What would you wish for in the TDOC downloads

Is this form of Membership a good idea ?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 39

wayfarer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by wayfarer »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:i think patience is the key here... i registered at about 2300 last night & finally got in to the TDOC at just after midnight....

cant seem to download the tunes to my memory stick to transport home...any suggestions? :-)
An audio recorder of some kind, from CNET downloads? They record from your soundcard, so just press play on the stream and record on the recorder.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I am not sure if we are meant to actually download the tracks, I think we can only listen while in there, maybe I am wrong but I am sure EB will clarify the download section.
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

cantosis wrote:I am not sure if we are meant to actually download the tracks, I think we can only listen while in there, maybe I am wrong but I am sure EB will clarify the download section.
Download means download, not only listen - I think.
I dl all tracks without difficulties last night. Now the files are on my hd and in my mp3 player.
After a while (if there is still more music hopefully) I will place all tracks in order and burn them on a CD (how I made it with the the downloaded previously unreleased Ambient Highway tracks in the past).
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I would like to hear the following on the downloads:

Sorcerer 'out takes'

Soundboard recordings from those 1970's

The 'tapes' that Edgar mentioned in an NME interview of 1978, that 'are the best we have ever done'

the list is as long as you want it to be....but so far its all good.....
...The wise.....are silent.....
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Finally in Looks great just need more time to take it all in
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Cyclone wrote:
cantosis wrote:I am not sure if we are meant to actually download the tracks, I think we can only listen while in there, maybe I am wrong but I am sure EB will clarify the download section.
I dl all tracks without difficulties last night. Now the files are on my hd and in my mp3 player.
After a while (if there is still more music hopefully) I will place all tracks in order and burn them on a CD (how I made it with the the downloaded previously unreleased Ambient Highway tracks in the past).
Yes, I've downloaded all the tracks with no problem. I'm assuming that these are tasters of what is to come on future CDs.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Managed to login without much trouble last night and think the new TDOC section is great. Not had a chance to see it all yet but what I did see was very good.

...guess where I'm going next? :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

wayfarer wrote:
Cyclone wrote:
Yes, I've downloaded all the tracks with no problem. I'm assuming that these are tasters of what is to come on future CDs.
once again it's a brouser issue, I tried another and everything works fine
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

24db wrote:
wayfarer wrote:
Cyclone wrote: Download means download, not only listen - I think.
once again it's a brouser issue, I tried another and everything works fine
Yesterday, I had trouble with Firefox. Today, no problem. :lol:

Hardware/Software - they're always a pain the ass :wink:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I'd be interested in some recent photos of TD's studio. Not so much because of the equipment, I just would like to have a look at how much the big fern plants have grown I remember from the last studio shot... :)
24db

Post by 24db »

Michael66 wrote:I'd be interested in some recent photos of TD's studio. Not so much because of the equipment, I just would like to have a look at how much the big fern plants have grown I remember from the last studio shot... :)
I was recently tempted to write to them asking if they had any photos.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

A TDOC "lab area" would be interesting for a test-run of FLAC downloads. As much as mp3 is the most-used format for digital music, it's not the best possible format. There are shops for audiophiles on the Internet which offer FLAC downloads in studio master quality of up to 24bit/96kHz sample rate (Linn Records for example). With TD's recent high sound quality products, 192 kbps mp3 is not the appropriate format I think.
Yes, FLAC files are much bigger, but transfer volume is cheap nowadays, and it'd be cool to have the possibility of comparing a recent TD track in studio master quality against the mp3 or the CD wav file... :)
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

how mad is this? Couldnt download the songs on a pc in my local library(no internet at home at the mo), yet i just downloaded them all on my super-dooper mobile phone!

I LOVE MY NOKIA N95!
What an amazing lil'phone!

:-) :-) :-)
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Judging from what is available so far, TD are just about getting it right with their selection of downloads in the club area. A balance of unreleased odds and sods, sections of old concerts, demos, unused experiments, alternate mixes, soundtrack leftovers, etc, would be ideal. Basically, I'd like to see them make available anything that they can't sell on CD.