The Five Atomic Seasons Live

who'd like a dvd set of the Five Atomic Seasons live?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:57 pm

YES
86%
NO
14%

Total votes: 22

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Five Atomic Seasons Live

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Heres one to discuss or maybe Edgar to consider,
As TD are going to perform all 5 parts of the Five Atomic Seasons in Japan this year, how about a 5 disc dvd set, one of each part with whatever extras on each disc?
My other fave band Marillion did a simular set for their convention held at Butlins Minehead a few years back and it was a great.

Just look how great Ayumis Butterflys & Navel Of Light sounded on the ONIS DVD and imagine how great this set could be in full?

Any takers? ;-)
Last edited by NAVEL OF LIGHT on Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cantosis

Re: The Five Atomic Seasons Live

Post by cantosis »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote: Heres one to discuss or maybe Edgar to consider,
As TD are going to perform all 5 parts of the Five Atomic Seasons in China this year, how about a 5 disc dvd set, one of each part with whatever extras on each disc?
My other fave band Marillion did a simular set for their convention held at Butlins Minehead a few years back and it was a great.

Just look how great Ayumis Butterflys & Navel Of Light sounded on the ONIS DVD and imagine how great this set could be in full?

Any takers? ;-)

Isn`t Japan? :?
Last edited by cantosis on Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Marillion in Minehead Butlins??? My how the mighty have fallen :D.
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

As TD are going to perform all 5 parts of the Five Atomic Seasons in China this year, how about a 5 disc dvd set, one of each part with whatever extras on each disc?

Any takers? ;-)
Of course, I wish a dvd set if the show of Japan is taking place in 2008.
But to be honest,I am not sure of this, because we have no news about the five atomic seasons since some months ,and I am anxious about this.It's just a personnal impression .It's not an information.

Charles
Last edited by la sagesse du destin on Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

whoops...edited that to Japan as it should be. My geography is shocking. Im hungover too so sorry bout that!

As for Marillion at Butlins. They have had two very successful weekends there and 2007 convention at Centerparcs in Holland.

Imagine TD doing a weekender?
I feel another poll coming on!(oo-er:-)
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I voted "yes", but ... 5 DVD's? Let's not give them ideas, that'd be at least 100,-- Euros! :shock:
Each part of the seasons is (or will be) around 50 minutes, so it's possible to neatly pack two seasons onto one DVD's. So let it be 3 DVDs - the 3rd DVD containing the final season and a 50 minutes "Making of"... that'd be great. :-)
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Michael66 wrote:I voted "yes", but ... 5 DVD's? Let's not give them ideas, that'd be at least 100,-- Euros! :shock:
Each part of the seasons is (or will be) around 50 minutes, so it's possible to neatly pack two seasons onto one DVD's. So let it be 3 DVDs - the 3rd DVD containing the final season and a 50 minutes "Making of"... that'd be great. :-)
NOW WE'RE TALKING! Like this better than my idea. :-)
The marillion set came in a digipak style folding box which maybe kept the price down, im no expert in packaging. But they did it for £35. (50?)!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:whoops...edited that to Japan as it should be. My geography is shocking. Im hungover too so sorry bout that!

As for Marillion at Butlins. They have had two very successful weekends there and 2007 convention at Centerparcs in Holland.

Imagine TD doing a weekender?
I feel another poll coming on!(oo-er:-)
I voted yes but maybe they could squeeze it on to a couple of DVDs less...Talking about a TD weekender,i was gutted they never got round to doing the three shows on a weekend in London last year,mind you the Astoria was a great night 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

la sagesse du destin wrote:

Any takers? ;-)
Of course, I wish a dvd set if the show of Japan is taking place in 2008.
But to be honest,I am not sure of this, because we have no news about the five atomic seasons since some months ,and I am anxious about this.It's just a personnal impression .It's not an information.

Charles

I feel the same, I don`t have any inside infomation but as I have said before I don`t think Tangerine Dream is a name that is going to get many people excited in 2008 Japan. Of course I hope I am wrong but unless it is going to be a free concert which has a lot of advertising I cant see many Japanese people attending this type of concert.

Obviously TD fans from outside of Japan will probably make the effort to go but Japan is such a distance from where most TD fans are based that the travel and expense would be too much for many fans(me included probably). So it is going to be interesting to see how this progresses.

maybe EB can fill us in on the latest as to whether its likely to go ahead and which part of the year?
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
Michael66 wrote:I voted "yes", but ... 5 DVD's? Let's not give them ideas, that'd be at least 100,-- Euros! :shock:
The marillion set came in a digipak style folding box which maybe kept the price down, im no expert in packaging. But they did it for £35. (50?)!
how about a TD version of Sparks '21 albums on 21 nights' that they're doing at the SBE this year? could we afford 21 gigs? :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
how about a TD version of Sparks '21 albums on 21 nights' that they're doing at the SBE this year? could we afford 21 gigs? :D
You Network Rail worker's are loaded...........no problem for you geezer's :mrgreen:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
Ricochet ! :)
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote: NOW WE'RE TALKING! Like this better than my idea. :-)
Ricochet ! :)
nah...it's been done before
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

As TD are going to perform all 5 parts of the Five Atomic Seasons in Japan this year, how about a 5 disc dvd set, one of each part with whatever extras on each disc?

Any takers? ;-)
A fellow Marillion fan, there are a few of us about!
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

A definate No from me. We can't seriously want every TD show on DVD. 2 years ago there were no decent TD dvd's now there are plenty. If they did film and bring out the set on DVD I would buy it but I don't think they will do the set anyway.