Tangram & Hyperborea Re-released

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Views from a Red Train (2008 and a bit)?

BM trembles with stiffness.......

this is the great thing about tdee, you never know whats around the corner :arrow:
your credit card bill? ;)

5 pages long as well :roll:
...The wise.....are silent.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:
bigmoog wrote:Im sitting here shaking, Im absolutely scared STIFF

tangram 2008, hyperborea 2008, im fine with it, rilly,......but GULP...whats next :arrow: :arrow:
Dear Edgar

I await with great anticipation the release of "Rubycon 2010" 35th anniversery edition with Bonus disc of the "Rubycon Sessions". :idea: :P

Now im getting over excited :arrow:

Im sure this is in the works.........I feel it, its inevitable.....surely
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Views from a Red Train (2008 and a bit)?

this is the great thing about tdee, you never know whats around the corner :arrow:
Actually we all missed a trick. Had we waited to join TDOC we could have introduced each other and got two free CD. Doh!!!
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I'll probably order them but i have to be honest i'm not that keen on re-recording especially a classic like Tangram................. :?
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

bigmoog wrote:'
tangram 2008, hyperborea 2008, im fine with it, rilly,......but GULP...whats next :arrow: :arrow:
One could suspect that a re-recording of Logos might not be far away?
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:

Actually we all missed a trick. Had we waited to join TDOC we could have introduced each other and got two free CD. Doh!!!

well you could actually save yourself 2 euro by rejoining as the memebership is 30 euros and the albums are usually 16 euros, well some of them are anyway :D
jacob

Post by jacob »

I have just listened to the 2008 excerpts of Tangram Set II (TDOC and Chin Part from Booster) and the three excerpts on Tangents.

Even if this new re-recording "just" glues the loose ends, we already know as above, together and add some re-recorded bridges and parts I will be extremely happy, as I think they are musically more exciting than the original LP.

As for Hyperborea 2008: if the new side 1 is the same as the Tangent tracks and side 2 is a merge between Hyper Sphinx and Sphinx Red Lightning, it will still be better than the original for me, I guess. (a similar fan made project from last year actually was based on that idea, in a remixed form).

So I warmly welcome these two releases with great anticipation.
DaveAS

Post by DaveAS »

tdfan wrote:
Am I the only one who shuddered at the thought of a modern "reimagining" of Logos? :shock:

Who does Edgar think he is? George Lucas? ;-)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

jacob wrote:I have just listened to the 2008 excerpts of Tangram Set II (TDOC and Chin Part from Booster) and the three excerpts on Tangents.

Even if this new re-recording "just" glues the loose ends, we already know as above, together and add some re-recorded bridges and parts I will be extremely happy, as I think they are musically more exciting than the original LP.

As for Hyperborea 2008: if the new side 1 is the same as the Tangent tracks and side 2 is a merge between Hyper Sphinx and Sphinx Red Lightning, it will still be better than the original for me, I guess. (a similar fan made project from last year actually was based on that idea, in a remixed form).

And I warmly welcome you back ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

DaveAS wrote:
tdfan wrote:
Am I the only one who shuddered at the thought of a modern "reimagining" of Logos? :shock:

I didnt shudder, I fell off my perch.

ImHO, all live recordings from all eras, should not be reimagined, cleaned up and remastered (such as the BBs) yes, but reimagined? no thanks
24db

Post by 24db »

DaveAS wrote:
tdfan wrote:

bit late for that, didn't Jerome beat him to it?
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:I have just listened to the 2008 excerpts of Tangram Set II (TDOC and Chin Part from Booster) and the three excerpts on Tangents.

Totally agree and I'll add that Hyperborea was never a huge hit with me...in fact IMHO Edgar can do whatever he likes with it...Kenny G Saxs, trippet bongo patterns, Bernhard tuning up (with or without functioning guitar) or 15 minute cockney spoon or triangle solos...I don't mind ;) Seriously though I really do like the current remixed snippets we've heard so far. They don't replace the originals and if they don't sound like your container of brown beverage don't buy them...at the current rate they'll be another 3 albums along in a month or two and we all need to save the (insert your local currency here) for a concert or two...coming...er...soonish
Last edited by 24db on Mon May 19, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:wink:

BM requests increase in credit card limit [again]
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:

Totally agree and I'll add that Hyperborea was never a huge hit with me...in fact IMHO Edgar can do whatever he likes with it...Kenny G Saxs, trippet bongo patterns, Bernhard tuning up (with or without functioning guitar) or 15 minute cockney spoon or triangle solos...I don't mind ;) Seriously though I really do like the current remixed snippets we've heard so far. They don't replace the originals and if they don't sound like your container of brown beverage don't buy them...at the current rate they'll be another 3 albums along in a month or two and we all need to save the (insert your local currency here) for a concert or two...coming...er...soonish
I wish the Atomic Seasons series would be completed before rehashing the oldies.
rattymouse

Re: Tangram & Hyperborea Re-released

Post by rattymouse »

epsilon75 wrote:Both Tangram & Hyperborea have been re-released on the Eastgate label and are available in the TD store.........both are limited to 2000 copies

https://www.ssl-id.de/edgarfroese.de/sh ... &g2=f905dc

Thanks to the General for the heads-up 8) :D
Any ideas why these editions are limited?? What possible reason is there for this?