Who's he going to call?

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

I think TD and Terry Riley would have been an interesting combination, a shame it didnt come off. I hope the collaboration occurs in the future, subject to Terry's health,,,the minimalism of riley and orchestral oeuvre of TD....

One of my favoured groups is the Japanese experimentalists: Acid Mothers Temple.....they would bring a stunning angle to TD music

:D
...The wise.....are silent.....
td fan

Post by td fan »

I think Ulrich Schnauss would be ideal choice...but it will not be easy, because Ulrich is now member of Longview :( But he was (and still is) big fan of TD music, and I think Edgar need only to make that call :)

Ulrich is also friend of Jerome, so I vote for trio Edgar, Ulrich, Jerome...

Other candidates would be: J.Schmoelling, C.Franke, Hans Zimmer, P.Haslinger, Vangelis, Schiller, Harry Gregson-Williams....
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Imagine Edgar and Jarre working together...I think sparks would fly (and not good ones)

I think Edgar prefers to bring musicians into the band who don't have too much previous baggage. He seems to place approach and skill as a more important criteria than any previous work released.
24db

Post by 24db »

Ulrich is on record as saying he wouldn't be interested, even if the call came, well....actually he said yes and no...fence sitter ;)
td fan

Post by td fan »

Edgar should think of TD's future...He should ask his son to come back. Jerome and Ulrich together, that would be perfect. Fresh blood, fresh mind...Of course, Edgar is genius, but his age....He cannot live and compose 100 years...
Schiller just issued new album/compilation with Kiew Mission on it...He had Kiew mission on analog tape and listened all the time...So maybe...Edgar, Jerome, Ulrich, Schiller...Let me enjoy to imagine... 8)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

td fan wrote:Schiller just issued new album/compilation with Kiew Mission on it...He had Kiew mission on analog tape and listened all the time...So maybe...Edgar, Jerome, Ulrich, Schiller...Let me enjoy to imagine... 8)
Interesting, what's the album called?

edit: Google says "Playlist". Not on iTunes.
Last edited by Pertou on Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

Schiller? this the same guy that makes out he's the best friend of 99.9% of all EM big names. I wonder what Edgar's opinion would be about him? (just out of interest)
td fan

Post by td fan »

Pertou wrote:
td fan wrote:Schiller just issued new album/compilation with Kiew Mission on it...He had Kiew mission on analog tape and listened all the time...So maybe...Edgar, Jerome, Ulrich, Schiller...Let me enjoy to imagine... 8)
Interesting, what's the album called?

edit: Google says "Playlist". Not on iTunes.
Kiew mission is here:
http://www.amazon.de/Schiller-Playlist- ... 740&sr=8-1

Schiller & Klaus Schulze stuff:

http://www.radioeins.de/musik/playlists ... _2300.html
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

BM ponders the question......

Edgar could always call up a really cutting edge EM artist, like Gary Numan

and I have always wondered what we would get should TD do a concert with Kraftwerk [PC world or Evans Cycles could sponsor....]

:wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:BM ponders the question......

Edgar could always call up a really cutting edge EM artist, like Gary Numan

and I have always wondered what we would get should TD do a concert with Kraftwerk [PC world or Evans Cycles could sponsor....]

:wink:
Edgar likes Kraftwerk, if he denies it I'll post the interview with him in 1977 where he says he does ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

BM remembers that Interview....but doesnt it sort of say that he 'likes' KW but they are not TD....[states obvious]
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:BM remembers that Interview....but doesnt it sort of say that he 'likes' KW but they are not TD....[states obvious]
Um...nope mate...I'm quoting from the Music People radio interview from 1977 (not word for word...Edgar is asked about Faust, who they met in England)..."...but there is a group I like, mostly it's Kraftwerk'

DJ(1) "Kraftwerk"?

EF: "Kraftwerk and a group called Cluster, i don't know if you've heard of them"

DJ(1): "I haven't"

EF: "...Can a bit, Amon Duul, not so much at the moment, they were really good in performance 2 or 3 years ago, but they have always changed the members, so they had some problems"

blah x 1000,000 ;)
Last edited by 24db on Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:D

thanks Andy.....

but there is a printed interview with Edgar/TD in which he comments on KW as well as his thouhts on poonk rock.....i think its either sounds or NME, BM cant be sure as the BM archive is currently in hollowood, on tour
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote::D

thanks Andy.....

but there is a printed interview with Edgar/TD in which he comments on KW as well as his thouhts on poonk rock.....i think its either sounds or NME, BM cant be sure as the BM archive is currently in hollowood, on tour
right nice one, sadly my entire archive was stolen by Chris Franke whilst I was aways for the weekend...all he left me was a cold ;)
24db

Post by 24db »

there's two versions of the same interview...so I need to track down the longer version (it's somewhere here I tell you!!!!!!!!!!) and then type the sherbang up