Little beauty from 'Wavelength'OST

whiteeagle
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Little beauty from 'Wavelength'OST

Post by whiteeagle »

was Listening for the first time the 'Wavelength' soundtrack the other days,
and I just stacked with this track called 'Mojave End Title' :D
I don't know how to describe it, it's like you have 'Midnight In Tula', Kraftwerk's 'Airwaves' and DEVO :roll: in one track -fantastic and addictive :D
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
timer

Post by timer »

There are some cracking tracks on both Wavelength and Firestarter, two very regulary listen to CDs in our household. :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:There are some cracking tracks on both Wavelength and Firestarter, two very regulary listen to CDs in our household. :)
Very true. The only problem I have with Wavelength is the relatively poor sound quality. If Edgar is looking for stuff to up-date then he could do worse than start here....

....but I dare say he'd have trouble getting the rights back. :roll:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Chris Monk wrote: ....but I dare say he'd have trouble getting the rights back. :roll:
Yes but they recently re-recorded and re-published tracks from Miracle Mile, so maybe it's not impossible... :) My wish would be a remaster or re-recording of Firestarter. Beautiful music, but sounding like it has been mastered on a C90 tape from a bargain table at Woolworth ...
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Holy Grails; better mastered copies of 3 O'Clock High, Near Dark, Shy People and Firestarter. It'd be cool to have official expanded releases too.

Have I ever mentioned a Streethawk CD? :twisted:
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:There are some cracking tracks on both Wavelength and Firestarter, two very regulary listen to CDs in our household. :)
Very true. The only problem I have with Wavelength is the relatively poor sound quality. If Edgar is looking for stuff to up-date then he could do worse than start here....

I have the Varese Sarabande LP of Wavelength, and the pressing is indeed very poor :(
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Chris Monk wrote:

Could post it on TDOC in downloads section
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

alipaul wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

Excellent idea :idea: :idea: :idea:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:
alipaul wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Very true. The only problem I have with Wavelength is the relatively poor sound quality. If Edgar is looking for stuff to up-date then he could do worse than start here....

Excellent idea :idea: :idea: :idea:
I have been known to have them occassionally :oops:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
whiteeagle

Post by whiteeagle »

There are some cracking tracks on both Wavelength and Firestarter, two very regulary listen to CDs in our household.
'Firestarter' is one of the best sountracks TD ever done IMHO, atmospheric and original.

Although IMHO, I'm not terribly fond of the fact that TD often reused parts from older tracks in their soundtrack work (something that started with "Igneous" on 'Thief') sadly, 'Wavelegth' has many of these reworked tracks.
Of course, this is something that producers and directors may requested from the band. :roll:
Keep on (Tangerine) Dreaming
24db

Post by 24db »

whiteeagle wrote:
There are some cracking tracks on both Wavelength and Firestarter, two very regulary listen to CDs in our household.
'Firestarter' is one of the best sountracks TD ever done IMHO, atmospheric and original.

Although IMHO, I'm not terribly fond of the fact that TD often reused parts from older tracks in their soundtrack work (something that started with "Igneous" on 'Thief') sadly, 'Wavelegth' has many of these reworked tracks.
Of course, this is something that producers and directors may requested from the band. :roll:
reagrding Igneous on Thief, I seem to remember that it was Michael Mann's idea to use the track on the soundtrack
24db

Post by 24db »

Gonna have to go back and listen to Wavelength again, I haven't heard it in years