2007 the best TD year ever

NiklunII
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

2007 the best TD year ever

Post by NiklunII »

It is fantastic that a band can release FOUR excellent albums in one year, creatively, Edgar must really be a genious!
I have always prefered the albums from the late 70, early 80 and Underwater Sunligt + tour, but they are even better now I think.. Jeanne D Arc, Madcup, Spring and Summer in Nagasaki and One times One are all masterpieces! Hope for some more with Chris also..
Even my family starts to like TD now, the went crasey about the trac Talking to Maddox..
I guess Torsten improved the group a little also..

Does anyone agre?
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I Guest so. 8)

:!: :arrow:
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

I think you're right. The recent material has been very good and some times brilliant. I think EF is such a master of his craft that I think he would be incapable of making a duff record. Long may he continue
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

I'd love to hear these new albums but how to get them cheap? :?
Nero

Post by Nero »

71 dB wrote:I'd love to hear these new albums but how to get them cheap? :?
I downloaded a lot of them here in the TD Download store - good quality for a fair price. Just try it out. Or buy the QUADRO packs in the TD store which are much cheaper than the regular releases.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:I Guest so. 8)

:!: :arrow:
That's just crule.
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

I agree that 2007 was the best year for TD. And that's an achievement for a band who exists for 40 years now! :D

On my way to work and back home (about an hour's drive one way) I listen to TD on my mp3 player all the time. I have on it: "Jeanne D'Arc", "Blue Dawn", "TD Plays TD", "Madcap's Flaming Duty", "Springtime In Nagasaki", "Summer In Nagasaki", "One Times One", the last four EPs and the other tracks released here and there ("Booster", the download extras, "Oceanride" and so on). I listened to this tracklist for the last month and I still don't get tired of it. When "Sadness Of Echnaton ..." starts playing I always feel the urge to dance (must look pretty funny while I'm on the bus :wink: ).

TD set a real high standard for themselves. I'm curious if 2008 will be just as great. I guess with the three new releases they're on the right path (and we will be in for a real treat).
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I also think 2007 was the best year for TD, when it comes to what they released.

My personal favourite year is 2005, where I went to five TD concerts, expanded my cd collection remarkably, and finally met a lot of the people in here.
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

Nero wrote:
71 dB wrote:I'd love to hear these new albums but how to get them cheap? :?
I downloaded a lot of them here in the TD Download store - good quality for a fair price. Just try it out. Or buy the QUADRO packs in the TD store which are much cheaper than the regular releases.
I avoid downloads and prefer physical CDs. QUADRO packs? What are those? If I remember there was something nasty about paying in TD store (no VISA payment or something like that...)

Virgin years albums are easy to get for less than 10 euros. New stuff is much more expensive, at least for now.

I have suffered unemployment and now I am working without pay (a deal to get a real job) so that's why low price is important.
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

82 with white eagle and logos is my favorite year.......... and the whole ef, cf, js era with its splendid melodies :) ........... but 2007 was great too in terms of quantity+qualitiy......... imo a bit back to the roots in terms of sequencing with anaologstyle sounds.......... all sounds wide and freed (from jf?)
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
24db

Post by 24db »

Best year ever? hmmmm almost impossible to say, as we're not comparing like with like. SO...better than 2006? yep ;)
Perhaps I've stopped looking back and have just excepted that the latest music (more or less) floats my boat...so let's enjoy it :)
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

If 2007 is the best year ever perhaps its time to revisit the favourite track and albums polls

It will be interesting to see the impact that MFD and Summer in Nagasaki have had
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I think it's difficult to compare years as in previous years we were lucky if we got a couple of releases in a year.

But since TD have been masters of their own destiny they have become more prolific and able to release more thankfully not at the detriment of quality
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

alipaul wrote:I think it's difficult to compare years as in previous years we were lucky if we got a couple of releases in a year.

But since TD have been masters of their own destiny they have become more prolific and able to release more thankfully not at the detriment of quality
TD rocks.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Posterity writing itself as history, will judge 1974 as the best year for TD

possibly :D
...The wise.....are silent.....