So, where's Thorsten?

EricDraven
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

So, where's Thorsten?

Post by EricDraven »

Couldn't help but notice the absence of TQ on recent TD releases. Has he moved on already? I find it strange that Edgar has released albums using the TD moniker as, he has stated in the past, that TD is a group effort and he couldn't go it alone hence his solo albums.
Electronic music for sale at
http://www.synthnation.weebly.com
Nero

Post by Nero »

Maybe Thorsten works on another project. TD is full of surprises! It doesn't matter to me who composes what as long as the music is good - and the present releases are stunning!! 8)
We shouldn't start speculations here....we only know that we don't know nothing...! :lol:
ant

Post by ant »

:? I mentioned this fact in my comments on the 1x1 release noting that he once again was not involved. We will have to wait and see I guess but it would be nice when changes do happen if we were informed. After all, I don't recall there ever officially being an anouncement to say that Jerome had left. It would just be nice to be told and also perhaps be given the reason for the members departure, and also more info on members when they join. People come and people go and we are left knowing nothing. Please TD (EF) - keep us informed as to what is happening with our favourite band. It may not seem important to you to do so but believe me to some of us it really does matter. :D
Biggus Dickus
hansx

Re: So, where's Thorsten?

Post by hansx »

EricDraven wrote:Couldn't help but notice the absence of TQ on recent TD releases. Has he moved on already? I find it strange that Edgar has released albums using the TD moniker as, he has stated in the past, that TD is a group effort and he couldn't go it alone hence his solo albums.
Guess you know more in April. :lol:
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Maybee, this is something we can ask Einsteins Barber about. Thorsen is still turning up to the gigs - he is still part of the live shows. He's either working on solo projects or has got artistic block

:wink:
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

one day BM hopes to wheel his modular on stage with TD :shock: :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
David Ryle

Post by David Ryle »

I received a blog from TQ at myspace yesterday. He is enjoying a well deserved hiatus over the holidays.

IMO Edgar is so prolific and seems like such a work hound that anyone within reach of him will have a lot of catching-up to do. I doubt there are very many that can match him in work habits. All this without even mentioning his ever expanding bag of creative tricks. Most of us mere mortals have no concept of how hard it is to do what TD and EF have accomplished over their careers.

Just a passing notion.

-David Ryle
Two glasses Australian Shiraz, roaring fireplace, my Linda in arms and Rubycon on the player = BLISS
nightmare strand

Post by nightmare strand »

Edgar's schedules are punishing by any standards let alone creative ones. It is tribute to his superlatively fertile imagination that he still maintains such high standards even in his sixties. It wouldn't surprise me if Thorsten's outlook on the creative process was significantly different, they come from different backgrounds and there must be a considerable age gap between the two which may or may not have some bearing.

Thorsten himself has recently made excellent contributions to MFD, written most of the Metaphor EP, half of Springtime in Nagasaki, rerecorded several cuts for the TD plays TD and completed Sonnambaulistic Tunes all in a relatively short space of time. It could very well be that he is focusing on future TD releases. It is IMHO totally understandable if he finds Edgar's pace occasionally daunting and accepts he needs to take things at a more considered pace. We as fans are incredibly priviledged to have such a prolific production outlet as Edgar and have been spoiled over the years (this last 12 months in particular).

Thorsten has thankfully been very much part of the live scene so they must have some understanding between them, even if he has effectively become merely a session musican for the live arena. I suppose only if he fails to appear in future live performances will we as fans really have any idea what the situation is. I haven't seen Thorsten play live with TD though I've seen TD dozens of times over the years. I hope he keeps going for a while yet as I will have missed out on the opportunity to witness a great talent executing his craft.
24db

Post by 24db »

Excellent post mate!

Btw Thorsten also plays a few small gigs in Berlin that we normally don't get to hear about, helping out his friends etc, so I imagine that keeps him busy as well
hansx

Post by hansx »

And why should we think the worst things if anybody isn't on the cd's. Our ladies aren't there either and you can see them as full members of the group. Think we can consider this cd as a solo project of Edgar. That can give of course the question, why release it as TD and not as Edgar Froese. :roll:
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Some tracks on the booster are TQ's i don't think he's going anywhere at present i just think EF is happy when he's playing and composing.
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
hansx

Post by hansx »

alipaul wrote:Some tracks on the booster are TQ's i don't think he's going anywhere at present i just think EF is happy when he's playing and composing.
That is for sure concerning the very high range of recordings. :lol:
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

I'm not sure Edgar, like many other artists, is always happy when producing music but the guy is definitely driven - I suspect he needs to make music, needs to push himself more than others because he sees himself defined by his considerable achievements in music - as an artist it is his life's work, his reason and his purpose.

For me Edgar reminds me of the artist Turner, also a revolutionary in his day with his bold use of colour and spontaneous ethereal washes. Maybe Edgar should be considered a Turner of soundcolour?

I believe the comparisons are valid, very few artists are as prolific as either of them. both have redefined the nature of their fields. Turner was the inspiration for many impressionists whereas TD and Edgar defined a whole genre on their own, itself inspiring many sub movements from Techno to ambient and much else besides. Turner was recognised for his genius in his lifetime. hopefully Edgar too, will get the recognition his work deserves.
homeless

Post by homeless »

Quite remarkable isn't it, even in these ultra fast newsworthy data-streamed
days of instant 'celebrity' information that we don't really know what is happening to our
fave band until many moons have passed.

Hatches, matches and dispatches happen and we're none the wiser until
long long after the event.

Certainly, very very 'private'.

Quite remarkable.

homeless
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Where is he. :?:

:!: :arrow: