Sorcerer 2008 remaster

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Sorcerer 2008 remaster

Post by 24db »

Currently available from the TDOC as 192kbs mp3 downloads.

Does anyone know what these are? I haven't played the original in ages so I can't say if they're alternative takes, left-overs, extensions or just what the band originally intended...but there seems to be some new music on there. Either way they're fantastic
epsilon75

Re: Sorcerer 2008 remaster

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Currently available from the TDOC as downloads.

Does anyone know what these are? I haven't played the original in ages so I can't say if they're alternative takes, left-overs, extensions or just what the band originally intended...but there seems to be some new music on there. Either way they're fantastic
Im going to have a listen to this now to see if i can spot any differences,i played Sorcerer on Wednesday :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Re: Sorcerer 2008 remaster

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:Currently available from the TDOC as downloads.

Im going to have a listen to this now to see if i can spot any differences,i played Sorcerer on Wednesday :arrow:
go for it mate...I'm pretty sure there's a few bits and pieces that are different...and I'm not talking about the T word either, these are done with the original instruments
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

At the moment it difficult to pinpoint any major differences as the track times are a little different,may need your expertise AK with the earphones on :idea: :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Wow.

Well I was pretty happy with TDOC the way it was. This is the icing on the cake. Not listened to it fully yet but it sounds great.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:At the moment it difficult to pinpoint any major differences as the track times are a little different,may need your expertise AK with the earphones on :idea: :wink:
every track is shorter, but that's only natural when you go back to the master tapes and do new fades. It's noticable that Edgar has done new fades into the tracks as well
24db

Post by 24db »

there's been some VERY subtle changes done on some of these tracks. take the track 'Vengence' on the original there's a little white noise 'cymbal' sound that follows the same bass sequencer pulse, on the newer version it's gone, actually the whole timbre of the bass has changed, whether this has been redone or has just been filtered is neither here or there.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Saved the download using Windows Media Player which seems to have characterised the music as Chamber Music. :D
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:Saved the download using Windows Media Player which seems to have characterised the music as Chamber Music. :D
ironic considering Edgar has added a little echo (chamber) to some of the tracks :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:there's been some VERY subtle changes done on some of these tracks. take the track 'Vengence' on the original there's a little white noise 'cymbal' sound that follows the same bass sequencer pulse, on the newer version it's gone, actually the whole timbre of the bass has changed, whether this has been redone or has just been filtered is neither here or there.
Im glad your expertise can spot these subtle changes mate 8) i would be there all day :oops: to me it just sounds better :D
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:there's been some VERY subtle changes done on some of these tracks. take the track 'Vengence' on the original there's a little white noise 'cymbal' sound that follows the same bass sequencer pulse, on the newer version it's gone, actually the whole timbre of the bass has changed, whether this has been redone or has just been filtered is neither here or there.
Im glad your expertise can spot these subtle changes mate 8) i would be there all day :oops: to me it just sounds better :D
I agree....the hiss is gone...but some of the tracks are far quieter than they used to be...but that's a fair price to pay to get them is such good quality. All IMHO of course :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
I agree....the hiss is gone...but some of the tracks are far quieter than they used to be...but that's a fair price to pay to get them is such good quality. All IMHO of course :)
Im certainly not complaining,im well happy with this 8) :D
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Im glad your expertise can spot these subtle changes mate 8) i would be there all day :oops: to me it just sounds better :D
Neither am I, I think it's a good move from TD. Anything that gets people to re-listen to the old stuff in a fresh way is good in my books
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

~careful~ listening~has~produced this result~

Sorceror is still awe inspiring magick :D :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: I agree....the hiss is gone...but some of the tracks are far quieter than they used to be...but that's a fair price to pay to get them is such good quality. All IMHO of course :)
Neither am I, I think it's a good move from TD. Anything that gets people to re-listen to the old stuff in a fresh way is good in my books
I totally agree with that.

I do think it's a shame that TD haven't taken a few liberties with the music but suspect that I'm probably in the minority on that. There are several tracks that are just crying out to be extended or worked up into suites (IMO).