AMBIENT MONKEYS

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

AMBIENT MONKEYS

Post by cantosis »

Hard to believe but it will be almost 10 years(June 1998) since the release of this interesting album, people always think I am crazy when I say I love it but I genuinely have a passion for this album. It might well be because I got into TD around this time and I remember traveling to Manchester on my own from the Wirral to see my second TD gig, I was sat on my own and I remember feeling a tingle through my spine as I heard the Ambient Monkeys music playing at the start before the gig started, the music was so interesting but at that time I never thought it would ever be available on a CD. I was so happy when it came out on CD.

Anyway as TD fans like their anniverseys, I thought I would start a campagin to have a special 10 year Anniversary edition of Ambient Monkeys in a special edition copy of one for cantosis.

Long live the Monkey!!!
epsilon75

Re: AMBIENT MONKEYS

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:Hard to believe but it will be almost 10 years(June 1998) since the release of this interesting album, people always think I am crazy when I say I love it but I genuinely have a passion for this album. It might well be because I got into TD around this time and I remember traveling to Manchester on my own from the Wirral to see my second TD gig, I was sat on my own and I remember feeling a tingle through my spine as I heard the Ambient Monkeys music playing at the start before the gig started, the music was so interesting but at that time I never thought it would ever be available on a CD. I was so happy when it came out on CD.

Anyway as TD fans like their anniverseys, I thought I would start a campagin to have a special 10 year Anniversary edition of Ambient Monkeys in a special edition copy of one for cantosis.

Long live the Monkey!!!
Im certainly not crazy about this CD but as long as people enjoy it why not be crazy about it...........if it floats your boat all well and good 8) :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

My view on it is (and was) that it was recorded as pre-concert ambience, therefore 'for me' it doesn't work anywhere easy.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

It sort of works for me because it brings back happy memories of waiting for TD to arrive on stage during the 1997 tour. The music (if you can call it that), at the time, seemed to help build the tension. Apart from that it's a bit of an oddity but I do play it now and again.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

there is going to be an Ambient Monkeys 2008 CD available from that Eastgate shoppe for 15europeans in August, I believe :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:there is going to be an Ambient Monkeys 2008 CD available from that Eastgate shoppe for 15europeans in August, I believe :wink:
What nationality Mr BM :?:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:
bigmoog wrote:there is going to be an Ambient Monkeys 2008 CD available from that Eastgate shoppe for 15europeans in August, I believe :wink:
What nationality Mr BM :?:

let me ask my plumber :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
jacob

Re: AMBIENT MONKEYS

Post by jacob »

cantosis wrote:Anyway as TD fans like their anniverseys, I thought I would start a campagin to have a special 10 year Anniversary edition of Ambient Monkeys in a special edition copy of one for cantosis.

Long live the Monkey!!!
Make that two ;)

As for pre-concert music, anyone else remembered the music at the SBE 2005? I could swear that Aqua2005 was played very quietly.

At the Tempodrom I heard something by Enya and Yes.

There also exists some bootleg material claiming to be pre-concert music for the Warsaw 2001 show. Two parts called Air Mix and Water Mix in a 'New Age Extreme' style, which in my ears just don't sound like TD to me... also a near 40 minutes piece called 'Maroubra Bay Part 2 - Pantha Rhei' in the same style, exist but still not with many TD/EF trademarks or similiarities....

Anyone here knows more? (I hope the post is not against the forum's policy)