Best TD music for city hiking

rattymouse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Best TD music for city hiking

Post by rattymouse »

If there is a better TD album for city hiking than Architecture in Motion, I havent found it. God I love walking a city listening to this recording on noise cancelling headphones!! I am sooo addicted to it. It gives me energy even when I have walked myself into total exhaustion. Next best albums are DM2, DM4 and DM3.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Must admit that I am a huge fan of DM2,DM3 and DM4. Great music for walking anywhere.
"Sydney till I Die"
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

When I used to do a lot of driving I had the DM series on tapes in the car. It's great stuff for long distance driving. Possibly because they are quite jolly ad the music can cut through any road noise.
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

I don't think I've ever heard Tangerine Dreams music described as "quite jolly" before
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

HYPERBOREA wrote:I don't think I've ever heard Tangerine Dreams music described as "quite jolly" before
Wehay!!!

Another first.

...off now to the patent office. :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
HYPERBOREA wrote:I don't think I've ever heard Tangerine Dreams music described as "quite jolly" before
Wehay!!!

Another first.

what about "Stratosfear 08" the "Quite Jolly" remake 8) :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Wehay!!!

Another first.

what about "Stratosfear 08" the "Quite Jolly" remake 8) :wink:
I'll let you have that one since I haven't quite made it to the patent office yet. :wink:
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

For me Transsiberia and Mota Atma also works perfectly for this purpose :arrow: :arrow:
tdream4ever

Walkin in Berlin

Post by tdream4ever »

I remember back in 1988 or 89, I was in West Berlin (pre wall comin down), I was playing a custom made cassette tape in a walkman(remember them) walkin the streets of West Berlin. I came across a advertisement on the streets of an electronic music convention going on that very same day with Tangerine Dream being the main subject. So I headed on over to the convention hall with my custom TD tape(cuts from Thief, Hyperborea, Tangram, Richocet and more) and had a great time checkin out all the equipment and cd's and other interesting items. Wow! I thought. I lucked out. Tripin in Berlin and checkin out a TD electronic show.
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

I prefer a bike to a hike, but I agree about the Dream Mixes working well for the purpose. Maybe DM1 rather than DM4, here. Other faves include Poland, White Eagle, Oasis, 220 Volt, and any '86 live recordings. Oh, and "The Jogger". 8)

I've also made a few "seasonal" TD mixdisks for the same‪…
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

Tropylium wrote:I prefer a bike to a hike, but I agree about the Dream Mixes working well for the purpose. Maybe DM1 rather than DM4, here. Other faves include Poland, White Eagle, Oasis, 220 Volt, and any '86 live recordings. Oh, and "The Jogger". 8)

I also use TD as cycling music. I keep a playlist of cycling music on my mp3 player, and it includes lots of TD! (Kraftwerk is also good biking music)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:
Tropylium wrote:I prefer a bike to a hike, but I agree about the Dream Mixes working well for the purpose. Maybe DM1 rather than DM4, here. Other faves include Poland, White Eagle, Oasis, 220 Volt, and any '86 live recordings. Oh, and "The Jogger". 8)

I also use TD as cycling music. I keep a playlist of cycling music on my mp3 player, and it includes lots of TD! (Kraftwerk is also good biking music)
I do a lot of cycling but don't listen to music whilst I do it sadly, it's just too darned risky with the traffic. I'd love to take my mp3 player with me when I cycle but would probably be knocked off my bike. :cry: