Tangram & Hyperborea Re-released

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote:
jacob wrote:I have just listened to the 2008 excerpts of Tangram Set II (TDOC and Chin Part from Booster) and the three excerpts on Tangents.

Even if this new re-recording "just" glues the loose ends, we already know as above, together and add some re-recorded bridges and parts I will be extremely happy, as I think they are musically more exciting than the original LP.

As for Hyperborea 2008: if the new side 1 is the same as the Tangent tracks and side 2 is a merge between Hyper Sphinx and Sphinx Red Lightning, it will still be better than the original for me, I guess. (a similar fan made project from last year actually was based on that idea, in a remixed form).

So I warmly welcome these two releases with great anticipation.
Totally agree and I'll add that Hyperborea was never a huge hit with me...in fact IMHO Edgar can do whatever he likes with it...Kenny G Saxs, trippet bongo patterns, Bernhard tuning up (with or without functioning guitar) or 15 minute cockney spoon or triangle solos...I don't mind ;) Seriously though I really do like the current remixed snippets we've heard so far. They don't replace the originals and if they don't sound like your container of brown beverage don't buy them...at the current rate they'll be another 3 albums along in a month or two and we all need to save the (insert your local currency here) for a concert or two...coming...er...soonish
I wish the Atomic Seasons series would be completed before rehashing the oldies.
it was being worked on approx 1 week ago
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote: Totally agree and I'll add that Hyperborea was never a huge hit with me...in fact IMHO Edgar can do whatever he likes with it...Kenny G Saxs, trippet bongo patterns, Bernhard tuning up (with or without functioning guitar) or 15 minute cockney spoon or triangle solos...I don't mind ;) Seriously though I really do like the current remixed snippets we've heard so far. They don't replace the originals and if they don't sound like your container of brown beverage don't buy them...at the current rate they'll be another 3 albums along in a month or two and we all need to save the (insert your local currency here) for a concert or two...coming...er...soonish
I wish the Atomic Seasons series would be completed before rehashing the oldies.
EF better hurry....that guy is 82 or 83. He wont live forever.
24db

Post by 24db »

rattymouse wrote:
24db wrote:
rattymouse wrote: I wish the Atomic Seasons series would be completed before rehashing the oldies.
EF better hurry....that guy is 82 or 83. He wont live forever.
er....
jacob

Post by jacob »

I think RM, means that "H.T." the Japanese businessman won't live forever.
cantosis

Re: Tangram & Hyperborea Re-released

Post by cantosis »

rattymouse wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Both Tangram & Hyperborea have been re-released on the Eastgate label and are available in the TD store.........both are limited to 2000 copies

https://www.ssl-id.de/edgarfroese.de/sh ... &g2=f905dc

Thanks to the General for the heads-up 8) :D
Any ideas why these editions are limited?? What possible reason is there for this?

maybe Edgar needs to clear his overdraft quickly
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I hope so :lol: :lol:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote:
DaveAS wrote:
tdfan wrote: One could suspect that a re-recording of Logos might not be far away?
Am I the only one who shuddered at the thought of a modern "reimagining" of Logos? :shock:

Who does Edgar think he is? George Lucas? ;-)

I didnt shudder, I fell off my perch.

ImHO, all live recordings from all eras, should not be reimagined, cleaned up and remastered (such as the BBs) yes, but reimagined? no thanks
Yep I had a little bit of a judder......

....but then again we've never had a full studio version of Logos.
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:I think RM, means that "H.T." the Japanese businessman won't live forever.
cheers matey
Nero

Post by Nero »

Don't you know that the world's oldest people live in Japan?
So many people become 100 to 120 years old!!
Edgar just seems to be an optimist!!:-)

But I remember that there was a message here some weeks ago that AUTUMN IN HIROSHIMA will be released in July. 8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Nero wrote:Don't you know that the world's oldest people live in Japan?

But I remember that there was a message here some weeks ago that AUTUMN IN HIROSHIMA will be released in July. 8)
was that from the same source that said TD will play london in October? if so take it with a pinch of salt :lol:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:

was that from the same source that said TD will play london in October? if so take it with a pinch of salt :lol:
The BM been in his crystal ball again :mrgreen:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

jacob wrote:I think RM, means that "H.T." the Japanese businessman won't live forever.
Exactly.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

You're right. EF has a good 30 years to finish the series then.
Michael66

Re: Tangram & Hyperborea Re-released

Post by Michael66 »

rattymouse wrote:Any ideas why these editions are limited?? What possible reason is there for this?
Creating an impression of scarcity is one of the golden rules of marketing - stuff sells better and faster then ...
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Well as soon as I got back and saw that these two were available I sighed heavily first then a couple of clicks of the mouse and bought them. I am a kinda completist but IMO theres far too many releases in such a short space of time. I'm lucky at the moment that I can afford them but next year or thereafter things may change financially in the Sparrow household.