BEST TD SOUNDTRACK?

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:
24db wrote:Keith Jarrett's score is better IMHO
But he didn't actually score the film, right? Friedkin just used some of his music (from Hymns & Spheres) that already existed. Anyway, the topic is which is the best TD soundtrack, not what would be the best music for the film, "______". Likewise, there are also fans of Legend who prefer Jerry Goldsmith's score to TD's. I'm sure there also fans of Dawn of the Dead who prefer the Brian May score to Goblin's.
I prefer the Keith Jarrett music then
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

s o r c e r o r

the score by tangerine dream, is, the greatest :arrow: :arrow:

opinion based on fact :P
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

my top 3 soundtracks in order 3 wavelength 2 near dark 1 legend very hard to decide cos i love em all :D
Janus

Post by Janus »

GAZZ wrote:my top 3 soundtracks in order 3 wavelength 2 near dark 1 legend very hard to decide cos i love em all :D
Nice selection Gazz :)
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Im just gonna give "Wavelength" a spin :idea:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Janus

Post by Janus »

epsilon75 wrote:Im just gonna give "Wavelength" a spin :idea:
The Church theme is always a winner for me mate :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Janus wrote:
Nice track Chris with an element of "Silver Scale" 8) :P
Janus

Post by Janus »

epsilon75 wrote:
Janus wrote:
I watched that movie again the other day Colin, a bit dated but the music
itself is timeless INHO 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Janus wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Janus wrote: The Church theme is always a winner for me mate :D
I watched that movie again the other day Colin, a bit dated but the music
itself is timeless INHO 8)
I have not seen the movie since the late 80s,im going to have to get hold of it on DVD :idea: :arrow:
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

been trying to get wavelength on dvd so went to local hmv store it wasnt on show so i asked and they looked and kindly said it is now no longer avaialable so i think that i'll look on the net hmv are totally useless anyway if its uncommercial they dont wanna know anyway another good soundtrack is city of shadows thre is one track featured on the electronic orgy bootleg 3 disc set and the track is called brother and sister and also ftrs vox but the rest of the music in the film is really good got a video copy of the film good film too :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

GAZZ wrote:been trying to get wavelength on dvd so went to local hmv store it wasnt on show so i asked and they looked and kindly said it is now no longer avaialable so i think that i'll look on the net hmv are totally useless anyway if its uncommercial they dont wanna know anyway another good soundtrack is city of shadows thre is one track featured on the electronic orgy bootleg 3 disc set and the track is called brother and sister and also ftrs vox but the rest of the music in the film is really good got a video copy of the film good film too :D
Nothing showing around the ebays only a video copy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=011

Im almost certain i have seen DVD copys for sale on the UK ebay
Janus

Post by Janus »

epsilon75 wrote:
GAZZ wrote:been trying to get wavelength on dvd so went to local hmv store it wasnt on show so i asked and they looked and kindly said it is now no longer avaialable so i think that i'll look on the net hmv are totally useless anyway if its uncommercial they dont wanna know anyway another good soundtrack is city of shadows thre is one track featured on the electronic orgy bootleg 3 disc set and the track is called brother and sister and also ftrs vox but the rest of the music in the film is really good got a video copy of the film good film too :D
Nothing showing around the ebays only a video copy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=011

Im almost certain i have seen DVD copys for sale on the UK ebay
You may be right now Colin but I know about a year and a half ago back, in
my own hunt to get hold of this movie to see again ,no DVD then was available
and I eventually waited courtesty of Ebay for a video copy to appear and got
a US copy of the video. Luckily my working for a film company at the
time meant I'd gotten a PAL format video player to watch it on.

Major film companies as a rule of thumb tend to operate on releasing
old films, good or not, on what the potential market is going to be for them,
but I have seen in a few cases where fans of certain cult movies
and old tv series for instance have began petitions on film fan websites,
got a petition together, forwarded it to the company that owns the
rights to it and got it out there in the shops and on DVD. People power
can work :)
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

was it ever offically released on DVD??
Janus

Post by Janus »

TangFanIRL wrote:
Hi Conrad just done some checking and it looks like there hasn't been a DVD release of Wavelength . It was theatrically released by New World Pictures and for video it was marketed out onto video by Nelson Films, again to the best of my knowledge not one of the big league distributors. Personally I'm not aware of it being broadcast on terrestrial television here but it's bound to have been in the US and elsewhere since 1983 at some stage.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Janus wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote:
Hi Conrad just done some checking and it looks like there hasn't been a DVD release of Wavelength . It was theatrically released by New World Pictures and for video it was marketed out onto video by Nelson Films, again to the best of my knowledge not one of the big league distributors. Personally I'm not aware of it being broadcast on terrestrial television here but it's bound to have been in the US and elsewhere since 1983 at some stage.
Hi Chris, thanks for the info mate!