The Five Atomic Seasons Live

who'd like a dvd set of the Five Atomic Seasons live?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:57 pm

YES
86%
NO
14%

Total votes: 22

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: The Five Atomic Seasons Live

Post by hansx »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote: Heres one to discuss or maybe Edgar to consider,
As TD are going to perform all 5 parts of the Five Atomic Seasons in Japan this year, how about a 5 disc dvd set, one of each part with whatever extras on each disc?
My other fave band Marillion did a simular set for their convention held at Butlins Minehead a few years back and it was a great.

Just look how great Ayumis Butterflys & Navel Of Light sounded on the ONIS DVD and imagine how great this set could be in full?

Any takers? ;-)
But who says that TD wil perform all the cd's. I didn't read that. They will play in Japan and perform music from the cd's. But how do you fit 5 complete cd's in a show. That will take about 4 hours. Don't believe that will happen. I think they wil play highlights of the cd's for about 2,5 hour and of course a dvd from that is very likely.
I will buy all dvd's from TD, whatever show it is. :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

er haven't we forgotten one slight thing? TD haven't even finished part three yet ;)
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:er haven't we forgotten one slight thing? TD haven't even finished part three yet ;)
No, I didn't forget that. 3 to go, Guess the concerts in Japan will be in 2009. :lol:
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

hansx wrote:
As TD are going to perform all 5 parts of the Five Atomic Seasons in Japan this year, how about a 5 disc dvd set, one of each part with whatever extras on each disc?
My other fave band Marillion did a simular set for their convention held at Butlins Minehead a few years back and it was a great.

Just look how great Ayumis Butterflys & Navel Of Light sounded on the ONIS DVD and imagine how great this set could be in full?

Any takers? ;-)
But who says that TD wil perform all the cd's. I didn't read that. They will play in Japan and perform music from the cd's. But how do you fit 5 complete cd's in a show. That will take about 4 hours. Don't believe that will happen. I think they wil play highlights of the cd's for about 2,5 hour and of course a dvd from that is very likely.
Im sure i read on this very site that TD would be performing 'The Five Atomic Seasons' in Japan in '08.
Im only guessing but i presume it will be over 5 nights?
What a great document dvds of this would make. Im sure TD have only toured Japan once in 83?
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote: NOW WE'RE TALKING! Like this better than my idea. :-)
The marillion set came in a digipak style folding box which maybe kept the price down, im no expert in packaging. But they did it for £35. (50?)!
how about a TD version of Sparks '21 albums on 21 nights' that they're doing at the SBE this year? could we afford 21 gigs? :D
You Network Rail worker's are loaded...........no problem for you geezer's :mrgreen:
Especially those working over christmas & new year :wink:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
timer

Post by timer »

Think id like to see the rest of the CD set before contemplating whether a DVD release of this magnitude would be viable. :)
hansx

Post by hansx »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
hansx wrote:

Any takers? ;-)
Im sure i read on this very site that TD would be performing 'The Five Atomic Seasons' in Japan in '08.
What a great document dvds of this would make. Im sure TD have only toured Japan once in 83?
TD 5 nights in Japan. Do you know when they ever played 2 nights after each other? :lol:
ant

Post by ant »

:D They definitely said they were performing the complete 5 seasons. I would imagine it would be over two nights with probably parts one and two on night one and parts three, four and five on the second night. But as has been said, they haven't even reached the third one yet. Last time I heard they said that all five parts were going to be released by Jan 08 so something has gone wrong somewhere and if it is delayed much longer the old boy who asked for TD to do them will be pushing up the daisies!! Also, could be delayed because of Mr TQ not being around, juging by recent cd releases. Guess all we can do is watch this space. Any comments EB? :?
Biggus Dickus
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D You also have to take into account the fact that this is a privately commissioned project and TD will have to bow to their clients wishes. There may not be any more CD releases, or a DVD. Also, what influence will the client exert re general sale of tickets for the "concert", in Japan. :?: :roll: :roll: :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

hansx wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
hansx wrote: But who says that TD wil perform all the cd's. I didn't read that. They will play in Japan and perform music from the cd's. But how do you fit 5 complete cd's in a show. That will take about 4 hours. Don't believe that will happen. I think they wil play highlights of the cd's for about 2,5 hour and of course a dvd from that is very likely.
TD 5 nights in Japan. Do you know when they ever played 2 nights after each other? :lol:
I think it must have been the Paradiso concerts in Potsdam 18th 19th Jan 2006 :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Justin

Post by Justin »

Hammersmith 1990 - 26th and 27th October springs to mind. Part of a tour i know but still at the same venue on consecutive nights
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:
hansx wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote: Im sure i read on this very site that TD would be performing 'The Five Atomic Seasons' in Japan in '08.
I think it must have been the Paradiso concerts in Potsdam 18th 19th Jan 2006 :arrow:
But you have to dig very hard if you want to find a tour of more than 2 concerts in the past years. As far as I remember not in this millennium in any case. :lol: