missing Near Dark track?

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

missing Near Dark track?

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

For those of you who have seen the film Near Dark, the first piece of music on the film is NOT on the soundtrack.
Recently, two pieces of music by TD have reminded me of this missing track.
First off was 'The Greek Mirror' but closer to it was 'Southpole Crossing' from the 'TD PLAYS TD' album.
Do you think td used the original track & 'tangent-ized' it to one of the above mentioned tracks or its still in the td vaults somewhere?

By the way, Near Dark is one of my favorite TD soundtracks. Second only to Sorcerer.
Chris Monk

Re: missing Near Dark track?

Post by Chris Monk »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:For those of you who have seen the film Near Dark, the first piece of music on the film is NOT on the soundtrack.
First off was 'The Greek Mirror' but closer to it was 'Southpole Crossing' from the 'TD PLAYS TD' album.
Do you think td used the original track & 'tangent-ized' it to one of the above mentioned tracks or its still in the td vaults somewhere?

By the way, Near Dark is one of my favorite TD soundtracks. Second only to Sorcerer.
Must check that out, I've got the DVD here somewhere. Doesn't it have an isolated soundtrack or something? May be I ought to rip that to CDR.
ant

Post by ant »

:D Will have to check that out. I do know that the first track on the album is not in the film as far as I can remember, i.e. Caleb's Blues?? :D
Biggus Dickus
DaveAS

Post by DaveAS »

ant wrote::D Will have to check that out. I do know that the first track on the album is not in the film as far as I can remember, i.e. Caleb's Blues?? :D
Whoever made the final cut must have listened to it first. :wink:
DaveAS

Re: missing Near Dark track?

Post by DaveAS »

Chris Monk wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:For those of you who have seen the film Near Dark, the first piece of music on the film is NOT on the soundtrack.

Must check that out, I've got the DVD here somewhere. Doesn't it have an isolated soundtrack or something? May be I ought to rip that to CDR.
Isolated soundtrack? Damn! I bought the DVD a couple of years back as an impulse purchase and never got around to even removing the cellophane. *Digs around in DVD cupboard* :D

(Edit) Found it - nope, no isolated soundtrack, at least not on the vanilla release.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Are you guys getting confused with legend that as an isolated soundtrack

i have the anchor bay cut of near dark and there is no isolated soundtrack
on that
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

alipaul wrote:Are you guys getting confused with legend that as an isolated soundtrack

i have the anchor bay cut of near dark and there is no isolated soundtrack
on that
You're probably right about that.... can't find the DVD to confirm or deny. :roll:
timer

Post by timer »

If it's the Legend soundtrack there was loads left off the film as can be heard on bootlegs - not that I condone them in the slightest ! :roll:
exit81

Post by exit81 »

This opening track can be found on the fan compilation Cinema Lost Cinema Found.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

exit81 wrote:This opening track can be found on the fan compilation Cinema Lost Cinema Found.
Cheers. I will dig that out later. :)