TD Album covers

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD Album covers

Post by alipaul »

I was having a tidy up of my TD Cupboard and looking at the covers i was trying to wrack my brains if there were any other bands who consistently produce excellent covers on their albums.

The obvious ones were Pink Floyd & Yes and suggestions ?
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
timer

Re: TD Album covers

Post by timer »

alipaul wrote:I was having a tidy up of my TD Cupboard and looking at the covers i was trying to wrack my brains if there were any other bands who consistently produce excellent covers on their albums.

The obvious ones were Pink Floyd & Yes and suggestions ?

Hawkwind have done some very nice covers for one. 8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I am not a massive Metal fan but loads of bands in that type of music have good covers
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

these are two great covers from my record colelction

alipaul

Post by alipaul »

The Iron Maiden covers are generally well concieved but with TD it's the shear quantity that impresses me
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

What really stands out particularly for the earlier covers was Monique's fabulous photography. She seemed to capture the essence of the music in one evocative shot, and this made these recordings more than a nicely packaged product but an indispensable component of a whole. I can't envisage a ricochet without those three trees, a rubycon without that primordial and elemental image, or edgar's first two solo covers, claustrophobic in their intensity and so beautifully realised. She was an exceptional and talented artist.

Actually thinking about it, Edgar also produced some gems - I keep on thinking he is a musician, but when you look at the covers for Phaedra, Zeit, Alpha Centauri and Cyclone it's clear he is a multi disciplined artist of great ability across many fields. I do wish he'd give us more of that again, rather than the computer generated and photoshopped montages that are currently in fashion on TD covers.
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Porcupine Tree have produced some excellent covers
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Almost all of TD's covers are top notch. I really like it when you get a great cover with brilliant music too. It's the icing on the cake really. My fave cover hast to be Jarre's Oxygene. stunning IMO.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Cocteau Twins and New Order come to mind as good covers. I can always tell their albums just by looking at the artwork.

The same goes for Monique's covers without a doubt.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Klaus Schulze have some excellent covers, especially on his early Brain LP's :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bergen-dreamer wrote:Klaus Schulze have some excellent covers, especially on his early Brain LP's :)
I love the "Timewind" cover 8) 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

epsilon75 wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:Klaus Schulze have some excellent covers, especially on his early Brain LP's :)
I love the "Timewind" cover 8) 8)
Me too, Colin :arrow: "Timewind", together with "Cyborg" are my favourite KS covers :)
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

I personally think that ricochet is the coolest cover ever closely followed by rubicon. The reason that I first started listening to TD was those two covers.
"Sydney till I Die"
razor

Post by razor »

The covers are very important to me aswell. It often reveals/tells the story of what to expect inside the music. Not always, but very often it does :)
"You Laugh At Me Because I'm Diffrent, I Laugh At You Because You're All The Same"
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

there aren't many bands who's artwork I would consider putting up on my walls at home but TD I definitely would. I'm just waiting till I can afford a Zoom-o-graphic.