Electronic Magic Off... Anthology

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

prophetfive wrote::? :? I've just ordered all 276 delayed versions of whatever this band has just released on vinyl/rubber/plastic/recyclable edition etc. :oops: :shock: :wink: :arrow:
the missus will be pleased when they arrive :D
timer

Post by timer »

The UK Vinyl edition has apparetly been shelved for the time being - CDS
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:The UK Vinyl edition has apparetly been shelved for the time being - CDS
Wallet breathes easier :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

timer wrote:The UK Vinyl edition has apparetly been shelved for the time being - CDS
I got the Yankie-doodle-dandy version ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Lucky you :P
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
It's not bad...provided you squint and pretend to forget what you paid for it :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: I got the Yankie-doodle-dandy version ;)
It's not bad...provided you squint and pretend to forget what you paid for it :)
Im totally skint mate...........blew the readies i had in Loreley :cry:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Lucky you :P
Yikes...sorry to hear that, mind you at least you saw a good TD gig
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: It's not bad...provided you squint and pretend to forget what you paid for it :)
Yikes...sorry to hear that, mind you at least you saw a good TD gig
To right......excellent it was :P
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

24db wrote:
Me too - I got it through my local dealer and at a quite fair price also since I paid Nkr 279 (about GBP 27) :)
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

Is it right that there are two different versions of the LP and CD-set? One version called "Ultima Thule" and one version called "Electronic Magic Off? I was looking in several shops and on ebay for it and did not know what really exists. There are also different covers for the two versions.

And could it be that there are different vinyl formats for the two versions. My info is that the version "Electronic Magic Off" has two 7" singles and a 10" single with 4 tracks and that the version "Ultima Thule" has two 10" single and a 12" LP with more tracks.

Can anybody help me please? :?
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

phaedra1974 wrote:Is it right that there are two different versions of the LP and CD-set? One version called "Ultima Thule" and one version called "Electronic Magic Off? I was looking in several shops and on ebay for it and did not know what really exists. There are also different covers for the two versions.

And could it be that there are different vinyl formats for the two versions. My info is that the version "Electronic Magic Off" has two 7" singles and a 10" single with 4 tracks and that the version "Ultima Thule" has two 10" single and a 12" LP with more tracks.

Can anybody help me please? :?
As far as I know there are two versions of the CD-set - "The Electronic Magic of..." made for the US and "Ultima Thule" for the ROTW - and that they are nearly as good as regards content, but with different covers.

I always thought there was only one LP-version issued under the title "The vintage years Anthology" (from Purple Pyrimid, limited to 500 numbered copies) with the following content:
www.discogs.com/release/1389853

I have both the LP-set & US CD-box :D
jacob

Post by jacob »

I ordered the "Electronic Magic of TD" 2-CD from eBay for 20.50$ including postage. I got it today, and must say I'm actually quite impressed.

It comes in nice, good looking, little box, with sticker, a small badge, and two booklets, with great photos.
The cd's come in clear plastic envelopes. Instead I store the discs and booklets in slim jewel cases. They still fit into the box.

First and foremost I bought it for Asteroid Agenda and Rare Bird (Live 88 ). Nice to hear that the latter track does not include the fatal dropout as heard from the emusic download.
Yes, it's actually the third time I buy this album, if you include "The Anthology Decades - The Space Years Volume 1" (or the other tracks availble on "Nebulous Dawn" and elsewhere.)
... and I'm half tempted to get the vinyl release(s) as well :oops:

One little sidenote... I do take the credits with a grain of salt. I just don't believe for anything in the world that Borealis is from 1975!
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Of course you need to get the vinyl version also, Jacob :wink:
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

the electronic magic of (aka.Ultima Thule) i have been informed is now in stock with my friends at CDS, dundee.
Quite nice packaging and i think they have the vinyl version too for you hardcore vinyl types :-)