Weird facts about TD

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Someone here is changing the words around..............if there is a secret moderator dont mess with my words or i just might get in to trouble :x

I said in my last message............."my missus thinks he is red cold" 10 minutes later the "red" had turned to "cold" there was a similar instance earlier on.................come on who is taking the p***?
CM did mention this in a previous post. You can keep the original spellings, with the addition of spaces!

Just about sussed it out now :oops: got to be careful with this set-up :roll: :lol:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Anyway....back to the weird stuff...

In 1981 TD played a gig in Aachen (in Germany), they played their mainset...walked off, and then returned for the encores dressed in Gorilla suits (Chris Franke having his mask , as rumour has it, on upside-down).

The Gorillaz first gig perhaps?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:Anyway....back to the weird stuff...

In 1981 TD played a gig in Aachen (in Germany), they played their mainset...walked off, and then returned for the encores dressed in Gorilla suits (Chris Franke having his mask , as rumour has it, on upside-down).

I have seen a picture of that somewhere,i just wish i could remember where...........great bit of humour that :lol: :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:Anyway....back to the weird stuff...

I have seen a picture of that somewhere,i just wish i could remember where...........great bit of humour that :lol: :lol:
it's either in the i-Box or Dream Roots boxset book Colin
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Theres a picture of gorilla suits in the i-box (picture 70) but the band have not got them on :? another strange photo is Edgar and a PIG (photo 95) in the Dream Roots Box,and Edgar and a horse (photo 146) i-box which seems to be at the same location as Edgar's Oberheim is in the bakground on both........... was this the location for the recording of (The Farmyard Tapes) we never saw :? :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Theres a picture of gorilla suits in the i-box (picture 70) but the band have not got them on :? another strange photo is Edgar and a PIG (photo 95) in the Dream Roots Box,and Edgar and a horse (photo 146) i-box which seems to be at the same location as Edgar's Oberheim is in the bakground on both........... was this the location for the recording of (The Farmyard Tapes) we never saw :? :arrow:
The pig actually wrote most of the music, Edgar just pretended he did ;)

Talking of dressing up, TD did the same thing (as rumour has it) during the UK 1990 tour...they played an encore in Halloween masks
24db

Post by 24db »

TD once tried to have a 'headphone concert', as in the entire audience of 2000 had headphones (the idea was not only to get the best sound, but to try and give everybody in the hall the same quality, rather than doing it the usual way with flown PA, with delay for the audience on the balconies). Sony were very interested as well. However the whole thing was scrapped when the band found out that the audience hated it (they tested it on 100 people in Vienna). Why did they hate it? well you don't 'just' perceive live music with your ears. Sound, especially some bass frequencies is felt by the body through the sternum, stomach, skin or through your jaw. Headphones don't do this
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:Sound, especially some bass frequencies is felt by the body through the sternum, stomach, skin or through your jaw. Headphones don't do this
I'll attest to that, at one TD show in Bristol the bass rumble almost bounced me out of my chair.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:Sound, especially some bass frequencies is felt by the body through the sternum, stomach, skin or through your jaw. Headphones don't do this
I'll attest to that, at one TD show in Bristol the bass rumble almost bounced me out of my chair.
lol! The Astoria gig was like a biology lesson for me - I could feel where all my internal organs were :lol:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
lol! The Astoria gig was like a biology lesson for me - I could feel where all my internal organs were :lol:
Yeah, that place had some weird acoustics...very bassy
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Here's a weird TD fact for you; at one show in France (I think) the band had to stop playing because someone chucked a bag full of marmalade over their equipment. Why's that weird? Well who takes a bag full of marmalade to a gig?

"Off to see TD dear?"
"Yes".
"Don't forget your bag of marmalade".

:shock:
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:Here's a weird TD fact for you; at one show in France (I think) the band had to stop playing because someone chucked a bag full of marmalade over their equipment. Why's that weird? Well who takes a bag full of marmalade to a gig?

"Off to see TD dear?"
"Yes".
"Don't forget your bag of marmalade".

:shock:
I always have a bag of marmalade with me, hey, don't make it weird ;)
Thinks 'I must hate that gig, 'before' I go'
All the French gigs at that time were slightly dodgy, with a violent undercurrent at more than a few (read the comments about the bomb threat at reims cathedral, or Richard Branon getting threatened if he stopped the bootleggers recording it)
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

There was once a gig where Edgar, Johannes & Chris dressed up in Mozart clothing can anyone remember when this gig was & if they where @ this gig.....I always wondered about this one...

:) 8) :arrow: :!: Greeting from Geoff on Pismo Beach central coast California
24db

Post by 24db »

Taximan431 wrote:There was once a gig where Edgar, Johannes & Chris dressed up in Mozart clothing can anyone remember when this gig was & if they where @ this gig.....I always wondered about this one...

Hi Geoff

Actually it was much earlier, it was Chris, Peter and Edgar it was for the German Doc Schwibsche (etc etc....you don't expect me to spell it from memory do you?) broadcast in 1976

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/search?q=signale

Last edited by 24db on Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Taximan431 wrote:There was once a gig where Edgar, Johannes & Chris dressed up in Mozart clothing can anyone remember when this gig was & if they where @ this gig.....I always wondered about this one...

Hi Geoff

Actually it was much earlier, it was Chris, Peter and Edgar it was for the German Doc Schwibsche (etc etc....you don't expect me to spell it from memory do you?) broadcast in 1976

http://the-archive-plus.blogspot.com/search?q=signale
Yep. Seen a few photos of that. What was all that about then?