Das Romantische Opfer

Beaubourg
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Beaubourg »

prophetfive wrote::D :D A well designed poster, says Debs. She should know, she does that stuff for a living. :wink: :arrow:
I like the design - I only wish they'd leave the pics of the band members off of them now and again.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I stopped getting posters as i found that i couldn't (or wasn't allowed) to do anything with them.
So i tend to go for the Music rather than the memorabilia nowadays
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
ant

Post by ant »

:) To me, the point of buying them is that they have theirs pics on them and are signed, that's what makes them collectible IMHO. You can of course buy Edgar's Zoom-O's without any interference, if you can afford them that is!! :D
Biggus Dickus
24db

Post by 24db »

Beaubourg wrote:I've got several dozen items framed - and I'm kick poor because of it. (The larger ones can cost upwards of $200 a piece.)

:shock:
respect to you, Conrad and Stuart
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

ant wrote::) To me, the point of buying them is that they have theirs pics on them and are signed, that's what makes them collectible IMHO. You can of course buy Edgar's Zoom-O's without any interference, if you can afford them that is!! :D
Yeah, they're collectible, but only if one plans to unleash them one day. My collection is with me to stay (plus, by mounting them, I've pretty much reduced their value to zero). :-)

I'll post some pics soon (finally got a dig. camera).

And of course, if anyone has any posters they'd like to sell, please contact me at livemiles70@hotmail.com!
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

24db wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:I've got several dozen items framed - and I'm kick poor because of it. (The larger ones can cost upwards of $200 a piece.)

:shock:
respect to you, Conrad and Stuart
And much respect to your collection!
timer

Post by timer »

Weve got a larger than average Turn of the Tides Poster - fully Auto'd, problem is weve gpot through two clip frames for it already - the first I knelt on !!! :roll: :oops:

The second cracked across the middle ! :evil:

You can probably guess that this has be returned to it's tube !!
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

The database iTunes uses to identify albums and artists calls the track on this EP Siren by the artists Chris Watson & Alec Finlay.

That is weird!
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

rattymouse wrote:The database iTunes uses to identify albums and artists calls the track on this EP Siren by the artists Chris Watson & Alec Finlay.

That is weird!
Yes i know i got this as well it does throw up a few oddballs at times :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

alipaul wrote:
rattymouse wrote:The database iTunes uses to identify albums and artists calls the track on this EP Siren by the artists Chris Watson & Alec Finlay.

That is weird!
Yes i know i got this as well it does throw up a few oddballs at times :shock:
There was a very interesting scandal in the classical music world that was revealed by iTunes. What happened was that there was this guy who was releasing many recordings of his deceased wife. She was a classical pianist if I remember right. Anyways, there a lot of albums being released, all on CD. When these albums were loaded into iTunes, a different name was appearing rather than the name on the CD cover. A person tracked down a recording with this other person's name and analyzed it carefully. It turned out that the husband of this woman was releasing recordings by other people under his wife's name!! All this was discovered because of iTunes. Amazing.
24db

Post by 24db »

Gonna have to give this another spin later
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:Gonna have to give this another spin later
OK, I'm standing by....
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Got my copy off ebay today at a reasonable price, have played it twice so far and its another solid slice of TD.

I can imagine that for those who had the good fortune of going to the Loreley concert that listening to the CD on the return home that it this would be the icing on the cake.

The first half for some obscure reason conjours up images/memories of parts of Logos (side 2) and Specific Gravity of Smile, the excellent guitar solo in the closing 4 mins is a fitting conclusion to the track (may Edgar continue to trip over his guitar on the way into the recording studio).

I must admit the track doesn't quite jump out an punch you in the face on first listening but it will definately absorb into the bloodstream with repeated listenings. Looking forward to 1st November and hopefully another mini-cupdisc (or more) awaits......
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
24db

Post by 24db »

I like the first 4 minutes :D
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:I like the first 4 minutes :D
Dont like the guitar?