band membership history?

TheXFactor
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

band membership history?

Post by TheXFactor »

Take a look at this link for the upcoming ELECTRONIC MAGIC OF TANGERINE DREAM 2 CD set:

http://www.groove.nl/cd/7/71537.html

Specifically, the product info at the bottom. All the members of The Ones and TD are listed, but the 1969 lineup of Edgar Froese, Steve Jolliffe, and Klaus Schulze is conspicuously missing. I suppose that the double entry of Froese/Schnitzler/Schulze in both 1969 and 1970 could be a mistake and the last 1969 entry should read Froese/Jolliffe/Schulze.

Thoughts anyone?

Also, does anyone know if Ultima Thule Parts 1 and 2 are the original versions? Ditto for the two tracks by The Ones now that I think about it.
Are any of the other tracks on this release from the pre-Phaedra era? Weird too that an Edgar solo track ('Maroubra Bay') was included.

And just for the sake of discussion, does anyone know what's on the 7" single included with the LP version?

http://www.groove.nl/cd/4/40253.html

I wonder if we'll ever see an official release of the original versions of both 'Overture' and 'Oszillator Planet Concert'?
timer

Post by timer »

Looks to me that it may be down to credits for the tracks on the CDs rather than a band member history ? Id have to dig out some CDs to find out ..... and I'll probably be wrong ! :(
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

timer wrote:Looks to me that it may be down to credits for the tracks on the CDs rather than a band member history ? Id have to dig out some CDs to find out ..... and I'll probably be wrong ! :(

That could be, however I don't ever recall 'Rare Bird' being performed live in 1988.

"All titles are composed, recorded, re-recorded and performed live between 1969 and 1984 except Rare Bird performed in 1988"

You'd think that Paul Haslinger and Ralf Wadephul would be credited as a members as well then.
timer

Post by timer »

TheXFactor wrote:
timer wrote:Looks to me that it may be down to credits for the tracks on the CDs rather than a band member history ? Id have to dig out some CDs to find out ..... and I'll probably be wrong ! :(

That could be, however I don't ever recall 'Rare Bird' being performed live in 1988.

"All titles are composed, recorded, re-recorded and performed live between 1969 and 1984 except Rare Bird performed in 1988"

You'd think that Paul Haslinger and Ralf Wadephul would be credited as a members as well then.

You are totally right , and I said i'd probably be wrong ! ,

Interesting point....
24db

Re: band membership history?

Post by 24db »

TheXFactor wrote:Take a look at this link for the upcoming ELECTRONIC MAGIC OF TANGERINE DREAM 2 CD set:

http://www.groove.nl/cd/7/71537.html

Specifically, the product info at the bottom. All the members of The Ones and TD are listed, but the 1969 lineup of Edgar Froese, Steve Jolliffe, and Klaus Schulze is conspicuously missing. I suppose that the double entry of Froese/Schnitzler/Schulze in both 1969 and 1970 could be a mistake and the last 1969 entry should read Froese/Jolliffe/Schulze.

Thoughts anyone?
looks ok to me, F/J/S never recorded together and 1969 seems to be correct (might be the reason why it's missing?). The F/S/S lineup looks ok as well...1969-1970 (Schulze was in the group for 8 months, and Conrad continued with the group for a while longer including the 17 or 18 year old Chris Franke).

Nobody has a complete list of TD lineups. if they think they have they're very wrong
timer

Post by timer »

Nobody has a complete list of TD lineups. if they think they have they're very wrong[/quote]

There are two photo's of line ups in the TDOC gallery that I dont recognise one member in each?.

One is a guitarist (unless it Mark Hornby ?)
The Other is in a line up with EF/JF/LS/ZP ?? :? :? :?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:Nobody has a complete list of TD lineups. if they think they have they're very wrong

There are two photo's of line ups in the TDOC gallery that I dont recognise one member in each?.

One is a guitarist (unless it Mark Hornby ?)
The Other is in a line up with EF/JF/LS/ZP ?? :? :? :?[/quote]

:arrow:
Last edited by epsilon75 on Thu May 29, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Jayney Klimek with EF JF LS ZP
jacob

Post by jacob »

epsilon75 wrote:Jayney Klimek with EF JF LS ZP
Dreamtime is a great pop song! seriously...

I'm hoping that the vocal version of Purple Haze will appear some day... maybe on TDOC ... ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The guitarist is Milan Polak who played with TD on the 1995 concert in LA

http://www.milanpolak.com/
jacob

Post by jacob »

epsilon75 wrote:The guitarist is Milan Polak who played with TD on the 1995 concert in LA
Milan Polak wrote:On the 12th of July 1995 I played with the band "Tangerine Dream" in Los Angeles at the SIR Theater to present their release "Tyranny of Beauty".
timer

Post by timer »

thanks for clearing that up guys - appreciated, i'll be able to have snug nights kip now. :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

jacob wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:The guitarist is Milan Polak who played with TD on the 1995 concert in LA
Milan Polak wrote:On the 12th of July 1995 I played with the band "Tangerine Dream" in Los Angeles at the SIR Theater to present their release "Tyranny of Beauty".
I have DVD-r of this and its of decent quality :arrow:
jacob

Post by jacob »

epsilon75 wrote:
jacob wrote:
I have DVD-r of this and its of decent quality :arrow:
Speak up! I'm all ears :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I will mail you tomorrow :wink: