Your recommendations

Nero
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Nero »

Summer In Nagasaki is a masterpiece. Looking forward to Hiroshima.
timer

Post by timer »

Nero wrote:Summer In Nagasaki is a masterpiece. Looking forward to Hiroshima.

Well summed up Nero 8)
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

OK that's torn it

My initial post was a sort of challenge because to be honest I though TD, and in particular Edgar had nothing musically interesting to say for me – how wrong was I.

Based on your recommendations I finally decided that springtime in Nagesaki was the one to go for, and in order to appreciate it I would give it a few plays and a fair hearing before I reported back to you all.

Well despite Itunes insisting on playing the tracks in reverse order (anyone know how to fix that?) I have to say that it is the best thing heard from TD for the best part of two decades, touching, beautiful and moving, I feel Edgar has put heart and soul into this one - not only that , but though I'm just an old fan, he has restored my faith in his music - not that that really means anything.

However, now I feel much more positive towards the band (and that has to be a good thing) and will probably buy the rest of this series, given time I may even plump for another recent recording of new material (I'm not much interested in reworks though) and that is my next decision.

Thanks for all your recommendations

Kevin
24db

Post by 24db »

Nice one Kevin, I agree....you should try the next one... I've got to admit that my initial reaction to hearing that Summer in Nagasaki was composed ONLY by Edgar was lukewarm at best, but I was floored when I heard it, I'm not sure whether the subject matter is making up for any short comings in the music (who can say?)...but for me it's Edgar's real masterpiece, not flawless but much better than quite a lot of TD's output
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:Nice one Kevin, I agree....you should try the next one... I've got to admit that my initial reaction to hearing that Summer in Nagasaki was composed ONLY by Edgar was lukewarm at best, but I was floored when I heard it, I'm not sure whether the subject matter is making up for any short comings in the music (who can say?)...but for me it's Edgar's real masterpiece, not flawless but much better than quite a lot of TD's output
Nicely put Andy. Summer in Nagasaki has really grown on me and has all the signs of being a classic TD album.
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

hey ho

I'm on a role now -Just bought booster as well

Really liking it on first play - hypersphinx, and metaphor 1 and 2 really standing out for me on disk 1 - great on Ipod walking by the sea at night. Disk 2 looks to have plenty of new material to enjoy as well.

Thanks all for getting me back on track
timer

Post by timer »

Mac cuber transfer wrote:hey ho

Really liking it on first play - hypersphinx, and metaphor 1 and 2 really standing out for me on disk 1 - great on Ipod walking by the sea at night. Disk 2 looks to have plenty of new material to enjoy as well.

Ive got a feeling we are about to be amazed again with these new releases especially Views from a Red Train, with the full crew on board :wink: this is going to be the full monty. :P
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:

Ive got a feeling we are about to be amazed again with these new releases especially Views from a Red Train, with the full crew on board :wink: this is going to be the full monty. :P
And the inclusion of Carmel Calif is the icing on the cake 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:

And the inclusion of Carmel Calif is the icing on the cake 8)
And for that to be the pre release teaser - i think were in for a treat. :)
Only a week to wait. 8)