PETER GABRIEL

hansx
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by hansx »

As a Genesisfan of course I like him. But I think his output is not very large if you look to the years he is solo now. It takes him years before he finishes an album. The quality is however always very high.
David Ryle

Post by David Ryle »

"The Gabe" is an all-time favorite. I was lucky to have known the fellow running his mix board for the first tour in the USA and world wide. I got to shake his hand on one of the wireless mic runs through the audience. and my cousing went on the tour with them. He is a genuinly nice guy with a creative streak a mile wide. "Biko" is one of the greatest unity tunes ever and "Salsbury Hill' is timeless.

PG broke the mold on several fronts. His use of inexpensive electronic music tools coupled with very expensive electronics (think PAIA drum machines and Fairlight samplers) brought about a unique sound that is still considered "cutting edge". As was mentioned earlier his "ethnic" influences are famous and even in the early Genesis days the use of theatrical underpinnings was groundbreaking.

Gabriel is the most influential promoters of concience-driven causes, and got an early jump on things to come with his DIY attitude. Now most musicians are essentially locked into an "Indy" framework like TD is with their own label and promotional mechanisms. Of course there are exceptions such as the tiny minority of giant label artists, but most innovative music is coming from independants now. Gabe made it chic.
Two glasses Australian Shiraz, roaring fireplace, my Linda in arms and Rubycon on the player = BLISS
hansx

Post by hansx »

David Ryle wrote: Gabriel is the most influential promoters of concience-driven causes, and got an early jump on things to come with his DIY attitude. Now most musicians are essentially locked into an "Indy" framework like TD is with their own label and promotional mechanisms. Of course there are exceptions such as the tiny minority of giant label artists, but most innovative music is coming from independants now. Gabe made it chic.
That is why he makes so little music for his own mind. it all takes so much time. Shame.
har

Post by har »

Gabriels voice is unmatched by any other human imho.

Definitive rock music for me.

So
and
Secret World Live

Classic, brilliant, Moving Stuff :!:

Will he ever rescue the current Genesis :roll:
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

I recently bought "So". It's my first Peter Gabriel album. I have never liked "Sledgehammer" but "In Your Eyes" is a masterpiece in it's genre.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

har wrote:Gabriels voice is unmatched by any other human imho.

So
and
Secret World Live

Secret World "Live" is a fantastic album & DVD......top class 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
har wrote:Gabriels voice is unmatched by any other human imho.

So
and
Secret World Live

Secret World "Live" is a fantastic album & DVD......top class 8)
Peter Gabriel is pretty darned good at doing something "different" on stage. Puts many of the others to shame really.
har

Post by har »

Chris Monk wrote: Peter Gabriel is pretty darned good at doing something "different" on stage. Puts many of the others to shame really.
One of the first "real" "massive" gigs I achieved when I was a young lad ( :D ) was Gabriel at the Playhouse, Embra.

Jumping about on monkey bars to "shock the monkey", getting passed round the crowd, Tony Levin on stick bass, singing San Jacinto, live, to me.

Blimey. Earth Shattering experience.

Some dude Gabriel 8)