Astoria Club Concert
4%
Orange Odyssey
36%
Orange Odyssey
36%

Total votes: 45

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TDs Best Live Dvd.

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

With all the live dvds we have had over the part 12+ months, which is your favorite so far?
Personally, mines the Alte Oper but you decide!

Ps. I missed out Coventry Cathedral on purpose but if thats your fave, feel free to mention it and we'll tally up the count later! :-)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

a tough one N-O-T, if one watches all of them in one go, it becomes a real heavy go, enjoyable but a bit tedious......anyway, I cant decide which one DVD gets my vote, so here's BM's ratings*

*on a tangfroese scale, where 10 is the possible live video of RAH 75, which exists in a BBC vault and 0 is TDLive in America 1992

Tempodrome: 7
35th PAC, 8 [ it brought back the memories of a pretty exciting night]
Astoria CC, 7.5 [ another memory jogger of an enjoyble evening]
Alter Oper, 8 [great venue, great gig, wonderful weekend]
Orange Odyssey, 7

Its a real treat now to get a DVD issued a few months after a gig, so many thanks to Eastgate and TD for working so hard to release them
...The wise.....are silent.....
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

I am totally agree with bigmoog.
A dvd is a very good keepsake when we were going to the show and a very good comfort when we didn't were going to the show.
also all the dvd's are good for me.

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
ant

Post by ant »

:D From a concert point of view (not necessarily picture and sound wise) my vote went without any doubt to the 2005 SBE Phaedra gig - truly awesome!! :D
Biggus Dickus
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I voted for Astoria Club Concert for there were previously unperfomed live classic TD tracks on it such as SPHINX LIGHTNING, for the tracks with Edgar on guitar, and for the Madcap's Flaming Duty songs which I LOVED.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X2-zhqQNMQ
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Looking at the poll result so far it looks as if TD's DVD's got better with their experience of producing them...
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

I'm not voting since I only have two of the DVDs; Tempodrome and Orange Odyssey. Both are superb but I like Orange Odyssey the best.

Tempodrome
+ long performance
+ nice computer graphics concept (a truck with license plate TD 1967 is driving during the various songs, on a desert highway, underwater, among the clouds and even on the rings of saturn!)
+ bonus clip
- iris live drumming is sometimes inaudible or very low volume
Rating: 9/10

Orange Odyssey
+ excellent performance
+ laser show
+ much LIVE feeling (cool guitars!)
- picture quality is ok but not great, too few camera men
Rating: 10/10 (buy it!)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Orange Odysey for me as the track selection is good and it really feels like a live show. Theyre all good though and I notice Inferno is not on the list which is a shame because although not my fave a lot of good work went into that one.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

mmm...interesting comments so far. Keep em coming!

Like i said i voted for the Alte Oper dvd and i suppose i should of said, as the dvds have gone on, theyve got better.
I really enjoy the Tempodrome gig but think the graphics are a tad too repetitive. Got bored of the truck after a while.
Im suprised the Astoria gig is doing well. I thought the fact that it was a TD gig with vocals might stear the votes away.

The Phaedra gig at SBE is great & only slightly let down by the sound quality but still played regularly.

Must view the Odyssey gig more to form an opinion. . . .

Keep voting!
:-)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote: Im suprised the Astoria gig is doing well. I thought the fact that it was a TD gig with vocals might stear the votes away.
Well, just one vote so far.... TD fans seemed to love it or hate it, as you can see at rate your music.com http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ ... ty/ratings
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Can't make up my mind. Been watching them all over the last few months and in equal measure. Also been watching the Inferno DVD which is very good.

....not seen Live in America 1992 in a while.
timer

Post by timer »

This is a difficult one, as they all have certain elements that make them good viewing.

The Astoria Club is great for the reasons previously stated - unheard material untill the 'event'.
SBE 2005 has a fantastic first half - but as been said is let down by the shoddy sound.
Tempodrome is a good all rounder, and one I'd probably lend to a person interested to see what TD are about.
Orange Odyssey, is fantastic with the lasers, but is let down by the repeated set list, apart from Stratosfear of course!.
One night in Space - I can't fault this - so guess which one I picked ! 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Still cant make up my mind as they all have their quality's,ONIS & Tempodrom hold special memories for me but the SBE was an awesome show. Its hard to pick an all out favorite,its just great that TD released all these to enjoy in the comfort of our homes,keep them coming i say 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Well I Vote for Tempodrome Live it the Best.
This is the last moment too see EF TQ JF for the Last line-up too play together as a Group.
Jerome Froese his last Performed on Tangerine Dream Group.

:!: :arrow:
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Definitely Tempodrome or SBE2005 for me. It's a shame TD can't afford to film a show in full hi-def (in HD Cam) as it'd look so much better. The lights, lasers, contrast...they would all look great. As it is, their DVDs have all been very enjoyable, but the above 2 get my vote for the sense of occasion on the night and for their sheer running time.