Interesting Titles?

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

tdfan wrote:Did you know this? On the original release of Goblin's Club...

1. T owards The Evening Star
2. A t Darwin's Motel
3. O n Cranes' Passage

4. R ising Haul In Silence
5. U nited Goblins' Parade
6. L amb With Radar Eyes
7. E lf June And The Midnight Patrol
8. S ad Merlin's Sunday

:mrgreen:
yep

:)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Michael66 wrote:
24db wrote:Later in the week mate, okay?
Thanks! Looking forward to it. :-)
one thing....argh the mistakes with the dates and venues of several of the photos in the Dream Roots Collection booklet...they need a good photo researcher
There are a few in the i-box as well mate :oops: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

2. A t Darwin's Motel
3. O n Cranes' Passage

6. L amb With Radar Eyes
8. S ad Merlin's Sunday

Bloody Genius! How long did you study the cover to discover this?
Its way beyond coincidence!
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote: Bloody Genius! How long did you study the cover to discover this?
I can't take credit for this, read it in a forum some years ago.

But still it's interesting. I wonder if there are more hidden messages on the records...

You know the backwards talk on Electronic Meditation. It is just someone reading from the back of a ferry ticket. Maybe not so exciting.

And the song names on The Seven Letters From Tibet, found this in a review...

"The Seven Letters From Tibet contains seven songs, which are named after the seven colours of the rainbow (Although yellow and violet are referred to as Gold and purple). The other half of the song names refers to the Septenary idea that human nature consists of seven principles; the physical body - blood, the phantom body - breath, the life principle - heart, the desire form - land, the ordinary mind which attaches itself to desire - pearl, the spiritual soul - clouds and the one with absolute - all curtains."

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=6450

But of course, this is only the reviewer's interpretation. Edgar's coming book on Tangerine Dream will hopefully shed some more light on things like this.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

This is so interesting.
Ive always found meanings to TDs music but mainly from my own very vivid imagination.

i listened to Force Majeure backwards once & ever since ive been addicted to Curry Flavoured Noodles ever since! :lol:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

tdfan wrote:But still it's interesting. I wonder if there are more hidden messages on the records...
Well if I'm not hallucinating things, the cover of One Times One gives the same hidden message both from a traditional symbolical and also from a scientific point of view... ;) :)
(And it's only as spiritual a message as you want it to be, that's one thing I like about TD.)

What I'd like to know is what "Metaphor" is about ... I mean a title like that almost shouts "hidden message" !

On "Sleeping Watches Snoring In Silence" there's a surprise appearance of bee sounds (4:17 - 4:26). As far as I remember Edgar somewhere said that we (people in general) are the "Sleeping Watches", and 2006/2007 were the years when the media reported about the mass disappearance/death of bees all around the world. Makes one wonder ...
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Michael66 wrote:
tdfan wrote:But still it's interesting. I wonder if there are more hidden messages on the records...
Well if I'm not hallucinating things, the cover of One Times One gives the same hidden message both from a traditional symbolical and also from a scientific point of view... ;) :)
(And it's only as spiritual a message as you want it to be, that's one thing I like about TD.)

What I'd like to know is what "Metaphor" is about ... I mean a title like that almost shouts "hidden message" !

On "Sleeping Watches Snoring In Silence" there's a surprise appearance of bee sounds (4:17 - 4:26). As far as I remember Edgar somewhere said that we (people in general) are the "Sleeping Watches", and 2006/2007 were the years when the media reported about the mass disappearance/death of bees all around the world. Makes one wonder ...
I think Edgar is trying to get us to exercise our brains :mrgreen: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

I'll be curious to have an explanation about the tittle :"ça va ,ça marche ,
ça ira encore".
Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Michael66 wrote:

as long as he doesn't get into scientology whatever the meanings behind the tracks i'm happy
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

alipaul wrote:as long as he doesn't get into scientology whatever the meanings behind the tracks i'm happy
nooo his latest one is more like party music for a chilly day at Stonehenge ... ;)

tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Now I remember another little "secret".

La Folia is a very old tune that has been re-used by many composers including TD.

http://www.folias.nl/html1.html
See Alphabetical Order -> Composers -> T
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

tdfan wrote:La Folia is a very old tune that has been re-used by many composers including TD.

http://www.folias.nl/html1.html
See Alphabetical Order -> Composers -> T
wow they even have a MIDI of it there ... should go onto the next TD tribute CD! :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:

2. A t Darwin's Motel
3. O n Cranes' Passage

6. L amb With Radar Eyes
8. S ad Merlin's Sunday

yep

:)
If you decipher the cover of the TDI version of Rockoon there is a similar message.
har

Post by har »

agree NOL , also love all the album names, so original!

The names of many of the tracks are evocative and make one think........

I love.....

Mysterious Semblance at the Stand of Nightmares

Rising Runner Missed by Endless Sender :D

and
especially for some reason

Thru Metamorphic Rocks

Excellent stuff.
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

If you decipher the cover of the TDI version of Rockoon there is a similar message.
Really? Cool... What does it say? (I've got an older release of Rockoon).

Then there was also a message in the symbols on the MFD cover. Something related to Syd Barrett? Anyone know that one too?