Metaphore

Froesesque
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Metaphore

Post by Froesesque »

I've had this little EP on my mp3 for a while now, it's a nice collection of tracks. My fave is part 3. There's some quite interesting ideas and melodies. What do you guys think??????
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I find it absolutely adorable.
Last edited by Pertou on Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Same here, I think its awesome, when I first heard it I was blown away. would not have sounded out of place in a Sci-Fi movie
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

My fave of all the EP's I loved it on first listen and even put it on repeat for an hour or so which is something I never usually do. I love the last track which appeared on MFD eastgate version. It was a nice wee EP for Xmas.
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Pertou wrote:I find it absolutely adorable.
Great review
24db

Post by 24db »

my review from when it came out:

Metaphor on the floor, it's a figure of speech

01. METAPHOR FIRST REALITY . Fades in with a looped pad (for some weird reason I kept thinking of Atem or Alpha centauri, there must be something about the timbre perhaps?), drums and synth stings are quickly augmented, as is a bass synth which plays a simple repeated line. A piano meanders with lots of reverb and then a reversed piano sample is layered with it with a distorted panned note (which is a bit like a guitar). It's hard to say what this track reminds me of, perhaps Pete Namlook jamming with Vangelis (If I had to guess I'd say there's definitely a Thorsten influence to this piece). The track has a 'something is gonna happen' feeling, but it doesn't, everything actually sounds quite improvised and the sound palatte is (generally) new to TD...it ends with bubbling and reversed sounds...leading into.

02. METAPHOR SECOND REALITY ...Starts with an ethnic "Aaaah" wordless vocal sample a bit like FSOL (over a lazy bass line), but this is soon added to with another voice, (but this has more of an electronic synth character), A metalic panned rhythmic sequence starts, with an almost 'vocal character' to the filter for a few bars and then a fast piano arpeggio/sequencer line is layered over the top with a very digital melody (from Edgar?). Then a huge layered pad takes over which plays a new melody....think of film about the Pharaos or Ancient Eygpt and you'd get the rough idea (the actual sound is a layer of strings, flute and perhaps another synth). The new melody drops away and we're back to the ethic voices over a plodding bass line, and tubular bell hits. . Suzanne Ciani jams with Edgar during Dalinetopia?. Perhaps not, but it's interesting nevertheless. Ends with a long ominious sustained note...which fades into

03. METAPHOR THIRD REALITY ...a bubbling 'Edgar' type sequence runs, as piano phrases and guitar like synths play, then a strong melody takes over: piano, a buzzy and breathy synth, whilst the tune changes key. A good solid track. Finishes with some weird reversed and echoing plucked sounds. Probably my favourite, because of it's strong melody and it's quite up tempo. ....leading into...

04. METAPHOR EARTHLING'S REALITY....an Edgar track I guess, the sequencing is very like him. 'Shock horror' this track has male vocals, I can't comment on the lyrics but it isn't too bad. Later in the track some distant guitar is added (although it could be a fuzzed synth, it's hard to say and it's fairly far back in the mix). Not bad I guess, if you like vocals.

Overall I liked Metaphor, it's not the best thing TD have ever released (that's Ricochet obviously ;)), but it's certainly worth getting hold of for the first 3 tracks alone. 'If' TD are just Thorsten and Edgar, then the group are in safe hands and we're in for an interesting time
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

A very strong EP,another few tracks of this quality would have made a top full album release 8) excellent :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

I feel that Edgar and Thorsen were really 'colaborating' on the first 3 tracks of this EP, instead of working on thier own which has been the case on other recent recordings.

On part 3 you can realy distiguish between edgars sequencer (the same one he used on the opening track of Kyoto by the sounds of it) and Thorsens melodic work. Good EP
24db

Post by 24db »

Froesesque wrote:I feel that Edgar and Thorsen were really 'colaborating' on the first 3 tracks of this EP, instead of working on thier own which has been the case on other recent recordings.

On part 3 you can realy distiguish between edgars sequencer (the same one he used on the opening track of Kyoto by the sounds of it) and Thorsens melodic work. Good EP
nothing new in that (the composing tracks alone bit) mate...TD have done it for decades
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

One of my favorite of the recent releases
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache