Private Music rerecordings

rattymouse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Private Music rerecordings

Post by rattymouse »

Which of the Private Years albums were rerecorded? I have never once seen a copy of a rerecorded album from this time. Did they use the same album covers? Did they have updated liner notes? was Jerome part of these?

Seems to me these might be some pretty rare albums.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

What Happen too Private Music?

:!: :arrow:
jacob

Re: Private Music rerecordings

Post by jacob »

rattymouse wrote:Which of the Private Years albums were rerecorded? I have never once seen a copy of a rerecorded album from this time. Did they use the same album covers? Did they have updated liner notes? was Jerome part of these?

The Melrose Years has re-recorded versions of Optical Race, Lily On The Beach and Melrose. It comes in one digipack with a new cover.

Destination Berlin from the download shop says to be re-recorded. I can't tell the difference. It has a new cover, and it looks very good.

Miracle Mile is not re-recorded.
rattymouse

Re: Private Music rerecordings

Post by rattymouse »

jacob wrote:
rattymouse wrote:Which of the Private Years albums were rerecorded? I have never once seen a copy of a rerecorded album from this time. Did they use the same album covers? Did they have updated liner notes? was Jerome part of these?

The Melrose Years has re-recorded versions of Optical Race, Lily On The Beach and Melrose. It comes in one digipack with a new cover.

Destination Berlin from the download shop says to be re-recorded. I can't tell the difference. It has a new cover, and it looks very good.

Miracle Mile is not re-recorded.
Thanks for the quick response. Are these re-recordings of any significance? are they better?
jacob

Post by jacob »

I would say, the are okay as such, but not better, you can do with one version actually.
timer

Post by timer »

Whether re-recordings are good or not is ,surely, down to the listener.

contrary to other opinions on the Forum (which I totally respect) I like Pheadra 2005, but I also like the original, niether is better than the other, it's just a different interpretation.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

I agree, Tim, about sound quality being subjective... I quite like the quality of the re-recordings, but the originals were already quite strong IMHO.

The main problem I had with the re-releases was the changed track order. If I were to come to the albums for the first time, it would not matter, but I am so used to the original track orders, that I become very unsettled when the next track to play is not what I expected.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

And of course although listed "Ruling The Waves" did not appear :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.