Livemiles intro.

TangFanIRL
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by TangFanIRL »

21 years ago today.... how time flies! Would love to see a dvd of this concert. Eddie - any chance??? ;-)
24db

Post by 24db »

TangFanIRL wrote:21 years ago today.... how time flies! Would love to see a dvd of this concert. Eddie - any chance??? ;-)
just out of interest Conrad, does Edgar call you Connie? ;)...er...I'll get me coat
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

In fairness.....
No he doesn't!!!! ;-)
But I don't think he'd mind me calling him Eddie.
24db

Post by 24db »

TangFanIRL wrote:In fairness.....
No he doesn't!!!! ;-)
what-a-guy! ;)
timer

Post by timer »

TangFanIRL wrote:21 years ago today.... how time flies! Would love to see a dvd of this concert. Eddie - any chance??? ;-)

That would make a fantastic DVD.

Does anyone know if it was televised or recorded by the band ?
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

No he doesn't!!!! ;-)
What about Eddie Baby???
redziller

Post by redziller »

rattymouse wrote:
No he doesn't!!!! ;-)
What about Eddie Baby???
:lol: :lol:

Tell us about your latest film, Sir Edgar, if you'd be so very kind
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

rattymouse wrote:
No he doesn't!!!! ;-)
What about Eddie Baby???
Sometimes it's good to be able to know when not to push it, and I think that would be pushing it!!!! ;-) ;-) ;-)
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Announcer: Good evening and welcome to another edition of It's the Arts. And we kick off this evening with Cinema.

Host: Good evening. One of the most prolific film directors of this age, or indeed of any age, is Sir Edward Ross, back in his native country for the first time for five years to open a season of his works at the National Film Theatre, and we are indeed fortunate to have him with us in this studio tonight.

Ross: Good evening.

Host: Edward... you don't mind if I call you Edward?

Ross: No, not at all.

Host: Because it does worry some people - I don't know why - but they are a little sensitive so I take the precaution of asking on these occasions.

Ross: No, that's fine.

Host: So Edward's all right. Splendid. I'm sorry to have brought it up.

Ross: No, no, please. Edward it is.

Host: Well thank you very much for being so helpful. And it's more than my job's worth to, er...

Ross: Yes, quite.

Host: Makes it rather difficult to establish a rapport - put the other person at his ease...

Ross: Quite.

Host: Silly little point but it does seem to matter. Still, er, least said the better. Ted, when you first started you... I hope you don't mind if I call you Ted, er, I mean as opposed to Edward?

Ross: No, no, everyone calls me Ted.

Host: Well of course it's shorter, isn't it.

Ross: Yes it is.

Host: And much less formal!

Ross: Yes, Ted, Edward or anything!

Host: Thank you. Um, incidentally, do call me Tom. I don't want you bothering with this 'Thomas' nonsense! Ha ha ha ha! Now where were we? Ah yes. Eddie Baby, when you first started in the...

Ross: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but I don't like being called "Eddie Baby".

Host: What?

Ross: I don't like being called "Eddie Baby".

Host: (pause) Did I call you "Eddie Baby"?

Ross: Yes, you did! Now if you could get on with the interview...

Host: I don't think I did call you "Eddie Baby".

Ross: You did!

Host: Did I call him "Eddie Baby"?

(Audience murmurs of 'yes' etc.)

Host: I didn't really call you "Eddie Baby", did I, sweetie?

Ross: Don't call me "sweetie"!

Host: Can I call you "sugar plum"?

Ross: No.

Host: "Pussycat"?

Ross: No!

Host: "Angel drawers"?

Ross: No you may not! Get on with it!

Host: Can I call you "Frank"?

Ross: (suspiciously) Why "Frank"?

Host: It's a nice name. Richard Nixon's got a hedgehog called Frank.

Ross: What IS going on?

Host: Now Frank -- Fran -- Frannie -- little Frannie-pooh...

Ross: No. I'm leaving. I'm off. I'm going. I've never... (exits)

Host: (loudly) Tell us about your latest film, Sir Edward.

Ross: (nearly offstage) What?

Host: Tell us about your latest film, Sir Edward, if you'd be so very kind.

Ross: None of this "Pussycat" nonsense?

Host: Promise. (Pats seat next to him.) Please, Sir Edward.

Ross: My latest film?

Host: Yes, Sir Edward.

Ross: Well the idea, funnily enough, is based on an idea I had when I first joined the industry in 1919. Of course, in those days I was only the tea boy and...

Host: Oh shut up!
goozer

Post by goozer »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:regarding the intro on Livemiles part one. Im sure i had in either the Dream Roots box or I-box box booklets a picture of Froese/Franke/Haslinger with the guy who apparently introduced the Alburquerque show...and do you think i can find that picture now? Can i heck.

While we're on the subject of Livemiles, i saw TD at the Hammy Odeon on the 86 tour. Remember the joint TD logo on the tour programme? Well when Tyger appeared in the shops i nearly had kittens because i thought it was a live album of that show....the next album after that was Livemiles and none of the music on that album is remotely close to what was played on the uk leg of the tour. I had a couple of 'boot cassettes' of the show i went to but was over the moon when we got the Vault:Brighton release. I remember the bass been so loud (not in a bad way) at the Hammersmith show that our seats shook!

Fond memories of my first TD show.
/lurk

How do you think I felt, seeing that I was 12th row, center for the Albuquerque show? I knew something was up as soon as the needle hit the "intro", seeing as there was none at the actual show.

And Jerome isn't the voice for the Berlin intro...

goozer 8)
Those who believe that the world is made up of shades of grey have been staring at the line between black & white for so long that their vision has become blurred. - HG
http://soundcloud.com/dementia-ranger
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:While we're on the subject of Livemiles, i saw TD at the Hammy Odeon on the 86 tour. Remember the joint TD logo on the tour programme? Well when Tyger appeared in the shops i nearly had kittens because i thought it was a live album of that show....the next album after that was Livemiles and none of the music on that album is remotely close to what was played on the uk leg of the tour. I had a couple of 'boot cassettes' of the show i went to but was over the moon when we got the Vault:Brighton release. I remember the bass been so loud (not in a bad way) at the Hammersmith show that our seats shook!

Fond memories of my first TD show.
Think I saw them at Bristol on the 1986 tour and remember the bass clearly. The sub-rumble was quite disturbing, at one point I almost left my seat in fear (seriously!). It was only later that it occurred to me that you probably experience the same frequencies during an earthquake.

...this thought came to me just after an earthquake I experienced in Cephalonia. "Now where have I felt that before?"
homeless

Post by homeless »

Richard Nixon's got a hedgehog called Frank

Good ol' Monty! I just love it!

homeless
GAZZ

live miles part 2

Post by GAZZ »

regarding the livemiles album i was always led to believe the voice was monika froese but the other thing that gets me is the last piece of livemiles 2 one of [for me anyway] the best things they have done is suppossed to have been at the berlin gig , however the 2 bootlegs that are of this gig namely antarktis and 20th century serenades this last piece of part 2 is not there.. was the last piece of part 2 a studio recording made to finish of the album . td have already said that they bridged some parts in the studio also the piano part at the beginning of part 2 is different to the bootlegs of what i was meant to believe are the same concert can anyone help me on this :roll: