One Times One

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

billythefish wrote:
hansx wrote:
billythefish wrote: No you're not the only one - I agree that there's a definite classic TD sound here... It's track 5: Gleeful Poets Crying Softly that I can't stop playing. There's so much there - I hear a bit of Exit, a bit of Logos, but in particular I keep thinking about JS's Wuivend Reit whilst listening...
In track 2 and 3, if i am correct, there is also some familiar. Don't know exactly the songs, but something from Underwater Sunlight.
Track three definitely - it's based on extracts from the '86 tour IIRC. I think CF also played a live version of this in his London Concert.
Track 3 is worked around "Cool Breeze of Brighton" and its damn fantastic 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Hi all just a quick post about OTO Love the first track a real Edgar masterpiece....like track 2 but to have it again after MCFD.Track 3 love edgars use of this old eighties feel he brings back those glory days.Not my favourite version of loved by the sun by any means think less guitar would be my choice.Track % I'm 50/50 on this one like the sequences fully but not the vocal side of this track that could left out. track 6 its a grower it has taken me longer to rate this one but yes its getting there.

Geoff :D :) :? 8) :!: :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Taximan431 wrote:Hi all just a quick post about OTO Love the first track a real Edgar masterpiece....like track 2 but to have it again after MCFD.Track 3 love edgars use of this old eighties feel he brings back those glory days.Not my favourite version of loved by the sun by any means think less guitar would be my choice.Track % I'm 50/50 on this one like the sequences fully but not the vocal side of this track that could left out. track 6 its a grower it has taken me longer to rate this one but yes its getting there.

Geoff :D :) :? 8) :!: :arrow:
I think Echnaton has already become a huge favorite with the fans,and im not at all surprised,another cracker from EF 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I think that 'Man' is one of the best tracks that I've heard for ages.

Lovely.

:D
Helikon

Post by Helikon »

Echnaton has a wonderful "Coldwater Canyon" type guitar sound. A kind of vocodered aura...if y´know what I mean?

Daughters of Time makes me think of Hyperborea.
There is something about the sampled voices/choir and the desolate (?) DX7-type piano chords that brings me back to the 80ies.

One Times One - Classic and never heard of at the same time.
There is poetry in science
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:
billythefish wrote:
hansx wrote: In track 2 and 3, if i am correct, there is also some familiar. Don't know exactly the songs, but something from Underwater Sunlight.
Track three definitely - it's based on extracts from the '86 tour IIRC. I think CF also played a live version of this in his London Concert.
Track 3 is worked around "Cool Breeze of Brighton" and its damn fantastic 8) :D
I knew it, I always am very bad with remembering titles from instrumental music. :lol: Nevertheless I like this one.
exit81

Post by exit81 »

While I like all the tracks on 1x1, the CD seems to have a 'thrown together' aspect to the track listing. There's no apparent unity or consistency to the tracks...different styles, different origins, etc. Does anyone else think it's a collection of a few bits and pieces EF had lying around his desktop? Good stuff though.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

exit81 wrote:While I like all the tracks on 1x1, the CD seems to have a 'thrown together' aspect to the track listing. There's no apparent unity or consistency to the tracks...different styles, different origins, etc. Does anyone else think it's a collection of a few bits and pieces EF had lying around his desktop? Good stuff though.
Maybe that could be its origin but I think it has a very consistent feel about it. From the cup disc format to the cover art and the sound of the tracks. The emphasis on the guitar sound pulls the disc together...plus the producton..as always excellent but in this case having a similiar sound throughout. The more I listen to it the more I feel what a top notch release it is. Two weeks ago I thought it may have been a 8/10 at the moment I'm leaning towards 8.5/10.
"Sydney till I Die"
hansx

Post by hansx »

exit81 wrote:While I like all the tracks on 1x1, the CD seems to have a 'thrown together' aspect to the track listing. There's no apparent unity or consistency to the tracks...different styles, different origins, etc. Does anyone else think it's a collection of a few bits and pieces EF had lying around his desktop? Good stuff though.
Don't agree, these are good tracks which fits together very well. Even the Legend track is fitting in it, however I still think that a new track was more appropriate.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I like the whole disc, but my current favourite is Daughters of Time. I think the "never been here before" atmospherics are the strongest in this track.
The things TD does with sequencers these days are just astonishing: There's such a sensibility about the way the sequences modulate the mood of Daughters of Time! I don't know of anybody else who's musically able to do similar things. Looks like Edgar has worked in secrecy on some new tricks. :-)

I remember the Giorgio Moroder quote: "Personally I feel that Tangerine Dream became a little boring. You can only do so much and no more with all these sequencers."

Wrong, Giorgio ... 8) :D
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Michael66 wrote:I like the whole disc, but my current favourite is Daughters of Time. I think the "never been here before" atmospherics are the strongest in this track.
The things TD does with sequencers these days are just astonishing: There's such a sensibility about the way the sequences modulate the mood of Daughters of Time! I don't know of anybody else who's musically able to do similar things. Looks like Edgar has worked in secrecy on some new tricks. :-)

I remember the Giorgio Moroder quote: "Personally I feel that Tangerine Dream became a little boring. You can only do so much and no more with all these sequencers."

Wrong, Giorgio ... 8) :D
Ironically, I think TD's ONIS track is the spitting image of a Moroder track. :!:
har

Post by har »

Sorry, have to disagree with you exit, I feel there is a definite theme and flow to the tracks.

Except, and I hate to be negative but, Loved by the sun seems to be out of kinter with the rest, no going to say any more on that though as this is a wonderful album.
homeless

Post by homeless »

I hear this cupdisc every time I switch on the car ignition.

That's a few weeks now,

'Sadness Of Echnaton Losing The World Child' is an excellent 'tune' of course but it's also 'fluff'....
(maybe a bad expression).
It's carries a broad appeal.

The top track is certainly 'Daughters of Time' on-par with 'In the Cherry Blossom Hills' ...

Quality

homeless
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Maybe he wanted Loved by the Sun to be different from the rest of the album, as a contrast to the other tracks which are more muted in their mood. And on an album with a sun theme, the "hymn to the sun" track just has to shine I think, just like the sun does after the time of the winter solstice. :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Got to be honest here; yes at first I did think that this was all cutting room stuff but on repeated listening I've really grown to love this.

...more amazingly so has my wife. :shock:

...still don't know what a cupdisc is though but I do know I love it. :wink: