Sorcerer 2008 remaster

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Oh for a 12 minute version of "The Journey" :roll: :D :roll:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

for those who like to know the timings (no, not you Colin ;)):

Old version:

New Version

wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

This release is exciting and bodes well for the future. I'm very glad that I took out this subscription! :D
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

Why would you go to the trouble of remastering a recording and releasing it as 192kbs mp3s? That's like creating new prints of the Mona Lisa and releasing them as postcards.

I'm holding out for the 90-minute version. (Unless Freidkin was exaggerating!)
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:Why would you go to the trouble of remastering a recording and releasing it as 192kbs mp3s? That's like creating new prints of the Mona Lisa and releasing them as postcards.
Good question... I mean I'm happy they DID release it at all, but if they don't want to go losless (FLAC), they could have released it in 320kbps mp3 - the cost for the additional server transfer volume (bigger mp3 files) should be almost neglectable.
24db

Post by 24db »

why would they go through the trouble? so I could hear it...cheers TD ;)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:why would they go through the trouble? so I could hear it...cheers TD ;)
:D

To be honest I have not got the foggiest about the differences in formats, I think I need to investigate as I just get 192 MP3s and usually I am happy with the quality, but if there is something better? :idea: :arrow:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

cantosis wrote:]To be honest I have not got the foggiest about the differences in formats, I think I need to investigate as I just get 192 MP3s and usually I am happy with the quality, but if there is something better? :idea: :arrow:
Here's some general info from Wikipedia about mp3 audio quality:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3#Audio_quality

MP§ encoding is always lossy, that means you don't get the same audio quality as on CD. On the other hand, there are also losless encoding formats, like FLAC. FLAC compresses the music too, but if you decompress it again, you get a bit-exact copy of the file as on CD.

That's not so with mp3s, although 192 kbps files are pretty good... but 256 kbps or 320 kbps come even closer to the original. 320 kbps is more or less indistinguishable to the original file even to trained ears.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Michael66 wrote:
cantosis wrote:]To be honest I have not got the foggiest about the differences in formats, I think I need to investigate as I just get 192 MP3s and usually I am happy with the quality, but if there is something better? :idea: :arrow:
Here's some general info from Wikipedia about mp3 audio quality:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3#Audio_quality

MP§ encoding is always lossy, that means you don't get the same audio quality as on CD. On the other hand, there are also losless encoding formats, like FLAC. FLAC compresses the music too, but if you decompress it again, you get a bit-exact copy of the file as on CD.

That's not so with mp3s, although 192 kbps files are pretty good... but 256 kbps or 320 kbps come even closer to the original. 320 kbps is more or less indistinguishable to the original file even to trained ears.
thanks Michael 8)
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

No time download too Listen sorcerer soundtrack okay. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

||||||BIG||||||MOOG||||||SAYS||||||

|sorceror is such a deep and distant piece of magical music, that it towers over me, with its menacing dark and devilish soundscapes, its a slab of genius and is essential listening for all those who enjoy dark and devilish soundscapes|

I may be wrong, but you know IM right

:wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Sorcerer was only the third LP by TD I'd heard, in 1983....Main Title damn near made me soil myself, a terrifying piece of madness. It's still my favourite soundtrack...the compositions, the sounds, the atmosphere dripping in, er, atmosphere...it's bleak, atriculate, tactile, distant, difficult music, and wholly descriptive of whatever forms in your mind's eye. Awesome.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Don`t think I have heard anyone say its a c-rap album thats because its not c-rap, it is rather good 8) :arrow:
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

bigmoog wrote:sorceror is such a deep and distant piece of magical music, that it towers over me, with its menacing dark and devilish soundscapes, its a slab of genius and is essential listening for all those who enjoy dark and devilish soundscapes|

I may be wrong, but you know IM right
I'll go along with that.
exit81 wrote:Sorcerer was only the third LP by TD I'd heard, in 1983....Main Title damn near made me soil myself, a terrifying piece of madness. It's still my favourite soundtrack...the compositions, the sounds, the atmosphere dripping in, er, atmosphere...it's bleak, atriculate, tactile, distant, difficult music, and wholly descriptive of whatever forms in your mind's eye. Awesome.
And that, too.

My avatar says, "You will listen to SORCERER and like it, or I will run you over."
ant

Post by ant »

:D This is such an awesome album from the seventies - one of my favourites from that period. Have just downloaded it and copied to CD so will listen to it tonight. Will be interested to hear what it sounds like on the headphones. :D
Biggus Dickus