How complete should a collection be

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:DSP seems to be a demo & ideas recording for other projects that some one thought was complete and rushed off to the pressing plant, before EF could say It aint done yet !.

The Mrs really likes this CD, for me the tracks are just to short ! a job for Quinoa ?
from memory not only was TD's input on this release 'next to zero', but the band weren't that happy about the music in general, or at least composing it. Paul Haslinger said something like 'musically you have tension up to the point of the ball being hit...and then nothing!" how can you compose music for that?
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

On the Dream Music compilations by Silva assh*les at least there appears to be DSP in the form of a suite which is alot better than the original release IMHO
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

alipaul wrote:On the Dream Music compilations by Silva assh*les at least there appears to be DSP in the form of a suite which is alot better than the original release IMHO
Yes. Shame the rest of the album wasn't given a similar treatment by TD themselves.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

alipaul wrote:On the Dream Music compilations by Silva assh*les at least there appears to be DSP in the form of a suite which is alot better than the original release IMHO
Yes thats much better put together :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

I started collecting TD about a month ago when I realised how good music it is. My collection is very tiny:

-Ricochet
-Encore
-Force Majeure
-Tangram

I have also ordered the following CDs:

-Nebulous Dawn - The Early Years
-Exit
-White Eagle
-Hyperborea

I think I will collect "only" about 25-35 TD CDs. I am not rich so I have to avoid spending money. Even now I can't buy any classical CDs but that's ok for now.
24db

Post by 24db »

Great start though!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Yes collecting TD can be quite severe on the old purse strings. I am going through the process the second time after selling of my entire collection in a moment of madness a few years back. Nice hobby to have though.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Serious collecting can get very expensive, but for example the albums from the Virgin years are very reasonably priced. Just check the various sellers on Amazon for example.

I guess for people new to TD the main problem may be to find the "worthy" material, especially considering Soundtrack albums.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

71 dB wrote:I started collecting TD about a month ago when I realised how good music it is. My collection is very tiny:

-Ricochet
-Encore
-Force Majeure
-Tangram

-Exit
-White Eagle
-Hyperborea

I think I will collect "only" about 25-35 TD CDs. I am not rich so I have to avoid spending money. Even now I can't buy any classical CDs but that's ok for now.
If your anything like me then you'll want everything in the end, it's an addiction.

Hi I'm Chris and I'm a TD-o-holic. :wink:

...it's a good start though.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I broke my addiction to TD collecting by selling off Rockoon and the Dante stuff, which was an easy step. :wink:

But there's so much TD music I do like, it's still not a cheap hobby...
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I'm a bit of a hoarder with all music including TD. I keep the albums I don't like that much and even buy ones I already have...I'm a sad case I know but thats me.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Buy everything you can get, if you are a die-hard.
If not pick up the pieces in the cake.
Ricochet, Logos, Phadra and that sort of things should be in a collection, I think. But presume when you listen to a cd and you don't like it, then don't buy it. There are more and better things for you I guess. :lol:
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

71 dB wrote:I started collecting TD about a month ago when I realised how good music it is. My collection is very tiny:

-Ricochet
-Encore
-Force Majeure
-Tangram

-Exit
-White Eagle
-Hyperborea

Hey, you've got to start somewhere, and you're off to a fantastic beginning! The oldest stuff might be a bit difficult to find, but they're worth the effort. As for the most recent stuff, it's all a matter of personal opinion. (Actually, come to think of it, it's all a matter of personal opinion.)

Just my own two cents' worth here: Since you've begun with the '70s and '80s releases, you might want to concentrate your efforts there. Suddenly shifting to 1990s and 2000s releases might be a bit jarring, as TD's "sound," while still very good, shows obvious signs of a musical evolution.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

24db wrote:Great start though!
Thanks!
Chris Monk wrote:If your anything like me then you'll want everything in the end, it's an addiction.

Hi I'm Chris and I'm a TD-o-holic.

...it's a good start though.
hansx wrote:Buy everything you can get, if you are a die-hard.
If not pick up the pieces in the cake.
Ricochet, Logos, Phadra and that sort of things should be in a collection, I think. But presume when you listen to a cd and you don't like it, then don't buy it. There are more and better things for you I guess.
No, I don't think I will. I have so much other music to explore too. TD is great but there's plenty on different great music. Logos & Phaedra will be purchased in the near future.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I have over close too 100 album from tangerine dream music. :shock:
I can’t tell you.
:wink:

:!: :arrow: