One Times One

HarryPotter No7
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

I quite like this album altho I think 'Man' was totally uneccessary as it's not long been released on MFD and as there is only 6 tracks I would have thought somethin else could have been used. The other tracks are good, especially the first track but I would much prefer to pay a bit more and have a full TD album like before. I consider this release, like the DM series before, more of a remixed compilation cd with a cupla new tracks thrown in.
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

I think "Man" is great !

It was my favourite track on MFD and its even better as an instrumental and the guitar is brilliant. Probably my favourite EF guitar work ever

The track is definitely in my TD top ten but I can understand that most fans would rather a different track was fitted in with it being released so soon after the MFD album
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a good release. Modesty And Greed is awesome, while 1, 3, and 5 are very good indeed. I just felt the tracks had a very varied collection of origins....one remixed from an 80's movie soundtrack, one remixed from the 1986 UK tour, an instrumental version from MDF, plus a few new tracks. It's an uneven collection, but the music is still excellent, so that's all that matters!
ant

Post by ant »

:D Remember, this is not a 'new' TD studio album, it is a extra little bit of TD fun, of which we are led to believe there will be more, which is just a little something to sit and listen to whilst having a cup of tea or coffee. An excellent little release and I am looking forward to the others in the series. I am also looking forward to a NEW studio album and of course the remaining Atomic releases. I just want more TD in any way shape or form. It's like a drug and I am still very addicted after 37 years!! :D
Biggus Dickus
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

ant wrote::D Remember, this is not a 'new' TD studio album, it is a extra little bit of TD fun, of which we are led to believe there will be more, which is just a little something to sit and listen to whilst having a cup of tea or coffee. An excellent little release and I am looking forward to the others in the series. I am also looking forward to a NEW studio album and of course the remaining Atomic releases. I just want more TD in any way shape or form. It's like a drug and I am still very addicted after 37 years!! :D
Glad to see i'm not alone, suffering Cold Turkey here at the moment no TD releases for a fortnight :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
hansx

Post by hansx »

alipaul wrote:
ant wrote::D Remember, this is not a 'new' TD studio album, it is a extra little bit of TD fun, of which we are led to believe there will be more, which is just a little something to sit and listen to whilst having a cup of tea or coffee. An excellent little release and I am looking forward to the others in the series. I am also looking forward to a NEW studio album and of course the remaining Atomic releases. I just want more TD in any way shape or form. It's like a drug and I am still very addicted after 37 years!! :D
Glad to see i'm not alone, suffering Cold Turkey here at the moment no TD releases for a fortnight :shock:
I am not too much in shock. For me a few days no TD, I heard too much the last weeks. Now on for something progressive rock like PF, Yes etc.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I thought this cupdisc concept as worked well, good disc at a really good price.
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I have a feeling the new formats (EP, cupdisc) free up TD's creative forces. Edgar & gang may not be always in the mindset and mood for composing new 60-80 minutes epics, and now they can just chose the format the compositions require. I can't complain about the results! :D
24db

Post by 24db »

the entire 'Echnaton' track can now be heard on TD's Myspace page
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I can really recommend listening to One Times One when using public transport and looking out of the bus window... :) (just did that)

Wow I love this record. I don't mind that it recycles a CF-era sequencer pattern or that it has "just another" version of Loved by the Sun (listen to how much heart Edgar pours into his guitar solo on that track!) ... for me OTO is on par with Exit.
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

Finally got my copy of One Times One in the mail Thursday. Not bad; while it didn't instantly grab me like, say, Summer in Nagasaki, it's growing on me. I especially like Modesty and Greed, probably because of its rapid sequencing which is reminiscent of the band's classic works from the '70s and '80s. Sadness of Echnaton is also a fine composition, particularly the "whistling" portion near the end of the track. Loved by the Sun, to me, though, is unnecessary, as it sounds too similar to the TD Plays TD version (although I haven't actually compared the two).

All in all, a worthy addition to my collection, though I must confess, I much prefer a full CD release to limited editions and "cupdiscs." Saving only about 10-20 percent in cost for 50-60 percent of the music one could get in a full CD simply doesn't do my bank account any good. (On the other hand, I am getting some new TD compositions, so I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet.)
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
timer

Post by timer »

The companion to the Cupdisc series :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:The companion to the Cupdisc series :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting
:mrgreen: Super Cool :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

timer wrote:The companion to the Cupdisc series :
Cosmic! :D

Speaking of coffee/teapots: An "Entrance to magic music" mug would be really cool ... 8)
TangFanIRL

007 ?

Post by TangFanIRL »

Is it just me, or is the start of 'Sadness of Echnaton Losing the World Child' a bit 'James Bondy' ??? Catchy tune. :-D