New TD 3-LP Box-set

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

:P :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

DSJR wrote:
Yeah, a lot of truths in that, but no comment on how good decent digital recordings and discs are, especially in the classical music domain.

Regarding mastering, you guys CAN'T tell me that ATEM sounds better on original OHR vinyl compared to the current TD remastered CD, you just CAN'T! because it doesn't. The LP sounds muffled and "small" by comparison (I haven't bought the remastered Zeit yet, but I shall at some point!)

As for Phaedra and Rubycon on LP, forget it, excepting the wonderful sleeves of course. The sound is thuddy, bland and lacking compared with the Simon Heyworth CD remasters (although he got the track point spectacularly wrong on Pheadra and missed the handclaps on Ricochet pt2).

NAH, I'll stick to me CD's I think for now, 'cos they give me more of the music........
For what it's worth, i've got both Alpha Centauri and Atem on CD, and very recently purchased the Alpha Centauri/Atem double vinyl on Virgin from 1976. It's in pretty impressive condition given both discs are now 32 years old.

I don't exaclty have a state of the art turntable..... just an Aiwa turntable from my old system plugged into the AUX on my new Hitachi system....

.......I have to say, after listening to the Alpha Centauri and Atem on CD for the last several years, and having never heard either of them on vinyl before, until today.... it's like listening to 2 different albums.... they're both so much clearer. Of course there's the occasional pop or bit of static.... but unlike the CD versions (both Castle) they don't distort in the louder parts....

I'm not sure if this is down to the fact that the CD's were taken from old master tapes that had maybe aged badly, and the vinyl versions were obviously from a time when the master tapes were younger and in better condition, or if it's simply down to the fact that vinyl is better.....

Any thoughts ??

Also, is Zeit worth getting hold of on Vinyl ???
Be at one with the sequencing.....