though, infact some of the tracks are brilliant


Trust me, they still work today!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
worked far better live for me in 1986, although I don't think it's a bad album though, infact some of the tracks are brilliant


Trust me, they still work today!


Edgar, are you reading this? ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:58 pm 
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
worked far better live for me in 1986, although I don't think it's a bad album though, infact some of the tracks are brilliant


Trust me, they still work today!


Edgar, are you reading this? ;)


My sister even said that EF on the MFD shirt looked like Kiefer Southerland :oops: :D


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4501
Location: Netherlands
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
worked far better live for me in 1986, although I don't think it's a bad album though, infact some of the tracks are brilliant


Trust me, they still work today!


Edgar, are you reading this? ;)


My sister even said that EF on the MFD shirt looked like Kiefer Southerland :oops: :D


guys she didn't have her glasses on? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:50 pm
Posts: 547
Location: Louisiana, USA
Edgar Froese as Jack Bauer? The mind boggles! Maybe EF should compose the score to the next season of 24. (dink-BOOM, dink-BOOM, dink-BOOM ...!) :D

_________________
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:45 pm
Posts: 177
Le Parc has always been an interesting album

Martin C strong described it as "brilliant" in "The Great Rock Discography" but strangely gave it 5/10 as a rating !

Stand out tracks for me are Tiergarten, Hyde Park and Le Parc.

Hopefully Clare Torry got paid for her vocals and didnt need to sue Edgar as she did with Pink Floyd for the Great Gig in the Sky


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:02 am
Posts: 84
Location: Worthing (hub of the known universe)
My first post–gotta start somewhere i suppose.

Originally bought Le Park on vinyl at an electronica back in 1980 or thereabouts but also downloaded it just a few weeks ago to my Ipod and I could swear at least one track 'Hydepark' has been reworked. It sounds more finished than the original I remember. Does anyone know if this is the case or is it just my old grey matter playing tricks?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
Mac cuber transfer wrote:
My first post–gotta start somewhere i suppose.

Originally bought Le Park on vinyl at an electronica back in 1980 or thereabouts but also downloaded it just a few weeks ago to my Ipod and I could swear at least one track 'Hydepark' has been reworked. It sounds more finished than the original I remember. Does anyone know if this is the case or is it just my old grey matter playing tricks?


Welcome to the forum Mac cuber transfer 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LE PARC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:35 am
Posts: 356
Location: Edgar's dried Quinoa pantry
Pertou wrote:
... My big sister (soon turning 27) just ADORES Le Parc. She's always very interested when a new musical trend hits my radar, but usually she pokes fun of whatever I listen to, if it's not pop enough.

She even recognized Lady Monk as Zen Garden, when I played her and my mother the ONIS download... Her iTunes says six plays of Le Parc, but she says she has played it much more, even thrice in a row! (I don't think I've ever had)

What is about LE PARC, that is so special? I can only think of another album with the same appeal... Madcap's Flaming Duty!?!


Blimey, has TD got one of it's first female fans. Crikey 'o' reiley never thought I'd ever see the day

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:13 pm
Posts: 869
Location: Twiddling with a HiFi system somewhere
Mac cuber transfer wrote:
My first post–gotta start somewhere i suppose.

Originally bought Le Park on vinyl at an electronica back in 1980 or thereabouts but also downloaded it just a few weeks ago to my Ipod and I could swear at least one track 'Hydepark' has been reworked. It sounds more finished than the original I remember. Does anyone know if this is the case or is it just my old grey matter playing tricks?


Simple :)

You had an LP, now you're hearing it properly without distortion (aoart from the MP3 mangling...)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:02 am
Posts: 84
Location: Worthing (hub of the known universe)
Thanks timer

Good to be here


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 883
Location: Chelmsford - home of the Chelmsford TDBA
I remember buying the Streethawk 12" way back on it's release, and hating the version on there. i wanted a version in keeping with the series theme. So, I never bought Le Parc.

Years later, i kicked myself when I finally bought the Sanctuary remaster, as the album version is very good and in keeping with the series theme. :lol:

_________________
http://wayfarer2006.blogspot.com/
http://www.last.fm/user/Browncoat
TDBA - Chelmsford Battalion


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage