TD @ Fopp (again)

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD @ Fopp (again)

Post by 24db »

The Highstreet store Fopp is once again selling some TD CDs very cheaply...at the moment (if you happen to be near Glasgow...and other branches across the UK) they are selling the following for £3 each (which is a bargain whichever way you look at it):

Electronic Meditation
Alpha Centauri
Zeit
Atem
Green Desert
Le Parc
Tyger
Poland
Live Miles

These are the 2002 Sanctuary re-issues that come with Paul Russels rather good sleeve notes.

A great way to get an instant collection for only 27 quid :)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Good deal, shame I am watching the pennies at the moment
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Can you still order from Fopp on the internet?

I tried finding their old site earlier on but couldn't locate it.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:Can you still order from Fopp on the internet?

I tried finding their old site earlier on but couldn't locate it.
sadly no, although the site says they'll be updating it soon. But it's been saying that for ages
har

Post by har »

They should open the Fopp in Dundee again immediately :!:

Or at least keep some of the above classic discs back for me.

Still to hear Electronic Meditation :shock: and I supect I will be :shock: :shock: when I do!
24db

Post by 24db »

Talking of Scotish record shops, I'm sorry to hear that 'Lost in Music' (in Glasgow's West End) is set to close. They always stocked TD's albums, as well as the usual Krautrock re-issues etc. It's a shame
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

the biggest loss of any record shop/ordering outlet for me was midas music who used to be based in derby . aswell as all the official releases , they used to get a lot of good quality bootlegs going through their outlet they were also very much behind a lot of the promotion work for andy pickford , midas music you are sadly missed but not forgotten :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

GAZZ wrote:the biggest loss of any record shop/ordering outlet for me was midas music who used to be based in derby . aswell as all the official releases , they used to get a lot of good quality bootlegs going through their outlet they were also very much behind a lot of the promotion work for andy pickford , midas music you are sadly missed but not forgotten :roll:
Les May, very nice bloke, but...er how can I put is? he used to walk a very fine line sometimes, especially with TD.
GAZZ

Post by GAZZ »

yer he's told me a few tales about an angry edgar on the other end of the phone because he had been late paying a bill etc etc :roll:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

GAZZ wrote:the biggest loss of any record shop/ordering outlet for me was midas music who used to be based in derby . aswell as all the official releases , they used to get a lot of good quality bootlegs going through their outlet they were also very much behind a lot of the promotion work for andy pickford , midas music you are sadly missed but not forgotten :roll:

I used to love Midas, when I first got into E music I used order all my stuff from them, Les sounded a bit mad but a very friendly chap. I used to think his missus sounded very sexy although I don`t know if she was or not.

Wonder what they are up to these days

I think they were involved with getting Klaus Schulze to play in Derby as well
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Les and Kathy May yeah, used to get all my stuff through them at one point, and they were a great source of the latest bootlegs at the time. I got my Don't Walk Dream Now steel tin from them. I'd have thought Edgar would have made a few stern calls about them selling bootlegs as well as late bills!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

exit81 wrote:Les and Kathy May yeah, used to get all my stuff through them at one point, and they were a great source of the latest bootlegs at the time. I got my Don't Walk Dream Now steel tin from them. I'd have thought Edgar would have made a few stern calls about them selling bootlegs as well as late bills!
I dont think the EO set went down very well :oops:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

24db wrote:Talking of Scotish record shops, I'm sorry to hear that 'Lost in Music' (in Glasgow's West End) is set to close. They always stocked TD's albums, as well as the usual Krautrock re-issues etc. It's a shame
I'm very sad to hear that :cry:

I've been visiting Lost in Music for years and always enjoyed browsing through the Krautrock section. They even had a second hand Krautrock section in which i picked up a few bargains over the years.

Looks like another casualty in the decline of the High Street music shop.....

Maybe they'll set something up on-line...
Be at one with the sequencing.....
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

its sad to see the 'high street' record shops going. I heard recently that Mr.Cds and Select a Disc in Berwick Street, London have gone. A few years back, me and a couple friends used to save our christmas bonus and christmas money and book a day off in january and go and spend it all on records and cds. We'd come home with the plastic bag handles straining under the weight of our purchases. Golden days!
I try to avoid downloads as i prefer the product...to hold the cd case, read the credits etc.
I do use mail order because its the only way to get alot of music i love.

Shops are suffering because of the download market ....but i think the music industry has pushed things in this direction. Record labels ripping off artists and fans alike for years. Two of my favorite bands,(TD and MARILLION) both have their own labels and studios. With Marillion, we even pay for the album up to 2yrs in advance. In return, we get a special extended edition of the album, our name in the credits list etc. The band use the funds to promote the album etc.

And how many HMV's or small indie record stores could you purchase TD's latest offerings from.

It may not be great for record shops but its the way it is.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Zavvi in Ediburgh has shut down..it was not good anyway but just 6 years ago when it was Virgin it was pretty decent. Loads of TD..I was in back in May and couldn't believe how poorly stocked it was no TD and the once superb Jazz section was pure pish.