Edgar Froese vs Kraftwerk

TangFanIRL
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Edgar Froese vs Kraftwerk

Post by TangFanIRL »

Hi,

One of the great things about Tangerine Dream/Edgar Froese music is that you can be listening to it for years and then suddenly notice something new that you hadn’t before or perhaps you suddenly make a new connection. I just had such a moment! While listening to Edgar’s original ‘Stuntman’ album I noticed that I had heard the sound that starts 22 seconds in to Drunken Mozart in The Desert. I could hear the start of Kraftwerk’s ‘The Hall of Mirrors’ from ‘Trans Europe Express’ in my head I thought so I checked it out – if you haven’t already you might be interested to do so…

Another thing I noticed recently…. Compare the cover of Chris Franke’s ‘The London Concert’ to the cover of TD’s ‘i-Box’. Can you see the similar design style? If not I’ll explain if you want me to!

Conrad
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Sometimes I'd wish that KW had released 839 albums like TD.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Just starting to get into KW as I am with all things Krautrock...still love TD though..the original and best.
"Sydney till I Die"
har

Post by har »

Kraftwerk.

Blast from the past!

TEE and she's a model? or something.

Must (re) check them out
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

:lol:

:!: :arrow:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Pertou wrote:Sometimes I'd wish that KW had released 839 albums like TD.
:shock: .....I thought I had an almost complete collection of about 400..are you including boots and TT &TL Jacob :?:
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

worum gehts???........ kw vs ef/td???

kw ist wesentlich minimalistischer und viel rhythmusorientierter als ef/td .......... kw macht tanzmusik.
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

krismopompas wrote:worum gehts???........ kw vs ef/td???

kw ist wesentlich minimalistischer und viel rhythmusorientierter als ef/td .......... kw macht tanzmusik.
Genau. Kraftwerk ist sehr mechanisch und sorgfältig konstruiert. TD ist mehr freiform. Aber beide machen interessieren elektronische Töne!
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

This whole issue kind of begs the question ... What does Kraftwerk think of TD? :? :wink:
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
Sfearical Sequence

rotwang wrote:This whole issue kind of begs the question ... What does Kraftwerk think of TD? :? :wink:
Ralf Hütter hasn't had anything negative to say about TD other than he pointed out that TD and the other German groups that were emerging in the early 70s chose to go by English names and use English titles for their pieces, whereas Kraftwerk chose to maintain their German identity in that regard. I don't know if he's ever commented on TD's music specifically. I've read Pascal Bussy's Kraftwerk: Man, Machine and Music twice. :oops:
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:
rotwang wrote:This whole issue kind of begs the question ... What does Kraftwerk think of TD? :? :wink:
Ralf Hütter hasn't had anything negative to say about TD other than he pointed out that TD and the other German groups that were emerging in the early 70s chose to go by English names and use English titles for their pieces, whereas Kraftwerk chose to maintain their German identity in that regard. I don't know if he's ever commented on TD's music specifically. I've read Pascal Bussy's Kraftwerk: Man, Machine and Music twice. :oops:
I've always respected Johannes Schmoelling for keeping his website largely in German, despite the fact I have trouble interpreting it...
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Sfearical Sequence

I don't know if he's ever commented on TD's music specifically.
I was incorrect here. I took a look at the book again, and Ralf Hütter did comment positively about TD when asked about new age music, which he dislikes. He said, "I much prefer the music of the late sixties to early seventies. Artists like Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze were very original." So there you have it.
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

And I thought I was just being facetious. :P Thanks for the info. :D
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
24db

Post by 24db »

I don't know if he's ever commented on TD's music specifically.
I was incorrect here. I took a look at the book again, and Ralf Hütter did comment positively about TD when asked about new age music, which he dislikes. He said, "I much prefer the music of the late sixties to early seventies. Artists like Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze were very original." So there you have it.
respect to Ralf!...mine you he did say 'were' ;)
Sfearical Sequence

24db wrote:
Sfearical Sequence wrote: I don't know if he's ever commented on TD's music specifically.
respect to Ralf!...mine you he did say 'were' ;)
I may have misquoted as I didn't have the book in front of me when I made that post. I assumed it was 'were' since he was referring to music of the 60s and 70s. I'll check that quote again.