Tangerine Dream Live Concert on Blu-ray disc?

Do you wanted on Tangerine Dream on Blu-ray Disc?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes: 18

jacob
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by jacob »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Why Guy’s Why? :(
Blu-ray It’s already takes it off now. :P :D
But really understand you guy's are not ready blu-ray yet.
I do. :wink:
It's always hard to convince people who's confident with a certain well-established medium to switch to a fashionable one.
I have been swearing to tapes as my favourite recording medium since my infancy, and people swearing to minidisc has shaken their head in despair this side of the millinneum.

People tend to stick whatever format they are comfortable with, and what they can use in the connecting to other people. I suspect CD's will live much longer than predicted.
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
Thats got me laughing :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: maybe CF can do a bit of sequ{cen-sored} whilst EF arranges the veg :twisted: :wink:
I can imagine where Edgar would like to stuff it as well sideways

EF could sample the screams & release it on the next mini cupdisc
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Why Guy’s Why? :(
Blu-ray It’s already takes it off now. :P :D
But really understand you guy's are not ready blu-ray yet.

I do. :wink:
:!: :arrow:
I think things are different in other parts of the world. Here in Europe, the masses are moving much more into downloadable and computer based software than yet another medium that involves upgrading hardware and software.

No doubt the quality of Blu-ray is superb, but the public have not always backed the best sound / picture... look at Betamax versus VHS or DCC versus Minidisc for example.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

billythefish wrote:No doubt the quality of Blu-ray is superb, but the public have not always backed the best sound / picture... look at Betamax versus VHS or DCC versus Minidisc for example.
I watch quite a few DVDs each week and I've never thought to myself "This is good but the picture could be better quality". So I don't really see the need for an up-grade in quality. May be if I had a ginormous telly I'd feel differently.
24db

Post by 24db »

I don't think this is an argument over the merits of Blu Ray (It's a great system IMHO...and 'in time' I'll get a player)...more of will TD do it and I think it's very unlikey considering the amount of people who own the hardware
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Chris Monk wrote:
billythefish wrote:No doubt the quality of Blu-ray is superb, but the public have not always backed the best sound / picture... look at Betamax versus VHS or DCC versus Minidisc for example.
I watch quite a few DVDs each week and I've never thought to myself "This is good but the picture could be better quality". So I don't really see the need for an up-grade in quality. May be if I had a ginormous telly I'd feel differently.
I used to think the same as far as the differences - but when you compare the two side by side, Blu-Ray is really quite stunning. I actually bought an HD player only a few weeks before they announced they'd be canning it. Lucky for me, the AV store I purchased it at allowed me to return it and exchange it for a Blu-Ray player (which of course required me to fork over another hundred or two in addition).
exit81

Post by exit81 »

You know me too well Andy!! While mastering to Blu-Ray would certainly give us an increase in picture quality, the difference won't be all that great, because like Andy said, TD's shows aren't filmed on full HD-CAM, which records in full hi-def (1920x1080 pixles). TD only use a lower form of hi-def, which records at around 1440x1080 (Sony Z1 camera and similar). So while we'd see a nice difference with Blu-Ray, it's certainly not in TD's interests to go to full HD-CAM as it's a much more expensive work flow, from camera hire, operator hire, through to editing and mastering. If you're U2, fine, but TD's smaller fanbase just can't justify it.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I have blu-ray on my PS3 but no HD telly. I have zero blu-ray discs. I do however have over 500 DVDs. The current price difference between the two at the moment is a no-brainer for me. I can pick up decent films on DVD for £3 whereas they are new release on blu-ray for £20. :shock:

Plus, when I get a HD telly, the PS3 will upscale the DVDs anyway. Okay so they won't be as good looking or sounding as a blu-ray movie but I don't realy care. I have a dedicated A/V room just for watching DVD films and I'm quite happy with the format.
ant

Post by ant »

:) I have just read in a mag that Blu-Ray sales in the uk are up considerably this year. I have just purchased a Panasonic player and linked thru my Hi-Def Denon Amplifier and thru my Optoma projector, the picture is awesome. Dvd's are much improved on the Blu Ray player also as they get upgraded to 1080i as well. The picture is so sharp and the colours vivid. You really do feel like you are in the action. Would love to see TD on Blu Ray so how about it Edgar. You are up with the downloads so why not Blu Ray? :)
Biggus Dickus