Interesting Titles?

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

it says crazy diamond
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

24db wrote:it says crazy diamond
Great but how do you translate it?

Is it in binary code or something? :?
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
24db wrote:it says crazy diamond
Great but how do you translate it?

Is it in binary code or something? :?
no, it's marlett type face (i think)...have a look on MS word :)
Helikon

Post by Helikon »

Convention of the 24.
Has this title been discussed? Any ideas?

Also, there are many many references to geographical places around the globe in the TD catalogue.
There is poetry in science
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Helikon wrote:Convention of the 24.
Has this title been discussed? Any ideas?

Also, there are many many references to geographical places around the globe in the TD catalogue.
"Convention of the 24" is one of my favourite TD tracks, and I'd love to know what the title means! So far I've only got one clue, but I think it can be disregarded: Many years ago I heard on german radio someone speaking about a "convention of 24 African countries" ("Zusammenkunft von 24 afrikanischen Staaten"). Just a coincidence probably. Maybe the "24" are hours and a "convention of the 24" means one day?

Something different: There's a track named "Phoenix Burning" on Mota Atma. This is what a Phoenix burning is about:
Phoenix Bird
Phoenix (mythology)

For a while I had a feeling that Mota Atma is about the story of a soul from incarnating into a human body ("The Courage To Lose" - very funny, Edgar ...) to old age ("Snow On Angels Feather", "A Fair Days Wage"), death (the "Brain Offender") and afterlife ("A Day in Liberty Valley").

But now with resurrection (see the links about the Phoenix myth) right in the middle of the album, I'm not so sure anymore...
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Helikon wrote:Also, there are many many references to geographical places around the globe in the TD catalogue.
From the globe on the Goblins Club cover:

:?: :shock: :?:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Michael66 wrote:
Helikon wrote:Also, there are many many references to geographical places around the globe in the TD catalogue.
From the globe on the Goblins Club cover:

:?: :shock: :?:
Micheal

This is all very fascinating,you will be able to write a book on this after all the work you are putting in 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

epsilon75 wrote:This is all very fascinating,you will be able to write a book on this after all the work you are putting in 8)
Lol ... I already have a title: "All the things I don't know for sure about TD". :P
But it's fun - to me it's way more fascinating than TD's equipment list ...
timer

Post by timer »

Michael66 wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:This is all very fascinating,you will be able to write a book on this after all the work you are putting in 8)
Lol ... I already have a title: "All the things I don't know for sure about TD". :P
But it's fun - to me it's way more fascinating than TD's equipment list ...

You have certainly opened up another TD viewpoint. :)
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D Regarding TD, buy yourself a book on the theory of modular synthesis (Roland used to do a 3 volume set), and take it from there. It'll take your mind off any hidden agendas you think TD might have, or not. IMHO 8) 8) :wink: :arrow:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

prophetfive wrote::D :D Regarding TD, buy yourself a book on the theory of modular synthesis (Roland used to do a 3 volume set), and take it from there. It'll take your mind off any hidden agendas you think TD might have, or not. IMHO 8) 8) :wink: :arrow:
Well I don't think it's about hidden agendas, it's about the sources of TD's inspiration. The music has to come from somewhere and this is the interesting part (to me). What happens if musicians try getting inspired by ADSR curves, VCO's, VCF's and voltage levels per octave can be seen elsewhere in the electronic music scene ... ;-)
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D :D Well said Michael 8) 8) 8) :wink: :arrow:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

tdfan wrote:
If you decipher the cover of the TDI version of Rockoon there is a similar message.
Really? Cool... What does it say? (I've got an older release of Rockoon).
It says;

Tangerine Dream.

Tao Rules.

To have great music there must be great audiences.

It's the absurd which is absurd, it's the absurd.

Golem.

Rockoon.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Just stumbled upon the meaning of "Culpa Levis" (Dream Mixes II): It's a latin phrase meaning "ordinary negligence" (link). The term sounds pretty boring doesn't it...
More interesting is the "sky globe" on the front cover and CD label of DM II: There's a black brooch (or ring) with a snake sign on the globe, pointing at 27 degrees in the star sign of Sagittarius: The brooch "sits" on the symbol for Sagittarius, which is engraved like all the other star signs into that golden band running inside the globe. Here's the exciting part: The center of our galaxy is currently at 27 degrees in Sagittarius! And besides this, in old myths, the Milky Way gets describes as a "serpent of light", the "Ouroboros" snake ...
What it all means, I have no idea. But check it out yourself, the symbolism is there in the DM II artwork. It certainly didn't came from nowhere or by coincidence. Some links: Milky Way, Galactic Center, Ouroboros, Stars and constellations, Mythology of the Sun Sign Constellations.
There's also a planet Mars theme on DM II which gets repeated on DM III, Mars Polaris and probably in other releases as well.

Here's a fun one: The nickname of the city of Phoenix is... "Valley of the Sun" :D

And finally: Here's a picture of water on Mars!: Link :P
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

exit: choronzon

this has deep meaning and deeply deep power
...The wise.....are silent.....