Logos 25 yrs Old !

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by cantosis »

Its probably the only 80s album I have only listened to once. maybe I`ll dig it out again soon
timer

Post by timer »

bigdaveh wrote:All this is bringing back some memories, An Ex driving down the motorway on bomfire night to go to Birmingham Odean New Street see the dream and Chris Franke giving me and mate Bailey a Black tour jacket at 1 of the gigs after the show. Going in to East Berlin when we went the Riegstag gig coming back to the west and Ant an Rich went through check point and i got stopped because i had some East German marks still on me. I had to open a bank account in the East!!
God loads of things coming back.

This is a great place or memory jogging Dave !. 8)
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

I'm going have to go up in the loft look for some old photos from the 80's and scan them to share. Plus might get my Tyger tour poster down i had signed and framed. Been a long time since that was hanging up. Wonder where my Le Park brolly is? Saying that and the tour jacket not that it will fit me well 1 arm now might. God i remember when i was slimmer :D
O well better get myself off to work. :( but only got do till ten so roll on ten :)
timer

Post by timer »

bigdaveh wrote:I'm going have to go up in the loft look for some old photos from the 80's and scan them to share. Plus might get my Tyger tour poster down i had signed and framed. Been a long time since that was hanging up. Wonder where my Le Park brolly is? Saying that and the tour jacket not that it will fit me well 1 arm now might. God i remember when i was slimmer :D
O well better get myself off to work. :( but only got do till ten so roll on ten :)
I recently let the same tour jacket go for charity on this network, and it ended up with a very deserving fan, although like yourself I couldn't get into the thing now, don't know if the new onwer can get it on either !.

Le Parc brollies - I wish I gotten one meself. :cry:
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

Just asking Timer was your Tour jacket blue or Black? Cuz i know there were blue 1's on merch stalls. Mine was a black 1.
timer

Post by timer »

bigdaveh wrote:Just asking Timer was your Tour jacket blue or Black? Cuz i know there were blue 1's on merch stalls. Mine was a black 1.
Blue with detachable sleeves.
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

Mine was a black 1 given to me by Mr Chris Franke so think it was 1 of their jackets cuz mate says (because i have not good memory) he went off to other room and brought me and mate the jackets. That had detachable sleeves as well. Will have to have a good look for it. Plus off this week and will have a sort through my pics to share with everyone.
Misterdance

LOGOS 25 years.

Post by Misterdance »

I started listening to TD with the album Optical Race. But Logos i discovered in a local Library on vinyl. I still own it and once in a while I play it on my turntable. Great album! Nice mono lead synths. It still gives me the shivers. At the time it was produced and sold I just started out listening to J-M Jarre en Vangelis as an adolescent boy of 13 years young.

Logos? Great album ..

MD.
:D
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

MISTER BEEP- LOGOS Part One (1-bit cover of TANGERINE DREAM)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nYBVzgr6LGA

There's also an MP3 link. I like it! :)
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

Three days ago, I was in the intercity bus (again) travelling back to my home city, Athens, towards the night, and of course I was listening to "Logos" (again).
Timeless music, that's like it has a life of it's own, and only in the upbeat rhythmic parts betrays it's age.
.....and right now I'm writing this post, I listen to Berlin Reichstag 29/8/81 concert :D
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

24db wrote:Can't make my mind up if this is good or a tad pointless (but then again I never like cover versions):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZb9Gb5lSpY
Me, I think it's just - JUST - different enough to be interesting. I personally like covers that are VERY different from the original. I think that the trick to covering a song is to do it as it would be done if you were the one who had written the piece. It's much more fun that way.

If "Logos" had been my composition, for example, there wouldn't be any synth at all. Not because I don't like synth (well, I am a TD/KS fan, after all) but because I don't play synth.

So, if I was to cover "Logos", I'd be playing the lead part on a flute, getting other people to play bass guitar, djembe, possibly cello and organ...it wouldn't sound remotely like the original.

One of the most enjoyable musical experiences of my life was when some mates and I got together to do an almost entirely acoustic version of "Stratosfear". It was recorded, but unfortunately the hard drive on which the recording was made died very shortly thereafter. I might get those guys together again to give it another whack sometime.

The art of doing cover versions is to turn someone else's music into YOUR music. Like, they wrote the recipe, but you're the one baking the cake, if you get what I mean.
If celibacy was good enough for my father, and his father before him, it's bloody well good enough for me!
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

bigmoog wrote:doing cover versions is pissss easy

doing original music...er, bm will get back to thee
I personally find covers considerably more difficult. Almost every original piece I've ever composed started out as an attempt at a cover but turned into something else entirely. My favourite was a piece I wrote which I called "No Superman", so called because I was trying to do a cover of Laurie Anderson's "O Superman" but I bollocksed it up and ended up doing something else entirely.

But that piece was lost in the hard drive crash referred to in my post that will appear immediately above this one.

God, just about all my music was on that drive! We were just about to make a backup, too. :(
If celibacy was good enough for my father, and his father before him, it's bloody well good enough for me!
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

Pertou wrote:MISTER BEEP- LOGOS Part One (1-bit cover of TANGERINE DREAM)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nYBVzgr6LGA

There's also an MP3 link. I like it! :)
Hey, that is pretty cool! :)

Oh, and there's something else I'd do differently if I was to cover "Logos" - I'd transpose it from C minor to D minor. This is purely because D minor is nice and easy to play on a flute, while C minor is a pain in the arse.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Now on 26 years marking years like always. :D :wink:

:!: :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

great album