One Times One

Michael66
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Michael66 »

har wrote:Away to listen again in view of this new info :D
If you find something out, let us know! :)
har

Post by har »

okay, listened to 1x1 twice yesterday and I can confirm there is definitely something deep and meaningful going on here... I intend having another assessment in approximately 18.2 minutes and am looking forward to it immensely :D

PS Michael66 cheers for posting your research there, amazing stuff 8)
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Thanks har! :)

Any ideas about OTO's cover artwork? The cog wheel looks oddly familiar to me, but I can't remember where I've seen it before. And what's that longish red something in the bottom half of the cover? I already tried global warming curves in Google Images, but they look different, and there are no curves going back to Echnaton's age.

That yellow something in the upper left corner (within the cog wheel) is out of place. Also, the sun on OTO's cover is almost in the same place as the red spot on the Booster cover.

Time for my medicine now... :lol:

(So much fun for only 10 € !)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

There was a cog wheel on the original cover of Rockoon.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Remember the MFD track "Solution to all problems" ?
Here's another poem by the same author:

Days by Ralph Waldo Emerson

Daughters of Time, the hypocritic Days,
Muffled and dumb like barefoot dervishes,
And marching single in an endless file,
Bring diadems and fagots in their hands.
To each they offer gifts after his will,
Bread, kingdoms, stars, and sky that holds them all.
I, in my pleached garden, watched the pomp,
Forgot my morning wishes, hastily
Took a few herbs and apples, and the Day
Turned and departed silent. I, too late,
Under her solemn fillet saw the scorn."

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art8636.asp

:)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

har wrote: PS Michael66 cheers for posting your research there, amazing stuff 8)
Agreed - fascinating insight, and nice of EB to confirm you're on the right track.
I love reading other peoples' interpretations of TD music. Adele on the Tadream list often gives fascinating insights too.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

billythefish wrote:Agreed - fascinating insight, and nice of EB to confirm you're on the right track.
To be honest it all started when Edgar confirmed in an interview circulating among TD collectors in the 80s that with "White Eagle" they indeed meant the spirit guide White Eagle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Eagle_Lodge
Here comes the embarrassing part: In our local esoteric bookshop I got some 2nd hand White Eagle books. Imagine my surprise when one of those books contained poems signed with:

"T.D."

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Now young Michael's wonderment knew no bounds anymore and I remember I wrote my first ever letter in English, right to the headquarters of the White Eagle Lodge in England, asking of course about "T.D." and if they've ever heard about a German-based synthesizer band named Tangerine Dream.
Some weeks later I got a letter back. The man writing me back informed me in a very courteous, very English tone that "T.D." stands for Teddy Dent and that Mr. Dent was his recently deceased grandfather. A music group named "Tangerine Dream" was unknown to him.

Er well, ok ... I thought. :oops: :oops: :oops:

But I swear I've also read something about metamorphing through rocks in those books...
har

Post by har »

Imagine my surprise when one of those books contained poems signed with:

"T.D."

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:shock: no wonder yir eyes were popping out yir head Michael! good story I like it :D

Just listened to 1 x 1 there. Love it..
Sadness of Echnaton and Daughters of Time= STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING etc
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

One Times One has the seasonal time of its release encoded in its cover artwork. So it's a true "Christmas" release ... :)
(Saying anything more would spoil it for others...)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Michael66 wrote:One Times One has the seasonal time of its release encoded in its cover artwork. So it's a true "Christmas" release ... :)
(Saying anything more would spoil it for others...)
Tell us more Micheal :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

epsilon75 wrote:Tell us more Micheal :arrow:
Hey Colin you're from the land of the Druids, you can do it... :wink:
hansx

Post by hansx »

it is still playing in my carstereo. Apart from Loved by the sun, which is a bit unnecessary in my opinion, the rest of the cd is very good. I like it more and more. Only I have the feeling that some things I have heard before in older songs. Am I the only one?
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

hansx wrote:it is still playing in my carstereo. Apart from Loved by the sun, which is a bit unnecessary in my opinion, the rest of the cd is very good. I like it more and more. Only I have the feeling that some things I have heard before in older songs. Am I the only one?
No you're not the only one - I agree that there's a definite classic TD sound here... It's track 5: Gleeful Poets Crying Softly that I can't stop playing. There's so much there - I hear a bit of Exit, a bit of Logos, but in particular I keep thinking about JS's Wuivend Reit whilst listening...
hansx

Post by hansx »

billythefish wrote:
hansx wrote:it is still playing in my carstereo. Apart from Loved by the sun, which is a bit unnecessary in my opinion, the rest of the cd is very good. I like it more and more. Only I have the feeling that some things I have heard before in older songs. Am I the only one?
No you're not the only one - I agree that there's a definite classic TD sound here... It's track 5: Gleeful Poets Crying Softly that I can't stop playing. There's so much there - I hear a bit of Exit, a bit of Logos, but in particular I keep thinking about JS's Wuivend Reit whilst listening...
In track 2 and 3, if i am correct, there is also some familiar. Don't know exactly the songs, but something from Underwater Sunlight.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

hansx wrote:
billythefish wrote:
In track 2 and 3, if i am correct, there is also some familiar. Don't know exactly the songs, but something from Underwater Sunlight.
Track three definitely - it's based on extracts from the '86 tour IIRC. I think CF also played a live version of this in his London Concert.