TANGRAM 2008 & HYPERBOREA 2008

la sagesse du destin
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by la sagesse du destin »

24db wrote:Tangram 2008(ish)

I was looking out of train window earlier today (going through Edinburgh) and saw this shop:

http://www.tangramfurnishers.co.uk/

it's a sign I tell you! ;)
Do you want my sofa for 4990 £ ideal to hear Tangram 2008 ?

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
24db

Post by 24db »

la sagesse du destin wrote:

I was looking out of train window earlier today (going through Edinburgh) and saw this shop:

Charles
I'll make some space for it Charles ;)
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

24db wrote:
la sagesse du destin wrote:

Charles
I'll make some space for it Charles ;)
:lol: :lol:
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
hansx

Post by hansx »

Tangram is the only cd I listened in my holiday. Is good, a no-TD vacation. works refreshing. :D
24db

Post by 24db »

http://www.myspace.com/tangerinedreamofficialsite

TD have added the first track from Tangram 2008 to their Myspace page, just in case there's anybody who wants to check it out
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:http://www.myspace.com/tangerinedreamofficialsite

TD have added the first track from Tangram 2008 to their Myspace page, just in case there's anybody who wants to check it out
I play it nearly everyday from my Ipod. I hardly look at the myspacepage.
nightmare strand

Post by nightmare strand »

Can I flirt with controversy for a moment and make Tangram 2008 my absolute favourite TD album of all time and the greatest example of its genre ever to grace my ears.

I've deliberately refrained from constant replays so that each subsequent visit retains a degree of freshness. I was stunned by it on first listen and still find it captivating. I have of course chosen to overlook the fact that Tangram has actually been around for almost 30 years, while at the same time claiming that I no longer need to wear my nostalgia hat when searching for the most glorious sounds of TD. Please grant me some slack for such a weighty oversight. Of how many artists though, who have been around for over 40 years can their fans debate whether the new releases can be compared favourably with the old.

I wlll order extra copies of the 2008 release so that I need never be without it. A bit sad perhaps, more than a bit sad some would debate, but if something gives you this much enjoyment, why not shout about it.

Personally speaking, Tangram 2008 is the definitive benchmark by which other releases of its genre should be judged and if Edgar choses to embark upon further re-recordings and can maintain this standard, then more power to his elbow for doing so, it's not as if there isn't enough new material on offer these days. I would however urge extra care be taken with Force Majeure and my previous favourite, Rubycon.

My 4 year old son found parts of Tangram 2008 sufficiently engrossing to spontaneously brake out into fits of frenzied dancing. Not perhaps to intention of the piece, but an example of how music can appeal to different people on different levels.

The great thing about TD is that my opinions regarding Tangram 2008 will not find favour with many if any fellow TD enthusiasts, some may even be appalled by them. Everyone has their own little nugget of pure genius that ignites that spark within us, but all I know is that this 40 minute masterpiece puts a smile back on the face of a self - confessed middle aged sceptic every time and you can't put a price on that! It's only music, but oh what music!!!
timer

Post by timer »

Great post nightmare strand.

As you say , maybe people won't agree with what you say - but that's 'individual human taste' ,and I think you will find a lot of respect from fellow posters for saying what you have.

I like Tangram 2008 a lot, but my preference is Hyperborea 2008 - Sphinx Lightening rework is just sublime.

8)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Yeah ...although I'd rather Edgar left the old albums alone Tanagram 08 is by no means poor. I actually enjoy th variations on the album .And think Edgar has shown he's no old school producer by including very ''Dancey'' beats. I listened to Hyberborea 08 & Tangram 08 back to back last week and they are quite enjoyable. I still hope Ed leaves Rubycon well alone though.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:Great post nightmare strand.

As you say , maybe people won't agree with what you say - but that's 'individual human taste' ,and I think you will find a lot of respect from fellow posters for saying what you have.

I like Tangram 2008 a lot, but my preference is Hyperborea 2008 - Sphinx Lightening rework is just sublime.

8)
I prefer Hyperborea 2008 but I think it's probably because I've always liked Tangram immensely and wasn't all that impressed by the original Hyperborea. The new Tangram is pretty good but Hyperborea 2008 is such an improvement (IMO) on the original that it makes it a much better listen.
24db

Post by 24db »

nightmare strand wrote:Can I flirt with controversy for a moment and make Tangram 2008 my absolute favourite TD album of all time and the greatest example of its genre ever to grace my ears.

I've deliberately refrained from constant replays so that each subsequent visit retains a degree of freshness. I was stunned by it on first listen and still find it captivating. I have of course chosen to overlook the fact that Tangram has actually been around for almost 30 years, while at the same time claiming that I no longer need to wear my nostalgia hat when searching for the most glorious sounds of TD. Please grant me some slack for such a weighty oversight. Of how many artists though, who have been around for over 40 years can their fans debate whether the new releases can be compared favourably with the old.

I wlll order extra copies of the 2008 release so that I need never be without it. A bit sad perhaps, more than a bit sad some would debate, but if something gives you this much enjoyment, why not shout about it.

Personally speaking, Tangram 2008 is the definitive benchmark by which other releases of its genre should be judged and if Edgar choses to embark upon further re-recordings and can maintain this standard, then more power to his elbow for doing so, it's not as if there isn't enough new material on offer these days. I would however urge extra care be taken with Force Majeure and my previous favourite, Rubycon.

My 4 year old son found parts of Tangram 2008 sufficiently engrossing to spontaneously brake out into fits of frenzied dancing. Not perhaps to intention of the piece, but an example of how music can appeal to different people on different levels.

The great thing about TD is that my opinions regarding Tangram 2008 will not find favour with many if any fellow TD enthusiasts, some may even be appalled by them. Everyone has their own little nugget of pure genius that ignites that spark within us, but all I know is that this 40 minute masterpiece puts a smile back on the face of a self - confessed middle aged sceptic every time and you can't put a price on that! It's only music, but oh what music!!!
good on yer! love or loath it...just enjoy whatever floats your boat
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

What that question again? :?:

:!: :arrow: