KYOTO...a realisation.

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

KYOTO...a realisation.

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

After a heavy night on the Strawberry cider with my work colleagues last night, today was always going to be a chill day.(or as i like to say 'Chillaxing' :-)).

So only pausing for tonights episode of Dr.Who (bloody good werent it?), i decided to pick something from my TD library that, im been really honest here, im not familiar with....KYOTO!!

Now i got this cd a week before the 'Phaedra SBE 05' gig and had alot going on at the time so its had a few spins but hearing it today, its gonna get many more. Think its a good mix between that mid '80s sound and obviously the year it was re-dreamed '05.

Subconsciously, i was trying to find a link between the Kyoto album and S.I.N. or Su.I.N. but the only link is geographical!

I also picked out a 'the park is mine' theme from track two 'Industrial Life'.

Kyoto has gone up in my expectations though...a hefty altitude nose bleeding 6 out of 10. (thats a terrifying score to what it was on before, believe me).

Any thoughts on Kyoto?
timer

Re: KYOTO...a realisation.

Post by timer »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:After a heavy night on the Strawberry cider with my work colleagues last night, today was always going to be a chill day.(or as i like to say 'Chillaxing' :-)).

So only pausing for tonights episode of Dr.Who (bloody good werent it?), i decided to pick something from my TD library that, im been really honest here, im not familiar with....KYOTO!!

Now i got this cd a week before the 'Phaedra SBE 05' gig and had alot going on at the time so its had a few spins but hearing it today, its gonna get many more. Think its a good mix between that mid '80s sound and obviously the year it was re-dreamed '05.

Subconsciously, i was trying to find a link between the Kyoto album and S.I.N. or Su.I.N. but the only link is geographical!

I also picked out a 'the park is mine' theme from track two 'Industrial Life'.

Kyoto has gone up in my expectations though...a hefty altitude nose bleeding 6 out of 10. (thats a terrifying score to what it was on before, believe me).

Any thoughts on Kyoto?

I would have to do the same as you NOL ! without the Strawberry Cider though ! Not a CD that im instantly pulled to but I will give it a spin.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Timer...im usually a Guinness drinker but theres this one pub in town here that does Brothers,Strawberry Cider....and its great!

Back to the music, i consider myself to be very, very open-minded when it comes to music, especially TD. I buy everything!! (may have something to do with a stubborn streak running in my family also), but looking through my collection, i picked out a few others that may get a few spins...see if i can coax myself into their majesty! :-)

So here goes my list of slightly not played as many times as they should be list: Kyoto(rediscovered), Mota Atma, Paradiso, Transiberia and the title track of Purple Diluvial (sorry, i just cant get into it...:-( )!
timer

Post by timer »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Timer...im usually a Guinness drinker but theres this one pub in town here that does Brothers,Strawberry Cider....and its great!

Back to the music, i consider myself to be very, very open-minded when it comes to music, especially TD. I buy everything!! (may have something to do with a stubborn streak running in my family also), but looking through my collection, i picked out a few others that may get a few spins...see if i can coax myself into their majesty! :-)

So here goes my list of slightly not played as many times as they should be list: Kyoto(rediscovered), Mota Atma, Paradiso, Transiberia and the title track of Purple Diluvial (sorry, i just cant get into it...:-( )!

Well im from the West country England home of cider brewing, and can't stand the stuff.

We have literally 1000's of CDs dotted in various locations around the house (apart from the TD ones , naturally!) and each time i think 'Oh I wouldn't mind listening to that' I discover 10 others that haven't seen the light of day for years.

We also have this strange tendancy to get every TD & EF release going (well I haven't got anything else to spend money on ! :shock: :wink: :lol: )

think I need to check the TD drawers for stuff we haven't heard for a while - starting with Kyoto. 8)
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Timer...im usually a Guinness drinker but theres this one pub in town here that does Brothers,Strawberry Cider....and its great!

Kyoto I love anything to do with JS gets my thumbs up,Mota Atma although not too popular on here I really like. I think Transiberia is a very mediorce release and my big confession is I bought Paradiso at the Berlin concert played once must give this a better chance.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

I've always liked Kyoto from the beginning...There are elements from Johannes & Edgar throughout & some of the melody lines are catchy... even without the Guinness or Jameson LOL

:!: :D :) 8) :wink: :arrow: Geoff
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Taximan431 wrote:I've always liked Kyoto from the beginning...There are elements from Johannes & Edgar throughout & some of the melody lines are catchy... even without the Guinness or Jameson LOL

:!: :D :) 8) :wink: :arrow: Geoff
Blimey, its just occured to me that this is probably drink related!! ;-)

KYOTO & Guinness, thats not a good mix.

BUT....

Listen to Kyoto after several Strawberry Ciders and bobs your uncle!

Mmm...what other TD albums could be partnered with drinks.

Cupdiscs & tea...obviously.
Whatever you drink with Hyperboria would have to include ice?
jacob

Post by jacob »

Kyoto is an oustanding album. I wonder if this was Edgar's announced 'Kabuki' album, judging from the cover artwork.
Melodically exciting, and in terms of sound quality, one of TD's best productions (lately).
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I was cautious of Kyoto, initially, because I thought this might be more bananarama old stuff. I was pleasantly surprised. Evocative of the era it purports to have been written in, I was taken back to my favourite era of TD. 8/10 from me. :D
24db

Post by 24db »

it's funny to realise that Johannes had to bake his tapes to make them playable on this album
redziller

Post by redziller »

Love this one but Tamago Yaki is an absolute jewel IMHO
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:it's funny to realise that Johannes had to bake his tapes to make them playable on this album
Gas mark 6 for 20 minutes ! what a thought ! :shock:
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:
24db wrote:it's funny to realise that Johannes had to bake his tapes to make them playable on this album
I'm not kidding, but you probably know that
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
timer wrote:
I'm not kidding, but you probably know that
Indeed :D
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Sad and scary thing is, they will only be playable the once... so I prey to god the digital recorders worked okay.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!