Paradiso ~ track listing?

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Paradiso ~ track listing?

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

This has been puzzleing me for ages so i hope someone here can help me out?

Is there a common error on the Paradiso cd?

Disc One of my set has 7 tracks yet the cover states 8, starting with La Grande Spirale and finishing with Jupiter Lightning.

Disc Two of my set states 8 tracks but has 7 starting with La Forza del Saturno and finishing with Leaving.

Naturally i presumed the cd's were the wrong way round but disc one, track two, according to the cover, is Beyond Sodom & Gomorrha and this track definetly contains lyrics containing these words.

Confusion Reigns!?

I hate to think ive had this cd since its release and have been listening to it in the wrong order for all this time....imagine Summer in Nagasaki kicking of with 11:03am and been followed by Presentiment?!
Hyperboreauk

Re: Paradiso ~ track listing?

Post by Hyperboreauk »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:This has been puzzleing me for ages so i hope someone here can help me out?

Is there a common error on the Paradiso cd?

Disc One of my set has 7 tracks yet the cover states 8, starting with La Grande Spirale and finishing with Jupiter Lightning.

Disc Two of my set states 8 tracks but has 7 starting with La Forza del Saturno and finishing with Leaving.

Naturally i presumed the cd's were the wrong way round but disc one, track two, according to the cover, is Beyond Sodom & Gomorrha and this track definetly contains lyrics containing these words.

Confusion Reigns!?

I hate to think ive had this cd since its release and have been listening to it in the wrong order for all this time....imagine Summer in Nagasaki kicking of with 11:03am and been followed by Presentiment?!
Cannot help you Mike only ever played it once :oops:
24db

Post by 24db »

From memory all the tracks are in the right order...it's just the sleeve notes that don't tie with the CDs. So the last track from disc 1 is the first track on CD 2.

Unless somebody else can correct me?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:From memory all the tracks are in the right order...it's just the sleeve notes that don't tie with the CDs. So the last track from disc 1 is the first track on CD 2.

You are spot on...........the sleeve notes are in-correct :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:From memory all the tracks are in the right order...it's just the sleeve notes that don't tie with the CDs. So the last track from disc 1 is the first track on CD 2.

I think it's been mentioned a couple of times before mate
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

I think it's been mentioned a couple of times before mate

Yes,there is a thread here somewhere............
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
jacob

Post by jacob »

epsilon75 wrote:

You are right, but the titles are very misguiding as the tracks Jupiter Lightning and Leaving are not sung in English. (but then again all titles on Purgatorio were English). I checked with the download version of Paradiso, and that confirms your point.
Also for a long time I thought disc two opened with "A Cielo della Luna", judging from what Iris sings, but as the title best translates into Italian, I can rule that out, as I pretty much believe Iris only sings in Spanish and leaves the Italian to the opera singers.

Unfortunately, not only the track listing was messed up on Paradiso, the mixing and production belongs to the most sloppy in TD's history. And that's a real shame, as there's magnificent moments on there, especially the more pop oriented songs. When we get the DVD of the Brandenburg gig(s), I hope the orchestra is better incorporated.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/