Livemiles intro.

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Livemiles intro.

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

another query thats been bugging me for years.
Does anyone know whos voice it is at the beginning of Livemiles Part Two who says '1st August 1987, Republik Square, West Berlin'. ?
jacob

Re: Livemiles intro.

Post by jacob »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:another query thats been bugging me for years.
Does anyone know whos voice it is at the beginning of Livemiles Part Two who says '1st August 1987, Republik Square, West Berlin'. ?
I think it's Monika Froese, at least that's what somebody have speculated.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
sparrow

Re: Livemiles intro.

Post by sparrow »

jacob wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:another query thats been bugging me for years.
I think it's Monika Froese, at least that's what somebody have speculated.
I always wondered that too. The womans voice does have a slight American accent to my ears.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I'm quite sure that's an american voice, not Monica Froese.
Tangram Fan

Get ready to laugh, but......

Post by Tangram Fan »

......I seem to remember that in a reply to that question in the FIRST TD sponsored International Fan Club, the answer to that question was that the voice was none other than.......wait for it......Jerome Froese!!! Lest we all remember, that recording was 20(!!!!) years ago!!!! He was a lot younger back then, and, well, so was I, and you, you and, well, YOU!!! :twisted:
Everything is beautiful, once you open your eyes!
hansx

Re: Get ready to laugh, but......

Post by hansx »

Tangram Fan wrote:......I seem to remember that in a reply to that question in the FIRST TD sponsored International Fan Club, the answer to that question was that the voice was none other than.......wait for it......Jerome Froese!!! Lest we all remember, that recording was 20(!!!!) years ago!!!! He was a lot younger back then, and, well, so was I, and you, you and, well, YOU!!! :twisted:
hmm, never thought of that. But could be. And indeed I am 20 years older now and more grey. :(
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

interesting but im sure even at sixteen, jerome didnt round like an american woman! :-(
24db

Post by 24db »

Never read about Jerome being on that album....and I own ALL of the old TDIFC magazines
homeless

Post by homeless »

Maybe American, but I also detect a European lilt in her voice.

Also, completely and totally disinterested and getting ready
for her bed by the sound of her vocal enthusiasm.

Cheer up girl!

homeless
manticore

Post by manticore »

so who was the mexican speaking guy on the other track?
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:Never read about Jerome being on that album....and I own ALL of the old TDIFC magazines
never read it either and I don't believe it also. But on the other hand there is a lot possible with sampling, even in those days.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

I seem to recall reading (somewhere) that it was someone from the record label.
Jon

Post by Jon »

It sure ain't Jerome! :lol:
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

regarding the intro on Livemiles part one. Im sure i had in either the Dream Roots box or I-box box booklets a picture of Froese/Franke/Haslinger with the guy who apparently introduced the Alburquerque show...and do you think i can find that picture now? Can i heck.

While we're on the subject of Livemiles, i saw TD at the Hammy Odeon on the 86 tour. Remember the joint TD logo on the tour programme? Well when Tyger appeared in the shops i nearly had kittens because i thought it was a live album of that show....the next album after that was Livemiles and none of the music on that album is remotely close to what was played on the uk leg of the tour. I had a couple of 'boot cassettes' of the show i went to but was over the moon when we got the Vault:Brighton release. I remember the bass been so loud (not in a bad way) at the Hammersmith show that our seats shook!

Fond memories of my first TD show.
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:regarding the intro on Livemiles part one. Im sure i had in either the Dream Roots box or I-box box booklets a picture of Froese/Franke/Haslinger with the guy who apparently introduced the Alburquerque show...and do you think i can find that picture now? Can i heck.

While we're on the subject of Livemiles, i saw TD at the Hammy Odeon on the 86 tour. Remember the joint TD logo on the tour programme? Well when Tyger appeared in the shops i nearly had kittens because i thought it was a live album of that show....the next album after that was Livemiles and none of the music on that album is remotely close to what was played on the uk leg of the tour. I had a couple of 'boot cassettes' of the show i went to but was over the moon when we got the Vault:Brighton release. I remember the bass been so loud (not in a bad way) at the Hammersmith show that our seats shook!

Fond memories of my first TD show.
great show (I was there)...well the second half anyway, totally OTT powerful performance from the masters of EM