Ambient Highway

Desert_Voyager
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Desert_Voyager »

sparrow wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
sparrow wrote: I hope it is it cost almost 10 times more. :cry:
Did you notice distortion on Jeanne d'Arc aswell as one or two at the most claimed that there was? I must say that I for one never did.
None at all Jason..the distortion some folk noticed was in fact an effect.
I agree John, it wasn't distortion..... my cd player is an expensive one aswell.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

timer wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
sparrow wrote: I hope it is it cost almost 10 times more. :cry:
Did you notice distortion on Jeanne d'Arc aswell as one or two at the most claimed that there was? I must say that I for one never did.
DV Got to agree with you on this, there are some very strange sounding 'moments' on the JOA CD- pity as its a absolute amazingly stunning CD. (IMOOOC)
Indeed timer, some of the effects were so strange that I wondered what they were there for. I'm also looking forward to another TD album as grand as Jeanne D'Arc.
hansx

Post by hansx »

I have it also, and I like it very much. It is an extensive compilation with in my opinion a very good sound quality. I think it is better than the other compilations of him.
Last edited by hansx on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

The mastering on the AH discs is way off. All the tracks sound too loud and on numerous single tracks there is a bit of distortion. This has put me off listening to what should've been a good set.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I only have one CD.

:!: :arrow:
hansx

Post by hansx »

sparrow wrote:The mastering on the AH discs is way off. All the tracks sound too loud and on numerous single tracks there is a bit of distortion. This has put me off listening to what should've been a good set.
Play it softer than, maybe that helps :!: :lol:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

hansx wrote:
sparrow wrote:The mastering on the AH discs is way off. All the tracks sound too loud and on numerous single tracks there is a bit of distortion. This has put me off listening to what should've been a good set.
Play it softer than, maybe that helps :!: :lol:
Hmm but nowadays they get their mastering right (I've got the Cyberjam Collection and it sounds absolutely fine). Maybe Edgar and his studio team were experimenting with new mastering equipment around the time of Ambient Highway...
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

This is a very extensive discography of EFs and the sound quality is top notch 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:This is a very extensive discography of EFs and the sound quality is top notch 8) :D
Funnily enough I listened to all four of them yesterday and that was my assessment.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:This is a very extensive discography of EFs and the sound quality is top notch 8) :D
Funnily enough I listened to all four of them yesterday and that was my assessment.
Its nice to chill and listen to them back to back Chris,i feel there is a very good variety throughout the discs and as has been said......Great Sound Quality :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Its nice to chill and listen to them back to back Chris,i feel there is a very good variety throughout the discs and as has been said......Great Sound Quality :D
Yep. Chillin' was what I was doing and the music was more than adequate.

...beer helped too. :wink: