Chris Franke - The London Concert

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:This is a very good concert which i have on DVD,Mountain Heights is by far my favorite CF track :D
DVD? An audience recording?
Btw if you don't like the way TD 'perform' then you won't like this either

CF is accompanied as usual by Richard Roth :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote: DVD? An audience recording?

CF is accompanied as usual by Richard Roth :arrow:
Yep, exactly the same way Thorsten accompanies TD ;)
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:No.......... contact Duncan@tangerinedream.co.uk and mention this recording,im pretty sure he can help you for a cheap price :wink:
Have to do that, I guess, I do want that dvd also.
batman

Post by batman »

Very good concert IMO
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

Pertou wrote:
Tangram wrote:All very interesting, but can anyone actually answer my original question please :wink:
I can only guess. It must be Cool Breeze Of Brighton, or rather an even earlier version called Taking The Park (Part 2), from the film The Park Is Mine, which was recorded in 1985
Isn't "Vermillion Sands" the thing that EF accused CF of plagiarism over? Also aren't both (or all 3) tracks really just "Scrap Yard" from Thief revisited and extended?
Chris Monk

Re: Chris Franke - The London Concert

Post by Chris Monk »

Tangram wrote:I've just got this, late I know! Got a question please, Vermillion Sands sounds like Cool Breeze of Brighton. Are they one and the same thing and if so, which version came first please?
It was palyed by TD before it was played by CF on his own so I guess it's Cool Breeze of Brishton that came first.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
Tangram wrote:I've just got this, late I know! Got a question please, Vermillion Sands sounds like Cool Breeze of Brighton. Are they one and the same thing and if so, which version came first please?
It was palyed by TD before it was played by CF on his own so I guess it's Cool Breeze of Brishton that came first.
Jerome joked about this during the 'rarities hour' on Radio eins Elektrobeats several years ago
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Jerome joked about this during the 'rarities hour' on Radio eins Elektrobeats several years ago

Obvious its not a joke to Edgar :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Tangram

Post by Tangram »

Chris Monk wrote:
Thanks Chris!
If I do not agree with what you have to say, I will still defend to the death your right to say it. (Voltaire, almost)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Pertou wrote:My version says that Mountain Heights and Private Diaries are bonus tracks.
EDIT: Dolphin Dance and Private Diaries :oops:
obiwankenomi

Post by obiwankenomi »

The first time Cool Breeze Of Brighton appeared on a official TD-recording was the Antique Dreams album from the year 2000. Antique Dreams is a compilation, containing studio and live recordings from between 1971 and 1988.

Cool Breeze of Brighton also appears on the 2005 Vault IV release, which are live recordings from 1986.

So if Vermillion Sands first appeared on Christopher's 1992 London Concert, Cool Breeze of Brighton is the oldest recording of those two.

Obiwan
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:This is a very good concert which i have on DVD,Mountain Heights is by far my favorite CF track :D
DVD? An audience recording?
:P
I have NEVER critized the way TD perform, but I have seriously questioned the way they mixed the sound on Paradiso and the Tempodrom dvd. That's two different things. :)
(Maybe the 'you' wasn't aimed at me, but other people, as well?)

Am I going to see TD again? Hell yeah! :D
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote: DVD? An audience recording?
I have NEVER critized the way TD perform, but I have seriously questioned the way they mixed the sound on Paradiso and the Tempodrom dvd. That's two different things. :)

Good for you, no it wasn't completely aimed at you Jacob. Anyway, when you get the DVD you'll see that Chris 'plays' in the same way as TD
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote: Btw if you don't like the way TD 'perform' then you won't like this either

Good for you, no it wasn't completely aimed at you Jacob. Anyway, when you get the DVD you'll see that Chris 'plays' in the same way as TD
Now you making me very curious about it. :roll: :roll:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Had a listen to this one last night. I like it a lot but wish it was a bit longer.