LE PARC

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Electronics & Music Maker's view on the album:

First off in this month's record reviews is the latest opus from electro pioneers Tangerine Dream. It's called Le Parc (Jive Electro), and the inspiration behind it appears to be a sort of 'Around the World in 80 Days' journey via some of the globe's most famous parks. The journey isn't a real one, so don't build your hopes up for a live album recorded in venues many and various. First stop is the 'Bois de Boulogne', which gets the album off to a promising start Most memorable are the track's enviably distinctive sounds, and in this respect at least the promise is fulfilled. There's a liberal spread of new and inspirational arrangement throughout the album. The best examples of this are percussive, and the best of these is 'Gaudi Park' which is rich in African style drums. Odd, really, when you consider that the area of green space that inspired this particular venture is in Barcelona. At the other extreme is the first side's final track Zen Garden'. Gentle, wistful and emotional, it's the best Le Parc has to offer. As for the remainder, the music is disappointingly constructed by comparison, though quite listenable nonetheless. So for the umpteenth time, the Tangs have come up with a collection almost bound to find favour with their established audience. Uncommitted listeners will probably continue to steer clear.
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:Electronics & Music Maker's view on the album:

First off in this month's record reviews is the latest opus from electro pioneers Tangerine Dream. It's called Le Parc (Jive Electro), and the inspiration behind it appears to be a sort of 'Around the World in 80 Days' journey via some of the globe's most famous parks. The journey isn't a real one, so don't build your hopes up for a live album recorded in venues many and various. First stop is the 'Bois de Boulogne', which gets the album off to a promising start Most memorable are the track's enviably distinctive sounds, and in this respect at least the promise is fulfilled. There's a liberal spread of new and inspirational arrangement throughout the album. The best examples of this are percussive, and the best of these is 'Gaudi Park' which is rich in African style drums. Odd, really, when you consider that the area of green space that inspired this particular venture is in Barcelona. At the other extreme is the first side's final track Zen Garden'. Gentle, wistful and emotional, it's the best Le Parc has to offer. As for the remainder, the music is disappointingly constructed by comparison, though quite listenable nonetheless. So for the umpteenth time, the Tangs have come up with a collection almost bound to find favour with their established audience. Uncommitted listeners will probably continue to steer clear.
I always liked Le Parc. For me it is finally a cd with songs. Some catchy ones, some beautifull.
Why it is called Le Parc and not for instance The Lakes, don't know. That is the problem with instrumentals, I cannot see the parcs in it. Streethawk is still a great song, one of my favourit live songs. I play the album from time to time.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

bloody journos no effing idea as usual
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

I like Le Parc. That album often get forgotten in various discussions of TD. It has a lot of solid, tight arrangements, interesting rhythms, and a variety of sound voicings. I never cared for Tiergarten though, but I'm sure many people find it enjoyable. At the time, it was a little different from what came before, but the pieces do seem inspired.
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Hated it. Probably the first time I disliked more than 50% of a TD album (ignoring soundtracks). Too cosy and nice. I like danger in their music.
timer

Post by timer »

This is definately not a usual 'Outstanding' album by TD for me - and I think a lot of people were put off by the lengths of the tracks ! , but there is some great music on it - especially 'Yellowstone Park' as slice of classic TD IMHO. :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Some great music on this album,Bois De Boulogne always been a big favorite as has Tiergarten,i think an all round consistent release.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I have a great soft spot for this album. It was the first fresh new release I purchased since my discovery of the band.
I can see where others are coming from regarding the 'safeness' and the more commercial feel of the album, but I love it nonetheless and it has never faded as so many main-stream commercial releases have. It just goes to show that even in this guise, TD have the ability to compose something with that extra substance that keeps it fresh 20+ years on. IMHO!
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

billythefish wrote:I have a great soft spot for this album. It was the first fresh new release I purchased since my discovery of the band.
I can see where others are coming from regarding the 'safeness' and the more commercial feel of the album, but I love it nonetheless and it has never faded as so many main-stream commercial releases have. It just goes to show that even in this guise, TD have the ability to compose something with that extra substance that keeps it fresh 20+ years on. IMHO!
Well put together Stephen,sums it up perfectly 8)
24db

Post by 24db »

there was nothing safe about the tracks 'live' far too bloody loud for a start! ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:there was nothing safe about the tracks 'live' far too bloody loud for a start! ;)
LOUD :shock: is that old age starting to kick in :wink: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:there was nothing safe about the tracks 'live' far too bloody loud for a start! ;)
LOUD :shock: is that old age starting to kick in :wink: :wink:
in 1986? don't think so, btw I should have said..."Too bloody loud...just how I like it" ;)
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

It was sound it okay. :wink:
I own the CD-Album was for almost 5 Years. :shock:

:!: :arrow: