Interesting Titles?

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Interesting Titles?

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

remember the days of:
3am at the Border of the Marsh of Okefeneeke (sorry, cd not to hand)

Mysterious Semblance at the Strand of Nightmares

A Dali-esque Sleep Fuse

Well another thing with TDs recent output is the return of some amazing titles.

Sleeping Watches Snoring In Silence

Persistance of Memory (dali inspired title)

I could hear it when the moon collapsed on broadway

Sadness of Echnaton Losing the World Child

Big Sur & The Oranges from Hieronymos Bosch (obviously inspired by Edgars love of Power tools :-) )?

Dont you just love these titles?
As a kid, i used to read the titles and when listening to the tracks, my mind was off to another planet, another universe. And now for the first time in years, its happening again!

(or maybe my medication is too strong, what you all think?)

:-)
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Yes lots of magical things going on! :)

But in the case of "Okefenokee" it could be a reference to the Perry Rhodan Science Fiction novel series (very popular in Germany). As far as I remember the Okefenokee were an alien race from a different galaxy there, and Chris Franke has outed himself as a Perry Rhodan fan by composing the music for "Perry Rhodan - Pax Terra" .

Now if just someone could explain the symbolism of the Hyperborea cover to me. Edgar, have mercy.... Hyperborea is 25 years old this year and I still don't get the connection between the ice landscape and the bar code!
24db

Post by 24db »

Michael66 wrote:Yes lots of magical things going on! :)

But in the case of "Okefenokee" it could be a reference to the Perry Rhodan Science Fiction novel series (very popular in Germany). As far as I remember the Okefenokee were an alien race from a different galaxy there, and Chris Franke has outed himself as a Perry Rhodan fan by composing the music for "Perry Rhodan - Pax Terra" .

Now if just someone could explain the symbolism of the Hyperborea cover to me. Edgar, have mercy.... Hyperborea is 25 years old this year and I still don't get the connection between the ice landscape and the bar code!
talking of which I was looking through one of TD's boxsets earlier and there's a photo of CF, EF and JS with numbers or a barcode on it...more mysteries
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

[stove="24db"]

talking of which I was looking through one of TD's boxsets earlier and there's a photo of CF, EF and JS with numbers or a barcode on it...more mysteries[/quote]

Which boxset was this in?
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:[stove="24db"]

talking of which I was looking through one of TD's boxsets earlier and there's a photo of CF, EF and JS with numbers or a barcode on it...more mysteries
Which boxset was this in?[/quote]

hang on...I'll check
24db

Post by 24db »

it was in the I-box booket (photo 117, it has two rows of binary code...top and bottom of the photo)
24db

Post by 24db »

there's also a weird mathematical equation on another page

and an even stranger qq+9 on the photos of the Poland concert

mind you Edgar used to be a Font designer, so perhaps he just likes the look of the type face and numbers?
timer

Post by timer »

Should rename this thread ' The TD Twilight Zone' :lol:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Any chance for a scan, Andy?

And here's another math equation:

+ - = 0

It's on the label of the Transsiberia CD.
24db

Post by 24db »

Michael66 wrote:Any chance for a scan, Andy?

And here's another math equation:

+ - = 0

It's on the label of the Transsiberia CD.
Later in the week mate, okay?
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

24db wrote:Later in the week mate, okay?
Thanks! Looking forward to it. :-)
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

going back to the Hyperboria cover(what a great album by the way),
I always thought the covers icebergs and the 2001 numbers under the barcode had some sort of 'Global Warming' message. The title Hyperboria refers to a 'freezing wind from the north'....

Yet we had the scorching Sphinx Lightning on that album too....

was 1983 too early for global warming messages, i do know the germans are very eco-friendly.
24db

Post by 24db »

Michael66 wrote:
24db wrote:Later in the week mate, okay?
Thanks! Looking forward to it. :-)
one thing....argh the mistakes with the dates and venues of several of the photos in the Dream Roots Collection booklet...they need a good photo researcher
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:was 1983 too early for global warming messages, i do know the germans are very eco-friendly.
I can't remember exactly when the global warming topic came up first in Germany. But the 80s were the time when the "Atomkraft? Nein danke!" ("Nuclear energy? No thanks!") movement was flourishing here...
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Did you know this? On the original release of Goblin's Club...

1. T owards The Evening Star
2. A t Darwin's Motel
3. O n Cranes' Passage

4. R ising Haul In Silence
5. U nited Goblins' Parade
6. L amb With Radar Eyes
7. E lf June And The Midnight Patrol
8. S ad Merlin's Sunday

:mrgreen: