The Eindhoven DVD.

Should they leave in Bernhard's nightmare on the Eindhoven DVD?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 24

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Eindhoven DVD.

Post by Chris Monk »

From reading the reviews of the Eindhoven show it would appear that poor old Bernhard had a bit of a "mare" during the show. So, simple question, should it be included on the new DVD?

For my money I'd want to see it, as a full record of the show. Not sure how Bernhard would feel about that. I imagine that he'd want it buried in a very deep dark hole.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

In my humble opinion many of the live DVDs have had too much interference. I would like to see this gig shown as it was even with the Bernhard mess although I can fully understand TD would want the DVD to look as professional as possible.

Either way I will be happy just to have the chance to see the concert 8)
timer

Post by timer »

I would have thought the camera's were probably not focussed on Bernhards events, and although it must have been quite an embarrasment for BB, the show still went on. Four encores substanciated the quality of this concert IMHO.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

It happened on stage, so it should be part of the DVD as long as it didn't completely ruin the sound (loud crackles, noises, feedback etc.).
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

For me ,it's how Bernhard feel it.

Charles.
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
Nero

Post by Nero »

For me it makes no sense to support people's "voyeurism"....sorry.
For BB it was of course enough to experience that kind of nightmare on stage, but to repeat it on DVD makes no sense at all and wouldn't be professional.

That's why we go to a live concert - to experience such a unique event!!
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

No opinion.
rattymouse

Re: The Eindhoven DVD.

Post by rattymouse »

Chris Monk wrote:From reading the reviews of the Eindhoven show it would appear that poor old Bernhard had a bit of a "mare" during the show. So, simple question, should it be included on the new DVD?

For my money I'd want to see it, as a full record of the show. Not sure how Bernhard would feel about that. I imagine that he'd want it buried in a very deep dark hole.
For those of us not there, what the heck happened??
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I don’t take a vote I don’t have too. :!:

:!: :arrow:
nightmare strand

Post by nightmare strand »

Include it in the extras. Don't worry Bernhard, no-one has any doubts about your skills on the guitar. Just take this one on the chin and give em hell next time mate, there's nothing wrong with being human once in a while.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

nightmare strand wrote:Include it in the extras. Don't worry Bernhard, no-one has any doubts about your skills on the guitar. Just take this one on the chin and give em hell next time mate, there's nothing wrong with being human once in a while.
well really from what I can gather it was nothing to do with Bernhard, seems to be some tech problems with the wiring for his guitar.
timer

Post by timer »

cantosis wrote:
nightmare strand wrote:Include it in the extras. Don't worry Bernhard, no-one has any doubts about your skills on the guitar. Just take this one on the chin and give em hell next time mate, there's nothing wrong with being human once in a while.
well really from what I can gather it was nothing to do with Bernhard, seems to be some tech problems with the wiring for his guitar.
It was a fault with the Amplifier head. That was only evident when he started to play during the set. was fine during the soundcheck.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I voted no...
If the DVD is a documentary, then fair enough, but as a music DVD I feel there would be opportunities to show some scenes from Eindhoven, or to show some of the back-drop images - plus some of the close-ups that were no doubt taken.

Perhaps they could include it in an out-takes section?
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Yep. There's no doubting the guys ability. Seen him play a couple of times now and he's always played extremely well. At the Frankfurt show he was just awesome. He may not be super-dooper fast, like some out there, but he's got a great melodic style and I love the way he uses harmonics. What a great find by Edgar. A real talent that deserves to be heard.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I voted yes but since then would have to say no. If the dvd is a proffesional one of course BB's problems should be edited out. I will buy the dvd but I seem to get a bit bored watching a whole TD dvd these days. I watched the SBE one last week and enjoyed most of it but found myself tireing of it half way through.